Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

ZPI on PIPES tv Show.....*video of Episodes 1-5* ZPI on pg 7

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

YA it totaly sucks they lost that car was jacked up and it really makes me second guess getting the stage zero for my car.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It didn't play here yesterday. They had cricket or some crap on ESPN2 all day!
Old 05-27-2007, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

WARNING ZPI, Kenny Strickler, The Scion Store, and ArtisanPerformance.com
Old 05-27-2007, 05:04 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by jesterscourt
dyltone they were allowed to have previous mods done to their cars. Other vehicles on the show also had aftermarket parts.
I wasn't saying that they broke any rules, I was just saying that they were trying to be slick and it bit them.

They put some garbage tune on the car so it barely ran down the track then magically they get a 3 second boost from intake, exhaust, pulley and tires. I know the header was already on the car when they started because they couldn't hide that, but they had an upgraded and ported head, engine management, internals and a bigger bore on block. They were portraying that they were just putting a Stage 0 kit on the car, when we know they were going to push at least double stage 0 boost on that kit because of the methanol kit.

If you don't think they sandbagged the first round:
Track Times: 14.67
After Mods: 11.89
Improvement 2.78

These are 1000ft times, not 1/4 mile.
I have a time slip sitting in front of me:
05 tC
I/H/E and crank pulley
16.45 in the 1/4 @ 86.28 (Horrible wheel hop on the launch)

Would everyone here agree this is a very slow time for even a stock tC?

Well on that run, the 1000 ft time is 13.845 vs ZPI's 14.67

ZPI went almost a full second slower than that at the 1000 ft. That's almost a 17.5 second 1/4 for a tC with a header. The only way the car could be that slow is if they took timing, spark, fuel, etc out of the car.

BTW, that same tC above went 15.4 @ 88 with a better launch, the 1000 ft was 12.876 vs ZPI's 11.89 (still 1 full second slower than ZPI's new time. I will concede that slicks and weight reduction could account for most if not all of that 1 second lead. But this only proves my point.

If they had gotten away with it, people watching the show would have seen the stage 0 kit as the most amazing piece of speed equipment even though they wouldn't be able to get the same performance. They were showing portraying a lie and they looked like fools on national TV.

I, for one, am glad they beat themselves in that race. It shows that karma exists and how people reap what they sow.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

dyltone they were allowed to have previous mods done to their cars. Other vehicles on the show also had aftermarket parts.

Some don't pay that much attention...
Old 05-27-2007, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dyltone
I wasn't saying that they broke any rules, I was just saying that they were trying to be slick and it bit them.

Explain trying to be slick?
Old 05-27-2007, 05:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

They put some garbage tune on the car so it barely ran down the track then magically they get a 3 second boost from intake, exhaust, pulley and tires. I know the header was already on the car when they started because they couldn't hide that, but they had an upgraded and ported head, engine management, internals and a bigger bore on block. They were portraying that they were just putting a Stage 0 kit on the car, when we know they were going to push at least double stage 0 boost on that kit because of the methanol kit.

If you don't think they sandbagged the first round:
Track Times: 14.67
After Mods: 11.89
Improvement 2.78

These are 1000ft times, not 1/4 mile.
I have a time slip sitting in front of me:
05 tC
I/H/E and crank pulley
16.45 in the 1/4 @ 86.28 (Horrible wheel hop on the launch)

Would everyone here agree this is a very slow time for even a stock tC?

Well on that run, the 1000 ft time is 13.845 vs ZPI's 14.67

ZPI went almost a full second slower than that at the 1000 ft. That's almost a 17.5 second 1/4 for a tC with a header. The only way the car could be that slow is if they took timing, spark, fuel, etc out of the car.

BTW, that same tC above went 15.4 @ 88 with a better launch, the 1000 ft was 12.876 vs ZPI's 11.89 (still 1 full second slower than ZPI's new time. I will concede that slicks and weight reduction could account for most if not all of that 1 second lead. But this only proves my point.

If they had gotten away with it, people watching the show would have seen the stage 0 kit as the most amazing piece of speed equipment even though they wouldn't be able to get the same performance. They were showing portraying a lie and they looked like fools on national TV.

I, for one, am glad they beat themselves in that race. It shows that karma exists and how people reap what they sow.

We are not worthy of your knowledge...
Old 05-27-2007, 05:11 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by etsnet
AJ, I guess you'll never stop. Meth injection increases octane not lowering it. They may not of needed it but remember they had to prepare for the next rounds also. It's a game and they had to prepare for the future.
Where did you see me state that Meth injection lowers octane?

Originally Posted by dyltone
Also, why would they need the methanol injection? The only reason anyone runs meth is to "lower" their necessary octane for a given amount of boost. Stage Zero at 6 psi would definitely run on pump gas so maybe they were running some stupid amount of boost with no intercooler, that's where the meth comes in.
If you read what I wrote, I said it lowers the necessary octane for a given amount of boost.

if you run 300hp on 93 octane and you want 400hp, you'll need race gas or you run 93 octane plus meth injection to achieve your goal.

Anything incorrect about that statement?
Old 05-27-2007, 05:15 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
You with those "Italian Racing Gloves", that's what I mean by slick.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

AJ, I guess you'll never stop. Meth injection increases octane not lowering it. They may not of needed it but remember they had to prepare for the next rounds also. It's a game and they had to prepare for the future.

As for the engine being built or having emanage, no one said it didn't. Everyone was running stuff like that. That one mustang had a huge engine swap from a 60's muscle car.

S h i t happens to cars when you put all that stuff in there and don't have enough time to do what you need. I don't think your genius (Billet Designs) could have done that in that amount of time since it took him 8hrs to pull the tC engine.

One last thing. With the car not running right they still managed to catch them and loose by only a half car. Even the other team said if it was a 1/4 mile it would have been a different outcome.

Remember everyone you can vote to bring them back.

And to add, the RX7 that lost to a stock Civic, had a motor Swap in it as well. LS1-LS7 couldn't remember exactly. So, this whole...."OH they were trying to be sneaky and it costed them"....is about the biggest made up stuff I've heard so far... If they wanted to put a 2jz in that b!tch, nothing was stopping them from doing that. The rules of the show are not of that nature.

And here is a little Common Sense alert, just to touch on the comment about being worried about buying a Stage 0 now, or the implications that they don't know what they are doing with turbo tC's....yadda yadda yadda...

Exactly what do you think got ZPI on the PIPEStv show to begin with? Not exactly Kenny's Spiked hair... What other turbo kit company from the Scion World is in a Tuner challenge? Their skills with the tC and MANY other cars for that matter has allowed them to advance to this level of respect. Television. Don't see anyone else on TV representing the tC besides the TOP Drag companys...(i.e. Chris Rado, Lesli Durst, Kenny Tran...etc.). If you guys noticed on the previous episode, we had companies that could not install a Nitrous Setup on the 350z and that Mustang in the time given. ZPI managed to not only install a Stage 0 kit, but also a Meth/Injection kit. They were MOVIN! I know common sense is not the strong point of some of the members here... But that's what you have vets like me around for. To help point out the obvious.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

You with those "Italian Racing Gloves", that's what I mean by slick.
They are Tein Gloves that I picked up from Nopi Nationals in Atlanta for $10. I love those gloves. Thanks for the advertisement... You are my biggest fan..
Old 05-27-2007, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Where did you see me state that Meth injection lowers octane?

Originally Posted by dyltone
Also, why would they need the methanol injection? The only reason anyone runs meth is to "lower" their necessary octane for a given amount of boost. Stage Zero at 6 psi would definitely run on pump gas so maybe they were running some stupid amount of boost with no intercooler, that's where the meth comes in.
If you read what I wrote, I said it lowers the necessary octane for a given amount of boost.

if you run 300hp on 93 octane and you want 400hp, you'll need race gas or you run 93 octane plus meth injection to achieve your goal.

Anything incorrect about that statement?

93 octane + meth injection is as equalvalent to running race gas.

PS...don't think I need to tell you how much octane Race gas is...or do I? Also to mention, if I was running 10lbs and then added meth injection, you turn UP the boost. Probably run 14lbs then. Add meth and turn up the boost not run the same boost (although you can).
Old 05-27-2007, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Get in line people and place your votes to bring back the killer tC. Want to see it run ***** out!
Old 05-27-2007, 06:01 PM
Banned
SL Member

PS...don't think I need to tell you how much octane Race gas is...or do I? Also to mention, if I was running 10lbs and then added meth injection, you turn UP the boost. Probably run 14lbs then. Add meth and turn up the boost not run the same boost (although you can).
THAT'S WHAT I FREAKING SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My god, can you read English? I was very clear both times, why do I have to keep re-explaining the same concept over and over again.

Question:
Why would ZPI run meth on a stage 0?
Answer:
Because they were running at a much higher boost than 6.

Period, end of story.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Old 05-27-2007, 06:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Old 05-28-2007, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

THAT'S WHAT I FREAKING SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My god, can you read English? I was very clear both times, why do I have to keep re-explaining the same concept over and over again.

Question:
Why would ZPI run meth on a stage 0?
Answer:
Because they were running at a much higher boost than 6.

Period, end of story.

If that's what you said, then why are people correcting you.. Oh, sorry I almost forgot, Dyltone is greater than ALL... Thanks for your great and vast knowledge that you contribute to ScionLife.

Maybe I should change the thread title to Dyltone on PIPEStv show...... I mean I only WISH to be as good as you.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

No one was trying to be slick. Everyone played the game the same except maybe those mustang guys that bought the shift **** (they seemed like they were happy just to be on tv). Everyone raced each others cars down the track. No one was running an off the lot car with an off the lot tune. They even said in the past shows it didn't matter as long as the car was street legal.

You're just trying to pick at everything cuz you raced your car 15times in one night turned up the boost without getting retuned and blew your motor. When you wanted ZPI to pay for all of it and all they offered was to buy you pistons you got ____ed. Should I go into the rest of the story too that's never been talked about?

Look, you're a nice in person and I've enjoyed talking to you about cars but you can be an a$$ online. It's getting old. No one but you is gonna admit that ZPI screwed your car up not even if you agree that Whocares (Mike's) car is nice. If you were truly ____ed you would have said something two years ago when it happened. Stop with the BS in every post before you get kicked off. Can't we all just get a long? So what if rhythmnsmoke wants to help people with their orders. You say it's none of his business but is that any of yours or is this any of mine? Just chill out and we can all be buddies and talk about cars.

Vote ZPI to comeback.

And from my understanding, all he needed was Pistons anyway.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:50 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Whocares05050
OMG! that manifold is so sexy. But why you trying to let the cat out the bag? lol, im sure kenny wants to show everyone the finished product.
he already has. its on there website. i just wanna know when is he gonna put in a radiator???
Old 05-28-2007, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Brett
Originally Posted by Whocares05050
OMG! that manifold is so sexy. But why you trying to let the cat out the bag? lol, im sure kenny wants to show everyone the finished product.
he already has. its on there website. i just wanna know when is he gonna put in a radiator???

They aren't.

Quick Reply: ZPI on PIPES tv Show.....*video of Episodes 1-5* ZPI on pg 7