Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

zpi

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by etsnet
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by CarbonXe
Rythm, you don't have to be on your knees anymore for ZPI, they don't exist. I don't know if you have realized this or not.
Read a few post back, he's still friends with Kenny Strickler. I'm sure some or most of it is sticking up for his friend which is fine. I just wish Mr. Strickler was as good of a friend back (not since he laughed when I said Travis was his friend).

I love it when people think they know me.
Never said I thought I knew you. I just stated two facts 1. You said you were still friends with him 2. He laughed when I mentioned you being his friend. Whatever...
Sweet, now you know 2 facts....
Old 01-11-2008, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
Not to bash you, travis, as you know I agree with MOST of what you say, but didn't you blow the seals in your zpi kit? And we got one here with a cracked mani, but your right...those VERY SAME ISSUES have happend to other kits as well, be it greddy, tnetics or dezod. Things happen. ZPI just get's those issues blown up ON TOP OF their bad business practices.

I'm sure your comments were directed at 1 or 2 people in this thread...I just don't want your comments coming off as "Travis is still sucking the ZPI rooster" type thing.

It's simple as this...the OP has an 08, even a used ZPI kit will not work with the MAF on the 08...look elsware...lock thread.

Seals blow on EVERY turbo kit. That has no reflection on the product, it's an on going thing with the tC's high oil pressure, along with oil flow problems from setups. Kumitsu for example. The thread entitled "3 turbos in 1 year". He has a Dezod kit to start....seals gone, then GT30, seals gone, then rebuilt it, seals gone again. How long did it take for his seals on his Dezod turbo to go.....about 2-3 months. And he doesn't even race his car.

Now compare that to me. You KNOW how bad I beat on my stuff since day Numero Uno. And they are JUST now going after all that abuse. It's been nearly a year and a half since I've been boosted. That's back in the day when there was no Dezod, and barely anyone knew who ZPI was.

No this is not a Travis defending ZPI name BS that everyone keeps trying to throw in the mix. This is a Travis being insulted after all I've done with my car. Basically, when you say the ZPI products were crap....then you might as well say my car is Crap and has a Crap product on it, when I've proven time and time again what it can and will do when it comes to racing.

I am JUST as vocal and a crap talker when someone says...."Scions shouldn't be raced, or aren't meant for modding". Don't believe me, just go to any of the various Other Scion Youtube videos and read comments. I will quickly step up when someone either insults what I've done with the tC, or talking crap about Scions in general. I love my Scion and I love what it has done. Calling the mods on it "crap" especially after they are proven, I tend to take a little personal.
Of course you will defend the product on your car, that's what most people do. Hell I was ripped apart in the xB forums because I said I didn't think an xB was better for my sister then the minivan she got. Don't take it personal, crap is crap and you can't do nothing about it. It's not about you but the crap from zpi. It just so happens that your crap lasted longer.

My statements have nothing to do with the crap zpi did to me (there's that word crap again). I've seen first hand the crap that is a zpi kit one more then one car so it's not like I'm pulling this out of my a$$ or anything.

How long did your GReddy crap last?
Hit a nerve did I? My Greddy kit worked and works fine till this day. No problems with the kit ever. Now my motor that's was a different story but it was fine until the "good doctor touched it.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:23 PM
Banned
SL Member

All of this is awesome...

www.internetisseriousbusiness.com

That will solve all!!!
Old 01-11-2008, 11:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Not to bash you, travis, as you know I agree with MOST of what you say, but didn't you blow the seals in your zpi kit? And we got one here with a cracked mani, but your right...those VERY SAME ISSUES have happend to other kits as well, be it greddy, tnetics or dezod. Things happen. ZPI just get's those issues blown up ON TOP OF their bad business practices.

I'm sure your comments were directed at 1 or 2 people in this thread...I just don't want your comments coming off as "Travis is still sucking the ZPI rooster" type thing.

It's simple as this...the OP has an 08, even a used ZPI kit will not work with the MAF on the 08...look elsware...lock thread.

Seals blow on EVERY turbo kit. That has no reflection on the product, it's an on going thing with the tC's high oil pressure, along with oil flow problems from setups. Kumitsu for example. The thread entitled "3 turbos in 1 year". He has a Dezod kit to start....seals gone, then GT30, seals gone, then rebuilt it, seals gone again. How long did it take for his seals on his Dezod turbo to go.....about 2-3 months. And he doesn't even race his car.

Now compare that to me. You KNOW how bad I beat on my stuff since day Numero Uno. And they are JUST now going after all that abuse. It's been nearly a year and a half since I've been boosted. That's back in the day when there was no Dezod, and barely anyone knew who ZPI was.

No this is not a Travis defending ZPI name BS that everyone keeps trying to throw in the mix. This is a Travis being insulted after all I've done with my car. Basically, when you say the ZPI products were crap....then you might as well say my car is Crap and has a Crap product on it, when I've proven time and time again what it can and will do when it comes to racing.

I am JUST as vocal and a crap talker when someone says...."Scions shouldn't be raced, or aren't meant for modding". Don't believe me, just go to any of the various Other Scion Youtube videos and read comments. I will quickly step up when someone either insults what I've done with the tC, or talking crap about Scions in general. I love my Scion and I love what it has done. Calling the mods on it "crap" especially after they are proven, I tend to take a little personal.
Of course you will defend the product on your car, that's what most people do. Hell I was ripped apart in the xB forums because I said I didn't think an xB was better for my sister then the minivan she got. Don't take it personal, crap is crap and you can't do nothing about it. It's not about you but the crap from zpi. It just so happens that your crap lasted longer.

My statements have nothing to do with the crap zpi did to me (there's that word crap again). I've seen first hand the crap that is a zpi kit one more then one car so it's not like I'm pulling this out of my a$$ or anything.

Hit a nerve did I? My Greddy kit worked and works fine till this day. No problems with the kit ever. Now my motor that's was a different story but it was fine until the "good doctor touched it.

LOL.....it was fine before putting the GReddy kit on it.

But hey, it's all good man. You think the ZPI kit was crap, I think the GReddy kit is crap. We are even...:thumbsup:
Old 01-11-2008, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

LOL.....it was fine before putting the GReddy kit on it.

But hey, it's all good man. You think the ZPI kit was crap, I think the GReddy kit is crap. We are even...:thumbsup:
Alright agreed.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Rythm, you don't have to be on your knees anymore for ZPI, they don't exist. I don't know if you have realized this or not.
Read a few post back, he's still friends with Kenny Strickler. I'm sure some or most of it is sticking up for his friend which is fine. I just wish Mr. Strickler was as good of a friend back (not since he laughed when I said Travis was his friend).

I love it when people think they know me.
I don't care if I know you or not, you're sucking the guy off. End of story.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, I can say I wouldnt support a company that ripped off so many other sl'rs. Smoke doesnt seem to have a problem with that..

Can we atleast get you to acknowledge (friend or not) the bad buisness and rip offs that kenny gave everyone? Just because a FEW turbo's are left that havent had any problems, doesnt mean the guys not a slimebag.

I do understand defending your car to an extent, but isnt there a point in time when you say - hmm .. wow, zpi REALLY screwed over a lot of good people on here, but wait I still support them..
Old 01-12-2008, 02:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Ive had to work on a zpi stage 0 car and I hafta say that the kit is, was, and always will be a piece of as Paul stated "crap". The worst quality and craftsmanship Ive seen to date on a tC turbo kit.
That is all...carry on
Old 01-12-2008, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by torqueTc
Well, I can say I wouldnt support a company that ripped off so many other sl'rs. Smoke doesnt seem to have a problem with that..

Can we atleast get you to acknowledge (friend or not) the bad buisness and rip offs that kenny gave everyone? Just because a FEW turbo's are left that havent had any problems, doesnt mean the guys not a slimebag.

I do understand defending your car to an extent, but isnt there a point in time when you say - hmm .. wow, zpi REALLY screwed over a lot of good people on here, but wait I still support them..

Part of a quote from the first page.

Originally Posted by Rhythmnsmoke
the company isn't around anymore do to business dealings

Old 01-12-2008, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Since when does speed = quality and reliability? So I guess that makes Ferrari's and Lambo's the most problem free cars in the world.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Since when does speed = quality and reliability? So I guess that makes Ferrari's and Lambo's the most problem free cars in the world.

Must I keep requoting myself.

the tC's high oil pressure, along with oil flow problems from setups. Kumitsu for example. The thread entitled "3 turbos in 1 year". He has a Dezod kit to start....seals gone, then GT30, seals gone, then rebuilt it, seals gone again. How long did it take for his seals on his Dezod turbo to go.....about 2-3 months. And he doesn't even race his car.

But of course you will nit pick something else to comment about, so have fun...

Peace
Old 01-12-2008, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

the tC's high oil pressure, along with oil flow problems from setups. Kumitsu for example. The thread entitled "3 turbos in 1 year". He has a Dezod kit to start....seals gone, then GT30, seals gone, then rebuilt it, seals gone again. How long did it take for his seals on his Dezod turbo to go.....about 2-3 months. And he doesn't even race his car.

But of course you will nit pick something else to comment about, so have fun...

Peace
So I guess ZPI made the amazing kit, and Dezod made the garbage one. That must explain why Dezod is one of the top turbo companies for the tC, and ZPI doesn't exist anymore. Makes sense.