Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

ZPI kit owners out there????

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 10:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by Scott8
This thread didn't turn out the way I had intended to. I really just wanted to know who got the pan, and who didn't.

then it just went out of control.
Oh then....I got a pan with mine...LOL
Old 02-02-2007, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Just got done talking to Kenny, or the Janitor and he is sending me the pan.

So it is all working out. Figured I would keep you posted on this issue. Didn't want anyone to lose any sleep because of this
Well, I was supposed to have the items shipped to me that week of the 1-16-07. I have not received anything at all and it is going on 3 weeks.

So, they said they were going to send it out, but they haven't...

I am fed up with this "We'll send that out tomorrow" and I get nothing from them

I know the guys that have ZPI turbos will probably try to defend them like before, but I have had an incomplete turbo kit sitting in my garage for 2 months that I am itching to use. The last guy has waited 6 months before I took it over. So...I am getting really ____ed!!!!

Would anyone object that I should be a priority to get completed?
Old 02-03-2007, 06:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

uh, with that time that you wanted to get the oil pan, you could of removed the stock oil pan, get the oil pan fitting, and if you dont know how to weld, take it to a shop and get it done.....when i did the install, i removed the stock pan, and drilled for the fitting....had my friend weld it, and put a gasket goo stuff to create a seal....has had no leaks under any boost...zpi is pretty slow when it comes to shipping it out, but its all worth it in the end.....are you installing yourself?
Old 02-03-2007, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by malibuboy54
uh, with that time that you wanted to get the oil pan, you could of removed the stock oil pan, get the oil pan fitting, and if you dont know how to weld, take it to a shop and get it done.....when i did the install, i removed the stock pan, and drilled for the fitting....had my friend weld it, and put a gasket goo stuff to create a seal....has had no leaks under any boost...zpi is pretty slow when it comes to shipping it out, but its all worth it in the end.....are you installing yourself?
I know how to install the oil pan and so fourth.

I am also missing other crucial parts that they have been saying would be shipped out. I am missing the Vac Block, Emange PNP harness, Oil Pan, Nology Wires, and a Gasket. A little hard to install without those other parts.

If it was just the oil pan, I would have just gone and had it professionally tapped.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

oh damn, thought you were just missing the oil pan....damn, yeah, you're missing a little too much....hope that stuff comes soon so you can start enjoying your boost!
Old 02-04-2007, 06:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

something needs to be done!!!
Old 02-04-2007, 09:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="Scott8"]

I know the guys that have ZPI turbos will probably try to defend them like before, but I have had an incomplete turbo kit sitting in my garage for 2 months that I am itching to use. The last guy has waited 6 months before I took it over. So...I am getting really ____ed!!!!

So you are not the original purchaser of the kit? You bought it incomplete from the original buyer and now you want ZPI to send you the missing parts from the original sale? This sure sounds a tad odd to me. Shouldn't the original buyer of the kit be the one making all the phone calls and making sure you are taken care of -Either that or he owes you some money back for the missing items that you paid him for.

Hope you get everything sorted out. If you have a question on the install give us a shout.

The only advice is call ZPI and request tracing numbers for the missing items. If it's shipped then you will get a tracking number. If you can't get a tracking number then it's not shipped -end of story.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ERIC-TC
So you are not the original purchaser of the kit? You bought it incomplete from the original buyer and now you want ZPI to send you the missing parts from the original sale?
WTF?
Old 02-05-2007, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

zpi knows I bought the kit from Tom. They assured me the warranty and the parts would go to me.

2 months later the original buyer and myself are getting 'we'll send the parts out tomorrow' and kenny or sean won't call or email either of us back .

the original owener who sold it to me is awesome with trying to get the parts to get this system going. I think he wants me to get all the parts so I quit bugging the crap out of him!
ZPI is just making me want to drive down and confront them face to face and get this straightened out, or they can take the parts back and return me the $5,000 for the kit.

I would really hate to start flaming them on a lot of post, like so many others have done on this forum.

I just want my parts and I am sure I will have nothing but great things to say about the kit. I just want to get boosted
Old 02-06-2007, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

about the unsupplied oil pan
i read up on kaeon's multiple DIY
and found
Originally Posted by Kaeon
Oil Pressure

For the oil pressure sensor you are going to need a Engine Oil filter block adapter. (If you want to make it easy on yourself)

http://www.importparts.com/shop/prod...oducts_id=1641
(Please note* That this adapter didnt work out to well for me I was unable to tight in down without it coming loose, Im currently looking for a better adapter)

There are four (4) port holes 2 on the front one on each side. Choose one that best works for you.

Using your hand unscrew the port plug

And plug this end of your sensor into the port, tighten it down using a 9/16th Open head wrench. You may want to use some teflon tape on the sensor.

Perfect fit! Remember this adaptor can be used to run a oil feed line to a turbo if your car is F/I

Now your going to have to remove your cars oil filter, Time for an early oil change! Drain your oil, get yourself a new filter *Note the stock filter will not work anymore I had to use a filter from a Acura Integra its Mobil One # 104*. Place the Engine Oil filter block adapter on first using the supplied threaded bolt tighten down, Now screw on your oil filter hand tight. Hook up your sensor wire from the gauge to the back of the sensor using a O-End. (Pictured in blue). *Note you may need a 90 degree elbow to make the sensor fit depending on the mounting choice, Auto Meter sends you some with each gauge. I myself used 1 elbow and 2 extensions.
cool and neat... not sure if anyone tried this tho
im actually looking to buy a zpi stage 0 kit myself... hope i hear nothing but good things (besides from shipping problems, if any) or a TRD supercharger

hope this wasnt too off topic.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

zpi knows I bought the kit from Tom. They assured me the warranty and the parts would go to me.

2 months later the original buyer and myself are getting 'we'll send the parts out tomorrow' and kenny or sean won't call or email either of us back .

the original owener who sold it to me is awesome with trying to get the parts to get this system going. I think he wants me to get all the parts so I quit bugging the crap out of him!
ZPI is just making me want to drive down and confront them face to face and get this straightened out, or they can take the parts back and return me the $5,000 for the kit.

I would really hate to start flaming them on a lot of post, like so many others have done on this forum.

I just want my parts and I am sure I will have nothing but great things to say about the kit. I just want to get boosted

Soooo.....Tom (the original owner) never installed the kit?
Old 02-07-2007, 04:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 11thhour
and found

im actually looking to buy a zpi stage 0 kit myself... hope i hear nothing but good things (besides from shipping problems, if any) or a TRD supercharger

No way dude. That is a high pressure line, you can use it to "FEED" the turbo but you can use it as a drain into the oil pan. You will ruin stuff in a heartbeat.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Soooo.....Tom (the original owner) never installed the kit?
Tom never did. All the parts were in original packaging with the shrink wrap on it. Tom couldn't install since he was missing parts (PNP harness, vac block, gasket)
Old 02-08-2007, 10:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
Originally Posted by 11thhour
and found

No way dude. That is a high pressure line, you can use it to "FEED" the turbo but you can use it as a drain into the oil pan. You will ruin stuff in a heartbeat.
Wait I am confused you "CAN use it to Feed the turbo...but you CAN use it as a drain into the oil pan"

Sorry its the smarta$$ in me..
Old 02-08-2007, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Well, I was supposed to have the items shipped to me that week of the 1-16-07. I have not received anything at all and it is going on 3 weeks.

So, they said they were going to send it out, but they haven't...

I am fed up with this "We'll send that out tomorrow" and I get nothing from them

looks like some things will never change huu?? I thought they changed things with their business to ensure that things would get shipped a lot faster? I mean how hard is it to get a harness, gasket and a vacuum block shipped out?
Old 02-09-2007, 03:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

The issue with the PNP is that they are selling so many kits that they can't keep them in stock....

The vac block, the gasket, the oil pan you got me?
Old 02-09-2007, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

They dont supply an oil pan anymore because of toyota having a hard time getting them in stock. It isnt too hard to self tap the pan yourself, or have a local muffler shop / welder do it for you. Gaskets are easy to come by, just go to toyota and pick one up if you want the kit installed RIGHT NOW. The PNP and BLOCK? I have no idea, ill be sure to check into for you when im up @ ZPI Next week.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by Whocares05050
They dont supply an oil pan anymore because of toyota having a hard time getting them in stock. It isnt too hard to self tap the pan yourself, or have a local muffler shop / welder do it for you. Gaskets are easy to come by, just go to toyota and pick one up if you want the kit installed RIGHT NOW. The PNP and BLOCK? I have no idea, ill be sure to check into for you when im up @ ZPI Next week.
Hey while your up there could you take some pictures of my car......I kind of forgot what she looks like......
Old 02-09-2007, 10:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by j3st3r
Originally Posted by Whocares05050
Hey while your up there could you take some pictures of my car......I kind of forgot what she looks like......

Sure, No problem. Ill see what i can do. I also have to check up on the orange box as well

Old 02-10-2007, 03:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

*Update*

Got the rest of the parts and a refund check for the Plug and Play. So I have what I need to get boosted.

Quick Reply: ZPI kit owners out there????