Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

ZPI Stage 0 install **Pics 5/9** 56k get some robertos!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 02:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dyltone
And I'm not talking solely about the stage 0 cars. I think your car on 14 PSI will lose to a stock EVO.

I'll pay for your gas if you beat him.

i love how everyone has a friend that would beat me. I dont need to drive down to prove something i already know. Travis has even beaten an EVO by 2 cars. You are in fantasy land my friend.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:42 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
From that Site you guys posted

2003 Lancer Evolution

lightly tuned S-AFC
AVC-R set @ 1.50 bar
cat remove

2003 Lancer Evo 8 GSR

Forge UNOS mbc, MR BOV

2005 Lancer Evolution

safcII, HKS mega flow intake, turbo xs intercooler, Manual Boost controler, Stock exhaust.

Yeah, I'm sure all that stuff costed these boys LESS than $100 bucks. I would like to know where they get their parts at, cause I need to check on some things for the tC at these prices...
i like how you post up the worst times u can find
Old 05-13-2007, 02:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Seriously, I'm not going to argue this anymore. Tell assclown to come down here (45 minute ride) tonight and I'll video him (at 14psi getting rapped by bus lengths all night long.

I'm not playing any more. PUT UP OR SHUT UP!!! I know he'll never shut up, but if I call him out and he doesn't show up I guess that shows how confident he is.

Didn't feel like doing this.....but DAMN sometimes you don't know when to put your foot in your mouth.

Evo 9 MR vs Me on 9 PSI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwYmNffjeHY
Old 05-13-2007, 02:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Seriously, I'm not going to argue this anymore. Tell assclown to come down here (45 minute ride) tonight and I'll video him (at 14psi getting rapped by bus lengths all night long.

I'm not playing any more. PUT UP OR SHUT UP!!! I know he'll never shut up, but if I call him out and he doesn't show up I guess that shows how confident he is.
You know for the " assclown " that i am, you sure do alot of talking your slef.

I dont know if it was you, or ZPI that blew up your car. you tell me. The kinda racing you did i wouldnt be suprised.

bump.. So Dyltone, how is the car running? Have you had to break out the wrench any thus far? And how many miles have you put on the turbo?
Put 1024 miles getting back home and about 500 miles since I've been back. The trip home was uneventful (mechanically and race-wise).

I've raced the car more times than I'd like to admit, but it seems with the FMIC showing, everyone is interested in a little bit :D

Friday night went out for a ride and called out an Evo VIII that was minding his own business at a gas station. Bad move... Got rolled real bad... Found out later that the Evo has about 5k in mods done so I don't feel completely bad, just wish that wasn't the first car I raced :D

Saturday raced an older (94ish) Supra (Naturally aspirated) and rolled him up really bad.

Sunday night I went to the local race meet and got a race with a local race shops STI. Raced 3 times.
1st race was from 2nd gear roll (about 40 mph) and I pulled about a car to about 100.
2nd race was from a dig. God that thing worked me out of the hole, but he missed 3rd and I passed him. If he didn't miss, I would have lost pretty bad.
3rd race was from 3rd gear roll (about 3000 rpms) and I pulled about 2 - 3 cars on him by 120.

Later that night I raced an SRT-4 with solid motor mounts and a wastegate actuator running 17 - 18 PSI and we were pretty even from 3rd gear rolls.

Right before going home, I ran a sleeper motor swapped big assed turbo'd hatchback Honda. I beat him from 2nd gear roll but lost from 3rd gear roll. Both races to about 110.

Monday night raced a Celica with head work and 75 shot of NOS. He ran out of juice right before he raced me so I beat him pretty badly and I had 3 people in my car ;)

Raced that same SRT-4 again a few times, he beat me from a 2nd gear roll and we were pretty even from the same 3rd gear roll.

I'll tell you that this car is LOUD, so loud that the SRT that I raced couldn't hear his own motor over mine when we were side by side at WOT. I'm going to look in to putting a resonator or something on the wastegate pipe to quiet it down a bit.

All these races were at .66 bar which equals 9.6 PSI. I just bumped up the boost controller to .69 (10 PSI) but haven't raced anyone (except that poor RS 1.0) :D

I'm pretty impressed with the car so far, but I can say that I really was hoping to roll up some SRT-4's but it appears that they are (with a few hundred dollars in mods) still going to be as fast or faster than my car.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Brett
From that Site you guys posted

2003 Lancer Evolution

lightly tuned S-AFC
AVC-R set @ 1.50 bar
cat remove

2003 Lancer Evo 8 GSR

Forge UNOS mbc, MR BOV

2005 Lancer Evolution

safcII, HKS mega flow intake, turbo xs intercooler, Manual Boost controler, Stock exhaust.

Yeah, I'm sure all that stuff costed these boys LESS than $100 bucks. I would like to know where they get their parts at, cause I need to check on some things for the tC at these prices...
i like how you post up the worst times u can find

No, I posted the ones he said would run 12.1 with $100 bucks in mods. Those mods cost MORE than $100 bucks. He talking about a Stock Evo Rapping a Stage 1...
Old 05-13-2007, 02:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

What I forgot to post up was the Trap Speeds of those I copied and pasted.

14.011 96.90mph
2003 Lancer Evolution

lightly tuned S-AFC
AVC-R set @ 1.50 bar
cat remove

13.755 99.3mph
2003 Lancer Evo 8 GSR

Forge UNOS mbc, MR BOV

13.685 100.21mph
2005 Lancer Evolution

I trapped 108 on just 10 PSI. Which equates to Rapped Evo's on the interstate.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Here is one a little more comparable to a Stage 1 from a roll.

13.148 109.17mph
2003 Lancer Evolution

SAFC
TT Mail-In Flash
3" Turbo back
Intake
EBC @20psi
AMS FMIC
HKS 264 I/E Cams

I'm sure those HKS I/E Cams ran ohhhh....about $10 bucks at most...
Old 05-13-2007, 02:54 PM
Banned
SL Member

What's the matter ASSCLOWN, Chicken?

I'll set you up against any car you want. Prove your **** is fast or STFU already!

Come down... I'll race you with MY vehicle. I'll race you on 1 wheel and skip any two gears you pick.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:54 PM
SL Member

13.148 109.17mph
2003 Lancer Evolution

SAFC
TT Mail-In Flash
3" Turbo back
Intake
EBC @20psi
AMS FMIC
HKS 264 I/E Cams

3" exhaust, 16psi boost, k&n pod filter

12.437 @ 110.29
Old 05-13-2007, 03:01 PM
SL Member

btw bcnu_702, sorry for jacking your thread so badlly i just realized it.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

What's the matter ASSCLOWN, Chicken?

I'll set you up against any car you want. Prove your **** is fast or STFU already!

Come down... I'll race you with MY vehicle. I'll race you on 1 wheel and skip any two gears you pick.

I dont jack threads telling everyone how fast my car is, nor do i care if you have a bike that goes 200 MPH. You are a joke.

Your the one needing to STFU already, your annoying. no one cares about how fast your car is going to be. put the engine in your tC, and prove that YOUR car is quick. ASSCLOWN
Old 05-13-2007, 03:05 PM
Banned
SL Member

No, I posted the ones he said would run 12.1 with $100 bucks in mods. Those mods cost MORE than $100 bucks. He talking about a Stock Evo Rapping a Stage 1...
The mods I'm talking about are a re-flash (free) and a map clamp ($100 installed).

Also, there is no performance difference (speed wise) between an Evo 9 and an Evo 9 MR as you stated.

All four models are available in the US. All models use the same 286 hp (213 kW) engine. All models use a front and rear Limited Slip Differential, and an Active Center Differential.

* Standard - revised 5-speed, standard model
* RS - revised 5-speed, aluminum roof, gauge pack, minimal interior
* SE - Special Edition, aluminum roof/hood, split seven-spoke forged aluminum BBS wheels in "diamond black" finish, HID headlights with integrated fog lights, red-stitched Recaro seats
* MR - 6-speed, Bilstein monotube shocks, split seven-spoke forged aluminum BBS wheels, aluminum roof, gauge pack, HID headlights with integrated fog lights, vortex generator, and custom MR badging.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

The mods I'm talking about are a re-flash (free) and a map clamp ($100 installed).

Also, there is no performance difference (speed wise) between an Evo 9 and an Evo 9 MR as you stated.

All four models are available in the US. All models use the same 286 hp (213 kW) engine. All models use a front and rear Limited Slip Differential, and an Active Center Differential.

* Standard - revised 5-speed, standard model
* RS - revised 5-speed, aluminum roof, gauge pack, minimal interior
* SE - Special Edition, aluminum roof/hood, split seven-spoke forged aluminum BBS wheels in "diamond black" finish, HID headlights with integrated fog lights, red-stitched Recaro seats
* MR - 6-speed, Bilstein monotube shocks, split seven-spoke forged aluminum BBS wheels, aluminum roof, gauge pack, HID headlights with integrated fog lights, vortex generator, and custom MR badging.

Evo 9 (5 speed) and Evo 9 MR (6 speed)....Yeah, I'm sure there won't be ANY speed, gearing difference what so ever. HP ain't all it takes to make a car faster than another. It's called Gear Ratios.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:15 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by Whocares05050

I dont jack threads telling everyone how fast my car is, nor do i care if you have a bike that goes 200 MPH. You are a joke.

Your the one needing to STFU already, your annoying. no one cares about how fast your car is going to be. put the engine in your tC, and prove that YOUR car is quick. ASSCLOWN
I don't believe I said anything about my car at all in the past month or two. I merely was giving you the opportunity to prove to the ScionLife community that your car is indeed as fast as you state by setting up a race of you against a stock Evo. If you have ANY integrity, you'll accept the challenge and show up. If you don't show up, which I know you won't, then this tells me exactly the kind of person you are.

Now I will talk about my car for a second. When my car is done, I will drive to Jenson Beach and follow you around (to work/school/church) until you race me. You will not be able to hide from me. When I race (and beat) your ZPI powered car, you can call Kenny to fly down and hug you while you cry. You will then realize that you aren't quite the man you thought you were and ZPI isn't the best company in the world.

At least I know if I challenged Travis, he'd show up... you... NOT SO MUCH!
Old 05-13-2007, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Brett

13.148 109.17mph
2003 Lancer Evolution

SAFC
TT Mail-In Flash
3" Turbo back
Intake
EBC @20psi
AMS FMIC
HKS 264 I/E Cams

3" exhaust, 16psi boost, k&n pod filter

12.437 @ 110.29

AWD at the drag strip from a dig = better ET's, no body is denying that. But Dly was speaking in terms of racing from a Roll. I would loose to the Evo you quoted (At 10 PSI), but I doubt it would be SUPER UBER Rappage like Dyltone is making it out to believe.

I probably would have to click it up to 12 PSI to his 16 PSI to match that MPH.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:19 PM
Banned
SL Member

Evo 9 (5 speed) and Evo 9 MR (6 speed)....Yeah, I'm sure there won't be ANY speed, gearing difference what so ever. HP ain't all it takes to make a car faster than another. It's called Gear Ratios.
Good point but I'll add one thing...

Typically in a 6 speed gear box, 4th gear is 1:1 just as a 5 speed. 5th and 6th are overdrive gears. Now because you have a taller overdrive than the 5 speed, the first 3 gears can be shorter.

I don't know the gearing in the Evo exactly, but you are probably right.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Whocares05050

I don't believe I said anything about my car at all in the past month or two. I merely was giving you the opportunity to prove to the ScionLife community that your car is indeed as fast as you state by setting up a race of you against a stock Evo. If you have ANY integrity, you'll accept the challenge and show up. If you don't show up, which I know you won't, then this tells me exactly the kind of person you are.

Now I will talk about my car for a second. When my car is done, I will drive to Jenson Beach and follow you around (to work/school/church) until you race me. You will not be able to hide from me. When I race (and beat) your ZPI powered car, you can call Kenny to fly down and hug you while you cry. You will then realize that you aren't quite the man you thought you were and ZPI isn't the best company in the world.

At least I know if I challenged Travis, he'd show up... you... NOT SO MUCH!

Mike would show up too. How about you wait till I come down in July 20-29th. Bring the Supposedly STOCK Evo, and I'll run him from a 40 roll. We will still be on the worn out Stock Scion tires, but (not sure yet, as Mike wants to hit up the track while I'm there) I probably bring the Drag Radials that are also worn out, for our night at the track.

PS.....I don't do all the driving to prove anything. You are going to have to meet me at least Half way.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:25 PM
Banned
SL Member

Where are you going to be in July?
Old 05-13-2007, 03:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Good point but I'll add one thing...

Typically in a 6 speed gear box, 4th gear is 1:1 just as a 5 speed. 5th and 6th are overdrive gears. Now because you have a taller overdrive than the 5 speed, the first 3 gears can be shorter.

I don't know the gearing in the Evo exactly, but you are probably right.

It's rated faster than the regular Evo if I remember correctly. Also, the BBS wheels relieve some unsprung weight which will also help in creating a faster car and keep the same HP level.

I'm not sure what gear the Evo 9 MR was in when I started passing him, I assume he was in 5th and I was rounding out 4th on my way to 5th.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

____ ill be in biloxi at that time, lemme get in on some racing...

Quick Reply: ZPI Stage 0 install **Pics 5/9** 56k get some robertos!