Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

ZPI on PIPES tv Show.....*video of Episodes 1-5* ZPI on pg 7

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 12:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

something is not adding up. i'm not saying the reasons are b.s just that something is not adding up. knock sensors nothing more than a piezoelectric crystal and are tuned to pick up a hz in a certain range. on some cars you can beat the engine with a hammer and it won't pull timing cause it's out of the freq. range. i don't see how a clutch could cause timing to be yanked. all i saw from the show is the the engine had a ton of smoke coming from the central area and the overflow puke. the coolant looked like milkshake and too me i was thinking BHG. i wasn't there so i can say for sure, but here is what i do know. A bhg will cause the overflow to puke, will cause timing to be pulled, and will cause driveabilty issues.

here is another option, the belt broke and the motor got hot. an overheated engine will pull timing and cause also cause internal damamge. like i said i wasn;t there. i'm forming my own opinions just by what i saw on t.v. i was pulling for zpi and it's sucks the motor took a crap.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by malloynx
something is not adding up. i'm not saying the reasons are b.s just that something is not adding up. knock sensors nothing more than a piezoelectric crystal and are tuned to pick up a hz in a certain range. on some cars you can beat the engine with a hammer and it won't pull timing cause it's out of the freq. range. i don't see how a clutch could cause timing to be yanked. all i saw from the show is the the engine had a ton of smoke coming from the central area and the overflow puke. the coolant looked like milkshake and too me i was thinking BHG. i wasn't there so i can say for sure, but here is what i do know. A bhg will cause the overflow to puke, will cause timing to be pulled, and will cause driveabilty issues.

here is another option, the belt broke and the motor got hot. an overheated engine will pull timing and cause also cause internal damamge. like i said i wasn;t there. i'm forming my own opinions just by what i saw on t.v. i was pulling for zpi and it's sucks the motor took a crap.

Now THIS is a proper way to express ideas about what could have possibly gone wrong.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:09 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Coming from the same guy who said Methanol injection lowers your octane... Need I say more?
Quote me... Please go back and find where I said that. When you find it, please read it again, then ask your girlfriend to explain it to you. Stupidity is something you love showing off, isn't it.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:20 AM
Banned
SL Member

Now THIS is a proper way to express ideas about what could have possibly gone wrong.
He said the exact same thing I did!! Nothing different. Which one of 1, 2, or 3 is incorrect?
1. The serpentine belt blew off.
2. There was smoke coming from the turbo area of the engine bay.
3. There was some fuel/management problem that caused the car not to rev passed 4800 RPM.

These were my guesses, and they are valid ones.
Guess #1 Blown Turbo Seal
Guess #2 Leaking Injector
Guess #3 Internal Engine Damage/Head Gasket

He says Blown Head Gasket, you say OK, I say it, I'm acting like I was there.
You're just being a hugger.

If kenny tells you that the headlight fluid was low and caused the knock, which caused the timing to get pulled, you'd come on SL and scream it from the mountains because Moses has spoken the word of God.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

smoke was do to the cooling issue,

from their tuning it threw the knock sensor, ____ed up the ecu and wouldn't let it rev over 5k

1 and 2 are related.

and lol at the headlight fluid comment
Old 05-30-2007, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lmao @ this entire thread
Old 05-30-2007, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah its pretty out of control
Old 05-30-2007, 05:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

happy b day nebster, lol

didnt get a chance to see it, anyone youtube it yet??
Old 05-30-2007, 05:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it wouldn't let me upload it to google video, and photbucket limits it to 5 min, even though I got the whole episode to compress down to like 15mb!
to lazy to cut it up and post all seperate clips.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

dang!! i want to see it, email it to me
Old 05-30-2007, 05:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

what about youtube?
Old 05-30-2007, 05:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pm me your email address and I'll send you the compressed one. you can do whatever you want with it.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dyltone
Coming from the same guy who said Methanol injection lowers your octane... Need I say more?
Quote me... Please go back and find where I said that. When you find it, please read it again, then ask your girlfriend to explain it to you. Stupidity is something you love showing off, isn't it.

Why don't you quote yourself....

And for only 3 payments of $89.95, maybe I can have her provide email consultation to you on how to maintain your car so you don't blow it up a second time.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

He said the exact same thing I did!! Nothing different.

The above are facts, anything else are just guesses.

i wasn't there so i can say for sure, but here is what i do know. A bhg will cause the overflow to puke, will cause timing to be pulled, and will cause driveabilty issues. like i said i wasn;t there. i'm forming my own opinions just by what i saw on t.v. i was pulling for zpi and it's sucks the motor took a crap.

You sound like in your post...."Whatever I say is the Gospel truth".
Old 05-30-2007, 03:37 PM
Banned
SL Member

And for only 3 payments of $89.95, maybe I can have her provide email consultation to you on how to maintain your car so you don't blow it up a second time.
I knew you wouldn't have the guts to quote me, and now everyone else knows it too. I didn't think you would quote me and PROVE yourself wrong.

As for you giving me advise about my car, I wouldn't take advise from you on how to spell car, let alone anything to do with my car.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I knew you wouldn't have the guts to quote me, and now everyone else knows it too. I didn't think you would quote me and PROVE yourself wrong.

As for you giving me advise about my car, I wouldn't take advise from you on how to spell car, let alone anything to do with my car.

I'm sorry, that's just too funny..
Old 05-30-2007, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm sorry. This is getting old, and I can't find where to STOP watching a post. Plus, ZPI isn't even on the show any more. Do you think it's time to lock this thread?
Old 05-30-2007, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Also, why would they need the methanol injection? The only reason anyone runs meth is to "lower" their necessary octane for a given amount of boost. Stage Zero at 6 psi would definitely run on pump gas so maybe they were running some stupid amount of boost with no intercooler, that's where the meth comes in.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
I'm sorry. This is getting old, and I can't find where to STOP watching a post. Plus, ZPI isn't even on the show any more. Do you think it's time to lock this thread?

That's why we are hitting up the voting count to get the beast back on the show.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just voted a few times for them! Atleast the team that won are true enthusiasts and won with dignity. Hoping the tC will be back and show the competition what its capapble of!

Quick Reply: ZPI on PIPES tv Show.....*video of Episodes 1-5* ZPI on pg 7