Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

ZPI on PIPES tv Show.....*video of Episodes 1-5* ZPI on pg 7

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Whocares05050
Originally Posted by Dyltone
Also, why would they need the methanol injection? The only reason anyone runs meth is to "lower" their necessary octane for a given amount of boost. Stage Zero at 6 psi would definitely run on pump gas so maybe they were running some stupid amount of boost with no intercooler, that's where the meth comes in.
ha
Old 05-30-2007, 06:14 PM
Banned
SL Member

Also, why would they need the methanol injection? The only reason anyone runs meth is to "lower" their necessary octane for a given amount of boost. Stage Zero at 6 psi would definitely run on pump gas so maybe they were running some stupid amount of boost with no intercooler, that's where the meth comes in.
And your point is...? Please tell me where I said that is lowers your octane. IT LOWERS THE "NECESSARY" OCTANE which is EXACTLY WHAT IT DOES.

I'm sorry you guys don't speak or understand English, is there another language you would prefer?
Old 05-30-2007, 06:17 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by nebster
ha
ha what???? You guys are freakin' killing me!!! READ!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-30-2007, 06:22 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by etsnet
AJ, I guess you'll never stop. Meth injection increases octane not lowering it. They may not of needed it but remember they had to prepare for the next rounds also. It's a game and they had to prepare for the future.
Where did you see me state that Meth injection lowers octane?

Originally Posted by dyltone
If you read what I wrote, I said it lowers the necessary octane for a given amount of boost.

if you run 300hp on 93 octane and you want 400hp, you'll need race gas or you run 93 octane plus meth injection to achieve your goal.

Anything incorrect about that statement?
if you read ALL of what he says, you'll see that he is simply saying that with meth injection, you can run a lower octane fuel. mabey if it was worded different you could understand it a little better.

(The only reason anyone runs meth is to "lower" their necessary octane for a given amount of boost).

translation=its not necessary to run 100 octane. you can run a lower octane fuel, if using meth injection.

i hope this helps clear up any confusion. i know aj can ____ alot of people off. but hes not that stupid.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Moving along....

I wish the Pipes Voting actually had a percentage indication of how the voting is going. So we can see who is winning.

LOL....Hope FL does not screw up the voting count...
Old 05-30-2007, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Brett
AJ, I guess you'll never stop. Meth injection increases octane not lowering it. They may not of needed it but remember they had to prepare for the next rounds also. It's a game and they had to prepare for the future.

If you read what I wrote, I said it lowers the necessary octane for a given amount of boost.

if you run 300hp on 93 octane and you want 400hp, you'll need race gas or you run 93 octane plus meth injection to achieve your goal.

if you read ALL of what he says, you'll see that he is simply saying that with meth injection, you can run a lower octane fuel. mabey if it was worded different you could understand it a little better.

(The only reason anyone runs meth is to "lower" their necessary octane for a given amount of boost).

translation=its not necessary to run 100 octane. you can run a lower octane fuel, if using meth injection.

i hope this helps clear up any confusion. i know aj can ____ alot of people off. but hes not that stupid.

You would have to spray meth the whole time if that was the case and people used it that way. Which I have never heard of anyone using it just for the sake of using lower grade octane. That would be a waste of money to use it for that purpose.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:28 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Moving along....

I wish the Pipes Voting actually had a percentage indication of how the voting is going. So we can see who is winning.

seeing how kenny canged the car alot since losing. i dont think hes expecting to be back. i know i wouldnt want to talk to that host again in my life if i ever met him. he has the dumest haircut i think i have ever seen. just looking at that guy ____es me off.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Moving along....

seeing how kenny canged the car alot since losing. i dont think hes expecting to be back. i know i wouldnt have to talk to that host again in my life if i ever met him. he has the dumest haircut i think i have ever seen. just looking at that guy ____es me off.

Oh dude....I think the first Post I made about the show after watching it was something along the lines of they should get rid of him. I didn't like him from the first episode...
Old 05-30-2007, 06:30 PM
SL Member

whats with the whistling travis?
Old 05-30-2007, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

whats with the whistling travis?
*edit* re-read
Old 05-30-2007, 06:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Moving along....

seeing how kenny canged the car alot since losing. i dont think hes expecting to be back. i know i wouldnt have to talk to that host again in my life if i ever met him. he has the dumest haircut i think i have ever seen. just looking at that guy ____es me off.

Oh dude....I think the first Post I made about the show after watching it was something along the lines of they should get rid of him. I didn't like him from the first episode...
You can read the hosts bio's on Pipestv.com. The guy has some engineering degree from the Navy and he's a drag car driver. He is a tad annoying though. But that blonde chic is def. pleasant on my eyes. Have you seen her...um...butt!!!! GD I liiiiiiiiiike!
Old 05-30-2007, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by jrodTc
Moving along....

You can read the hosts bio's on Pipestv.com. The guy has some engineering degree from the Navy and he's a drag car driver. He is a tad annoying though. But that blonde chic is def. pleasant on my eyes. Have you seen her...um...butt!!!! GD I liiiiiiiiiike!

Dude I would suck....umm..never mind..

And you said it all. He is an engineer...So that explains EVERYTHING about him. I can be more tollerant of him now that you said that, because it's his nature and he means no harm.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Moving along....

Dude I would suck....umm..never mind..

And you said it all. He is an engineer...So that explains EVERYTHING about him. I can be more tollerant of him now that you said that, because it's his nature and he means no harm.

Ummmm, damn, just thinking bout that ___ of hers!!! JEEEBUS! K, i'm done.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

jrodTc is an A$$ MAN!!!

Can I get a HELL YEAH!!!
Old 05-30-2007, 06:45 PM
SL Member

You would have to spray meth the whole time if that was the case and people used it that way. Which I have never heard of anyone using it just for the sake of using lower grade octane. That would be a waste of money to use it for that purpose.
ok travis. im not a good typer but please bear with me.

w/m injection is only sprayed at a pre-set boost level. (i.e. i set my boost controler at 15psi, and set my w/m at 8 psi.) it is usually sparyed at WOT when your above said boost level. it is not sprayed "the whole time". what it does is, through the process of evaparation, cool the charge air temp. it has no affect on the fuel. all it does is allow more boost to be safely run on the same octane fuel. the only thing that canges your fuels octane rating is fuel additeves that are sold in little jugs. with w/m injection your fuel octane stays constant. you are just able to run a lower octane fuel with w/m injection, because of the cooling factor.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

jrodTc is an A$$ MAN!!!
No lyin there!! THAT I AM!!! You can't tell me you don't like a nice juicy booty?!? Nothing like it in the world! Man, I could send you a couple pics of this one chick I used to date. All i got to say is APPLE BOTTOM to the fullest!
Old 05-30-2007, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

w/m injection is only sprayed at a pre-set boost level. (i.e. i set my boost controler at 15psi, and set my w/m at 8 psi.) it is usually sparyed at WOT when your above said boost level. it is not sprayed "the whole time". what it does is, through the process of evaparation, cool the charge air temp. it has no affect on the fuel. all it does is allow more boost to be safely run on the same octane fuel. the only thing that canges your fuels octane rating is fuel additeves that are sold in little jugs. with w/m injection your fuel octane stays constant. you are just able to run a lower octane fuel with w/m injection, because of the cooling factor.

I am completely well aware of how Meth injection works. I was planning on having my setup spray from 10 up to 14 PSI. However, be it as it may....I have NEVER came across any car nut/racer that uses Meth injection for the purpose of running lower octane in his tank. I don't know anyone who bought a meth kit, and now puts 87 octane in the tank and no longer 91-93+. A meth kit is like $500 bucks. Again, I have YET to see it used as the way AJ tried to describe it.

When I said you would practically spray the whole time, I was speaking along the lines of you running 87 octane (Being unsafe on a non-factory turboed car), to make up for "cheapness" in not buying 91-93+. I would not and have not seen Meth used in that fashion. When they add meth....They mean to go fast on it, not save a few dollars at the pump.

Meth addition + 93 = Higher Ocatne = Safer to run Higher boost = Go Faster, which is why his post looked stupid with the way he tried to describe it.

But anyhow, water under the bridge, and on to the topic at hand.....

The Female host is not someone you would kick out of bed...
Old 05-30-2007, 06:57 PM
SL Member

I am completely well aware of how Meth injection works. I was planning on having my setup spray from 10 up to 14 PSI. However, be it as it may....I have NEVER came across any car nut/racer that uses Meth injection for the purpose of running lower octane in his tank. I don't know anyone who bought a meth kit, and now puts 87 octane in the tank and no longer 91-93+. A meth kit is like $500 bucks. Again, I have YET to see it used as the way AJ tried to describe it.

When I said you would practically spray the whole time, I was speaking along the lines of you running 87 octane (Being unsafe on a non-factory turboed car), to make up for "cheapness" in not buying 91-93+. I would not and have not seen Meth used in that fashion. When they add meth....They mean to go fast on it, not save a few dollars at the pump.
i am refering to using 100 octane unleaded, rather than 116 leaded. anyways the point i was trying to make is that dyltone, eventhough hes hated here, was missunderstood. his quote was read out of context. so lets all put our guns away, and get back to talking about the pipes disaster.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

jrodTc is an A$$ MAN!!!
No lyin there!! THAT I AM!!! You can't tell me you don't like a nice juicy booty?!? Nothing like it in the world! Man, I could send you a couple pics of this one chick I used to date. All i got to say is APPLE BOTTOM to the fullest!

Just because I'm black....Does not Mean I like women with a little junk in the trunk...

No No...I LOVE girls with junk in their trunk! Nothing like slappin it just to see it wave back atcha..

Apple bottom huh....You sure? Cause I got standards dog... Can you sit a can on it and have it not fall off?
Old 05-30-2007, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

i am refering to using 100 octane unleaded, rather than 116 leaded. anyways the point i was trying to make is that dyltone, eventhough hes hated here, was missunderstood. his quote was read out of context. so lets all put our guns away, and get back to talking about the pipes disaster.

Trying to brotha...trying to.

Get Your Votes on People at PipesTV.com The name is under Fox Marketing of course. If they don't get the vote count so be it. I'm sure it won't be the last time a ZPI car is on TV..

Quick Reply: ZPI on PIPES tv Show.....*video of Episodes 1-5* ZPI on pg 7