Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

ZPI bad for your car? NO WAY!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Bottom line, if you are looking for a turbo kit that has not ONE goof up in it's history for the tC, then you shouldn't turbo your car. There is Not 1 turbo kit out that has NEVER had a problem on a few peoples cars. Some with more problems than others (GReddy), and some with less problems than others (ZPI).
You are probably right, in your area of the country out there in the farm-land circle of Scions. But that is completly opposite here on the east coast, I'm not lying when I say i have seen no problems occur with the Greddy kit, same when i tell you the turbonetics kit has seemed good also, along with my buddy with the Dezod kit, he has been running strong.
I've seen only bad instances with the ZPI kit, how can a person honestly compare a China-made turbine to a presicion engineered one? I have met many many owners of boosted tC's over the past 2 years and I take it how I see it, when I see a stage zero auto tC put down 117whp fresh out of the box, that's crap, when I see tubes hitting the hood, that's crap. When I see Silicone couplers wear through against the core support, that's crap. When I waste-gate gaskets blow out every 3 months, that's crap. When I see knock-off Tial wastgates, that's crap. When I see a person get their stage zero in the mail and ZPI shoves a peice of foam in the intake pipe because they ran out of cone filters, that's crap.<<--------- I have SEEN all those things.
A VERY reputable performance shop on the east coast refused to be a distributor of ZPI products because they continue to get ZPI boosted tC's in the shop often for repair. When I SEE a problem with another turbo kit, ill be happy to post it.
Sorry i might ____ some people off by telling the truth with what I see.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scott8
When you mean wrong MAF, was it cut wrong on the pipe?
He's got an '07 and they sent him the intake for an '06 which are different.
my kit had the intake pipe welded by thhe zpi guy, and they were actually mounted backwards!
Old 08-19-2007, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
Originally Posted by Scott8
When you mean wrong MAF, was it cut wrong on the pipe?
He's got an '07 and they sent him the intake for an '06 which are different.
my kit had the intake pipe welded by thhe zpi guy, and they were actually mounted backwards!
Poor quality control, or someone was hung over that day
Old 08-19-2007, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if there were videos of working zpi kits and videos of when some of them break (and a video of each time it broke) down), which do you think would have the most videos?????

ding ding ding, times up....

the broke ones.