Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

ZPI kit owners out there????

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 12:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
It's not that hard to have your OWN oil pan tapped. Take it to a shop, maybe cost you like $20 bucks at most or something.
I agree. Tapping the oil pan isn't hard at all.. The hard part is getting the oil pan off and re-installing it so it doesn't leak.

A local place wants $100 to take it off, tap it and reinstall it.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i look and drool at the turbo kits on the zpi site all the time. i have never seen it list a pre-tapped oil pan on the list of parts. it lists that it includes the parts you need to tap YOUR oem oil pan (oil pan fittings for oil return). you can order a pre-tapped oil pan for $175 from thier diy turbo section though. (wow, they like re-vamped the site alittle! nice)

and to that guy who said no zpi stage 0 kit because of an oil pan? why don't you go get your self that amazingly more expensive, unreliable, under performing supercharger that a majority of us love to hate. that should teach you to appreciate zpi.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
i look and drool at the turbo kits on the zpi site all the time. i have never seen it list a pre-tapped oil pan on the list of parts. it lists that it includes the parts you need to tap YOUR oem oil pan (oil pan fittings for oil return). you can order a pre-tapped oil pan for $175 from thier diy turbo section though. (wow, they like re-vamped the site alittle! nice)

and to that guy who said no zpi stage 0 kit because of an oil pan? why don't you go get your self that amazingly more expensive, unreliable, under performing supercharger that a majority of us love to hate. that should teach you to appreciate zpi.

OH SNAP!....

on a side note. it would seem rather illogical to bo buy a pre-tapped oil pan for $175. As the HARD part is getting off/putting back on the oil pan to begin with. So, if your going to go through the trouble ANYWAYS! You kinda waste money by buying a pre-tapped one when you can just take yours to get it done.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^ So True
Old 01-12-2007, 07:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am not sure what this is all about. If you call me I am sure we can work together and everyone will be happy.

You have to remember the amount of Scion owners we talk to everyday, this can be an oversight or a miscommunicatin. I am not sure what is going on in this situation so I will not make an excuse it could just be we messed up. We change stuff a lot based on supply I can assure you this is no "bait and switch" You bought a 4k turbo kit the $100 oil pan is minimal at best.

The biggest thing to remember is that a phone call or email is much more effective that the forums. If the person you are talking to is not getting things done call me. You may have to hold a minute but I will get to you and I will make it right. We truly value our customers but we can only do so much, when you are getting conflicting answers ask to talk to me and I will make it right.

Thanks

-Kenny
Old 01-12-2007, 08:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ damn good response from a genuinely nice guy. Call and get it all straightened out, and like Kenny said, all will be happy.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^Wow, isn't that what I've BEEN saying all along...
Old 01-12-2007, 09:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scott8
Have Kenny Call me on my cell. Sean has the number

Kenny don't call ANYBODY bro... You would have to be pretty high on the food chain to have that happen....
I'm like #1 on the food chain and I don't get calls on my cell unless Kenny needs something!!!! Hell, half the time I call the shop I can't even get him! AIM is your friend
Old 01-12-2007, 09:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by thechick_zpi

Kenny don't call ANYBODY bro... You would have to be pretty high on the food chain to have that happen....
I'm like #1 on the food chain and I don't get calls on my cell unless Kenny needs something!!!! Hell, half the time I call the shop I can't even get him! AIM is your friend

I don't know what it is......they just NEEEEEVVVERRRRR want to listen to me...
Old 01-12-2007, 09:13 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Kenny is Awesome....and if there is an issue he will fix it!!!!!! on topic... my kit came with a pre-tapped pan.... it leaked from the weld so I did my own from my old one....so my point is if it doesn't come with it....just do it yourself!
Old 01-12-2007, 10:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Kenny gave me a call yesterday

I guess Im pretty high up there
Old 01-12-2007, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

no offense on everyone at zpi and all zpi supporters here in SL... i love zpi products and as well as the people that works in zpi, but the only thing that is making me think twice on this kit (stage 0) is the price of it without the oil pan... how come you guys couldn't bring the price down (since the oilpan doesn't come anymore) while making the oil pan optional for those people who dont want to get it done on a local shop... i talked to nester the other day, and he told me that the reason why you guys dont include the oil pan anymore because it is hard to get it from toyota... i just hope that the price could go down so i could buy the oil pan from you guys as well because im planning to install it myself and this is my daily driver so i only have the weekend to install it... i hope you guys could help me out and the others who has the same situation like me that wanted this kit... help out zpi... please... THANKS...
Old 01-13-2007, 12:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Whocares05050

Kenny gave me a call yesterday

I guess Im pretty high up there

Brown Noser...
Old 01-13-2007, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by FMtC_krstnmj
no offense on everyone at zpi and all zpi supporters here in SL... i love zpi products and as well as the people that works in zpi, but the only thing that is making me think twice on this kit (stage 0) is the price of it without the oil pan... how come you guys couldn't bring the price down (since the oilpan doesn't come anymore) while making the oil pan optional for those people who dont want to get it done on a local shop... i talked to nester the other day, and he told me that the reason why you guys dont include the oil pan anymore because it is hard to get it from toyota... i just hope that the price could go down so i could buy the oil pan from you guys as well because im planning to install it myself and this is my daily driver so i only have the weekend to install it... i hope you guys could help me out and the others who has the same situation like me that wanted this kit... help out zpi... please... THANKS...

Oh brother... If you can't afford an oil pan, or your buying power is so minute that $175 dollars off the price of a $2600 dollar kit will make all the difference between buying it or not.....then I think you don't need to go boost. As you will need to spend an additional $1k-$1500 bucks AFTER you get the kit to bring the rest of your car up to par and support it....ie...gauges, fluids, tuning, installation...etc.

PS....A company still has to turn a profit somehow. The Stage 0 is practically FREE to begin with , when you factor in it's reliability and HP-to-Dollar Ratio.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

They usually tell you one thing and do another... when I was looking to boost my tC with a kit from ZPI they promised me an oil pan though they said they dont offer them anymore and I'd have to send mine back..

Don't waste your time.. if and when you ever get the kit.. just drill it and put a fitting yourself.. you have to remove the pan anyways.... it's easy..
Old 01-13-2007, 03:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is Kenny even a real person? I think he is just some guy that ZPI made up.... Has anybody ever even meet him? Ohhh is he the guy with the spikey hair... I thought he was the janitor or somthing..
Old 01-13-2007, 04:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FMtC_krstnmj
As a matter of fact, the price was in fact lowered due to the oil pan being removed. The initial Stage 0 price was $2800.00. Once the oil pan was removed the price was dropped to $2670 which compensates the missing component. Sean informed you correctly, oil pans are hard to come by, especially when you put a time and number on what you need from Scion, they can't always fill them in the time frame needed. Therefore we removed them from the kit and dropped the price. It is much easier to deal with on a one by one basis instead of one oil pan holding up an entire order and possibly frustrating a customer.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ProshopXB
Is Kenny even a real person? I think he is just some guy that ZPI made up.... Has anybody ever even meet him? Ohhh is he the guy with the spikey hair... I thought he was the janitor or somthing..

I thought he was like a "shop *****", that just hung around all the time.... Now that you say that, I think I did see him pick up a broom or two one day...
Old 01-13-2007, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by cz3ch
They usually tell you one thing and do another.... when I was looking to boost my tC with a kit from ZPI they promised me an oil pan though they said they dont offer them anymore and I'd have to send mine back..
And let me guess, you went Dezod (hence by the plug in your sig), just because you couldn't get an oil pan...

Don't waste your time.. if and when you ever get the kit.. just drill it and put a fitting yourself.. you have to remove the pan anyways.... it's easy..
Gotta love the snide remarks. A ZPI thread wouldn't be complete without at least one person trying to make negative implications.....
Old 01-13-2007, 04:52 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

They usually tell you one thing and do another.... when I was looking to boost my tC with a kit from ZPI they promised me an oil pan though they said they dont offer them anymore and I'd have to send mine back..
And let me guess, you went Dezod (hence by the plug in your sig), just because you couldn't get an oil pan...

Gotta love the snide remarks. A ZPI thread wouldn't be complete without at least one person trying to make negative implications.....
Not making snide remarks, simply stating facts as I've experienced them. I have no turbo at this moment, I'm building my own piece by piece. Drilling a pan is not difficult. I chose not to go with a bolt on/out of the box product, k thx...

Not trying to imply anything negative.. but the guy was waiting a long time for his kit and that is simply excessive.. I was telling him don't waste your time waiting on a pre-drilled pan when it's very easy to drill and put a fitment in on your own. This should not be a show stopper. In fact an oil pan should be the last of your worries if you are boosting.. anyways.. carry on...

The "plug" in my signature are for companies with whom I've completed successful business with, and I believe in their customer service.

Quick Reply: ZPI kit owners out there????