Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

ZPI Stage 0 install **Pics 5/9** 56k get some robertos!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dyltone
Where are you going to be in July?

Mainly Ocala (fiance's family lives there). She is from St. Pete, but they moved here to TN. We will be on a vacation though, so we will be all over a little. Ocala, St. Pete, Tampa, etc...

We are going to Bush Gardens as well (Mike better be ready to sit in the front seat of that ride we were talking about).

I'm bringing both the tC and the 350z down, as her family has never really seen our cars up close. When they come to visit us, the cars have always been at the shop getting something done.

OK....enough. Sorry about the thread jacking. Back to the Stage 0 progress. I understand that he is getting an Emanage in a couple of weeks. Lets get it hooked up and see what we working with. Get you a Wideband as your next mod if you don't have one. Ran a whole year without one, and didn't realize what I was missing when I got it. Man, it's a wonderful tool to tune with.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:38 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Evo 9 (5 speed) and Evo 9 MR (6 speed)....Yeah, I'm sure there won't be ANY speed, gearing difference what so ever. HP ain't all it takes to make a car faster than another. It's called Gear Ratios.
Good point but I'll add one thing...

Typically in a 6 speed gear box, 4th gear is 1:1 just as a 5 speed. 5th and 6th are overdrive gears. Now because you have a taller overdrive than the 5 speed, the first 3 gears can be shorter.

I don't know the gearing in the Evo exactly, but you are probably right.

It's rated faster than the regular Evo if I remember correctly. Also, the BBS wheels relieve some unsprung weight which will also help in creating a faster car and keep the same HP level.

I'm not sure what gear the Evo 9 MR was in when I started passing him, I assume he was in 5th and I was rounding out 4th on my way to 5th.
i watched the video. it looked like he got out in front of you at first by a couple. then you slowly crept infront of him by about a car. and then you both let off. if you guys kept going he would have probablly got out infront again. im pretty sure that an evo 9 mr has a higher top speed than 127, but i could be wrong. too bad you guys had to stop racing.(damn closed course traffic!! ) and i like the fact that you are all "profesonally trained stunt drivers"
Old 05-13-2007, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Brett
Evo 9 (5 speed) and Evo 9 MR (6 speed)....Yeah, I'm sure there won't be ANY speed, gearing difference what so ever. HP ain't all it takes to make a car faster than another. It's called Gear Ratios.
Good point but I'll add one thing...

Typically in a 6 speed gear box, 4th gear is 1:1 just as a 5 speed. 5th and 6th are overdrive gears. Now because you have a taller overdrive than the 5 speed, the first 3 gears can be shorter.

I don't know the gearing in the Evo exactly, but you are probably right.

It's rated faster than the regular Evo if I remember correctly. Also, the BBS wheels relieve some unsprung weight which will also help in creating a faster car and keep the same HP level.

I'm not sure what gear the Evo 9 MR was in when I started passing him, I assume he was in 5th and I was rounding out 4th on my way to 5th.
i watched the video. it looked like he got out in front of you at first by a couple. then you slowly crept infront of him by about a car. and then you both let off. if you guys kept going he would have probablly got out infront again. im pretty sure that an evo 9 mr has a higher top speed than 127, but i could be wrong. too bad you guys had to stop racing.(damn closed course traffic!! ) and i like the fact that you are all "profesonally trained stunt drivers"

I was out more than 1 car. 2 1/2 - 3 cars. They top out at 155mph. I like racing, but I aint stupid. I don't make a habit of racing till the vehicles top out, that's not my style. He would get the jump by about a car, and then I would pass him up top. If we kept going, he would pass me......When I hit speed limit that is......

Not sure how you race, but racing every time till your speed limit kicks in I don't think is to good for your car.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:38 PM
SL Member

Not sure how you race, but racing every time till your speed limit kicks in I don't think is to good for your car.
when i race, its on a track. and i do hit the rev limiter every time. (in 4th gear). and im pretty sure that any type of racing isnt too good for your car. also i dont really like seeing a race from a roll, cause its like driving an automatic. anyone can do it.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

so ummm... getting back to topic a little bit...

there's a user on here selling a used stage zero with a custom FMIC. I'm not looking to be a beast on the streets, i want it mainly for the show aspect (turbo's look pretty under the hood ). I have 1 problem with stage zero, and that's the lack of engine management. I just have a hard time believing that the stock ECU can control 6-7 psi efficently.

tell me i'm wrong (or should i get an emanage for security?)

also, besides a wideband/boost gauge, what else should i get? oil pressure/egt/?

how long do you think the stock clutch is going to hold up with the turbo installed? what clutch would be suitable for a stage zero car? lightweight flywheel recommended when the clutch goes in?
Old 05-13-2007, 06:05 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Neothin

there's a user on here selling a used stage zero with a custom FMIC. I'm not looking to be a beast on the streets, i want it mainly for the show aspect (turbo's look pretty under the hood ). I have 1 problem with stage zero, and that's the lack of engine management. I just have a hard time believing that the stock ECU can control 6-7 psi efficently.

also, besides a wideband/boost gauge, what else should i get? oil pressure/egt/?

how long do you think the stock clutch is going to hold up with the turbo installed? what clutch would be suitable for a stage zero car? lightweight flywheel recommended when the clutch goes in?
if you want it just to look pretty, go with someone like t-netics or greddy. if you want to boil your tires of your rims, and care more about performance. then go zpi. but if you are just deadset on having a stage 0. just get the kit and callit a day. you dont need all that other crap with the stage 0. (with the exeption of maybey a clutch)
Old 05-13-2007, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

when i race, its on a track. and i do hit the rev limiter every time. (in 4th gear). and im pretty sure that any type of racing isnt too good for your car. also i dont really like seeing a race from a roll, cause its like driving an automatic. anyone can do it.

I said Speed Limit Brett, not Rev limit... Rev Limiter, I hit all the time. There is good reason for driver error going from a roll, so it's not like an automatic.

I race on the track too, so I do both.

You know you wouldn't back down if someone came rolling up to you while you were strolling along on the interstate..
Old 05-13-2007, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

well, i'm just saying that the used kit already has polished piping/compressor housing along with black ceramic coating on the manifold/exhaust housing... so it's pretty and then being used, and a local sale, i could probably talk with the guy and get the entire kit for 2000-2500. just seems like a good deal imo
Old 05-13-2007, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

if you want it just to look pretty, go with someone like t-netics or greddy. if you want to boil your tires of your rims, and care more about performance. then go zpi. but if you are just deadset on having a stage 0. just get the kit and callit a day. you dont need all that other crap with the stage 0. (with the exeption of maybey a clutch)

+1 on what Brett said.

Also to add, if you don't plan on Wastegating all over town, then the stock clutch will last you for some time without slipping. But if you are Wastegating at every stop light, interstate on ramp...etc (As 98% of people who go turbo will do for oh...about the first 6 months after being boosted), then I would recommend at least a Stage 1 Clutch. If you are paranoid about the no-management thing, you do have the freedom to go a head and get the management.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:18 PM
SL Member

well, i'm just saying that the used kit already has polished piping/compressor housing along with black ceramic coating on the manifold/exhaust housing... so it's pretty and then being used, and a local sale, i could probably talk with the guy and get the entire kit for 2000-2500. just seems like a good deal imo
i sold my stage 1 (minus e-manage, and injectors) for 2,000 a few weeks ago. talk him down lower.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Do you have a link to the sale? if its the one I am thinking, its already sold.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

it's kaeon's

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=172032
Old 05-13-2007, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

ok, different sale then.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

but yeah, i've had my fun with boost. i come from an srt-4

i want it mostly for show anyways. I mean, the power will be nice, but i want it so i can say that i have a turbo in my car :-/

and aobut the emanage thing... i wouldn't say paranoid... but if you tell me it'll be fine without one, i'm good
Old 05-13-2007, 08:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey guys, appreciate the spirited conversation on racing. I will be getting an emanage and afr this week, so we will tune it, dyno it, and see where we end up. Of course, updates and dyno vids to come...oh yeah and a couple kill videos as well.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:20 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by bcnu_702
Hey guys, appreciate the spirited conversation on racing. I will be getting an emanage and afr this week, so we will tune it, dyno it, and see where we end up. Of course, updates and dyno vids to come...oh yeah and a couple kill videos as well.
just dont get all bloodthirsty and start tryin evos, and sti's just yet. you might bite off way more than you can chew. esecially in vegas. i heard they got some really hard cars out there. but congrats on the kit. have fun boostin, and get some vids.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bcnu_702
just dont get all bloodthirsty and start tryin evos, and sti's just yet. you might bite off way more than you can chew. esecially in vegas. i heard they got some really hard cars out there. but congrats on the kit. have fun boostin, and get some vids.
Yeah I know don't worry. Like I said, I'm a numbers guy, and I knew from the beginning a stage 0 isn't gonna keep up with an evo or sti, so its a non-issue. My buddy olahalo just brought that up as a joke.

I'm just looking forward to seeing the power out of this kit and enjoying it for a while. Vids are in the compilation process.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, killin 350z and WRX is nice too!
Anyway, it's starting to get d@mn hot in Vegas, what are your plans for a FMIC?
Old 05-13-2007, 09:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
Well, killin 350z and WRX is nice too!
Anyway, it's starting to get d@mn hot in Vegas, what are your plans for a FMIC?
I'm ordering an FMIC and going to have a shop do the custom piping for it.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:40 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by 318_tC
poop ill be in biloxi at that time, lemme get in on some racing...
like i said. hit me up if you ever come down.

Quick Reply: ZPI Stage 0 install **Pics 5/9** 56k get some robertos!