Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

ZPI Stage 0 install **Pics 5/9** 56k get some robertos!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 06:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmm, its says 04-06, but its the same on the 07right?
and that is just the pod right, not the gauges?
either way that looks kinda cool.
what do you mean under the stereo?
Old 05-16-2007, 07:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, it's all the same.
I'm replacing my stock stereo with a Kenwood Excelon KDC-X891. It will leave a gap under it, but it's not big enought for the gauges. If you look here: http://www.garage1217.com/album1_009.htm you can see that he makes carbon fiber panels that can hold the gauges under the stereo, but it looks like you have to take off the stereo door cover.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ oh, that looks nice. but isnt that, uh, "area" sorta angled to where you cant see the back? would you be able to read the gauges sitting up? and how many could you fit in there?
sorry about all the questions and thanks for the pm
Old 05-17-2007, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No. not those pics. If you scroll all the way to the bottom, you can see he has one with 3 guages directly under the stereo but above the HVAC. Doesn't matter. I talked to him and he said yes, you loose the door, and no, he can't just ship it to me. It's a custom job so I'd have to bring my car to him to do it.

Todd suggested just putting my stereo in the glove box and using that space just for my gauges. I thought about that to, but I mess with my stereo alot. That's why I got it! I'm going with the ATI EzPod.

Hey bcnu...get your AFR gauge yet? I called a couple shops about doing dynos. Silver State Motorsport by the speed way said they would give us a deal on a group of 6, but normally it's 2 pulls for $60, and they are only open mon-fri.

Pro Street Auto Performance is over by the Rio and he said for $75 I could do as many pulls as I could in an hour, so like 5. No group discount, but their open on Saturday. We should hit it up when we're all ready.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
No. not those pics. If you scroll all the way to the bottom, you can see he has one with 3 guages directly under the stereo but above the HVAC. Doesn't matter. I talked to him and he said yes, you loose the door, and no, he can't just ship it to me. It's a custom job so I'd have to bring my car to him to do it.

Todd suggested just putting my stereo in the glove box and using that space just for my gauges. I thought about that to, but I mess with my stereo alot. That's why I got it! I'm going with the ATI EzPod.

Hey bcnu...get your AFR gauge yet? I called a couple shops about doing dynos. Silver State Motorsport by the speed way said they would give us a deal on a group of 6, but normally it's 2 pulls for $60, and they are only open mon-fri.

Pro Street Auto Performance is over by the Rio and he said for $75 I could do as many pulls as I could in an hour, so like 5. No group discount, but their open on Saturday. We should hit it up when we're all ready.
Meatttyyy,

Yeah sounds great. I called them last week and I'm glad to hear they are giving us both accurate prices LOL. Pro Street is probably where I'm gonna go only because they have wayyy more experience in dynoing and tuning them Silver State. 75 bux for as many pulls in an hour is an awesome deal! Let me know when you're ready. I already ordered my afr, and I'm hoping to be getting the ultimate soon. All I need after that is my intercooler setup and I'll be ready for tune!!!!!
Old 05-17-2007, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sweet! Your getting the greedy ultimate?
Why not just get the blue? I'm not getting any manegement for awhile. I've spent enought money already! where you getting your intercooler from?
Old 05-17-2007, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sweet! Your getting the greedy ultimate?
Why not just get the blue? I'm not getting any manegement for awhile. I've spent enought money already! where you getting your intercooler from?
I was going to just get the emanage blue, but I think I have come across a "can't pass up" deal with an ultimate...so after crunching the numbers, the ultimate will be more cost effective. I am not sure where I am getting the intercooler yet, that is my current dilemna.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah. It's getting hot too!
Are you going to get bigger injectors as well? or did the ZPI kit come with them?
Old 05-17-2007, 06:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah. It's getting hot too!
Are you going to get bigger injectors as well? or did the ZPI kit come with them?
Naw for now I'm just sticking with the stock ones. They are running fine and I don't want to have to buy a new clutch sooner then expected LOL
Old 05-17-2007, 07:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know what you mean. by this time next year, I'm going to get a high flow cat welded to a custom 2.5" midpipe for smog, and i'll get a new clutch then too. I dont' know if fuel management will come before or after, but after looking the two up, i'm leaning towards the ultimate over the blue.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know what you mean. by this time next year, I'm going to get a high flow cat welded to a custom 2.5" midpipe for smog, and i'll get a new clutch then too. I dont' know if fuel management will come before or after, but after looking the two up, i'm leaning towards the ultimate over the blue.
The ultimate does more things then the blue however, the blue is still great for a good tune and much cheaper. It just depends on where you want to end up with your setup.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:45 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by bcnu_702
[
I am not sure where I am getting the intercooler yet, that is my current dilemna.
I would recommend it for sure. Keeps those charge temps down and makes it less prone to dentonation. Let me know if you want an intercooler.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Naw for now I'm just sticking with the stock injectors. They are running fine and I don't want to have to buy a new clutch sooner then expected LOL. and olaHalo is sexy
get the injectors and a tune bro; u need it.
and would having the 02 sensor from a camry on a turbo tc cause problems?
Old 05-20-2007, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by olaHalo
Naw for now I'm just sticking with the stock injectors. They are running fine and I don't want to have to buy a new clutch sooner then expected LOL. and olaHalo is sexy
get the injectors and a tune bro; u need it.
and would having the 02 sensor from a camry on a turbo tc cause problems?
The tune will definitely be happening soon. Also, the injectors I will see how the tune goes. I'm still waiting for the correct maf piping from zpi since they sent me one for an 05/06.

To reiterate what olahalo said, would an 02 sensor from an 06 camry (same 2azfe) cause problems rather then buying an 02 sensor for an 05+ tc?
Old 05-20-2007, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont think you would have a problem using the sensor from the camry.

also have you considered meth injection instead of using an intercooler? i have made up my mind and i'm going to pass on an intercooler. it would be different if this car came F.I from the factory, but it didn't.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by malloynx
i dont think you would have a problem using the sensor from the camry.

also have you considered meth injection instead of using an intercooler? i have made up my mind and i'm going to pass on an intercooler. it would be different if this car came F.I from the factory, but it didn't.
Yeah the 02 sensors are the same exact part #, I had toyota look them up, so it's not an 02 sensor problem.

Actually, I am going to go with a water/meth injection setup rather then an intercooler. I agree with you on that.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I switched out my vacuum lines (had these crappy spectre silicone ones) and put on oem vacuum lines. Feels much better and much more responsive. I am experiencing a minor oil leak from the oil return. I have isolated the problem to the point where the oil feed gasket and flange are hexed into the turbo. I will update with my findings. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated on the oil leak issue.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did i miss a post? I didn't realize you were having issues?
Is it still drivable?
Old 05-21-2007, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, it is still drivable. And no you did not miss any posts, I just posted it. I don't like to post any issues unless I have a fix for it or I can't figure out a fix for it. I tightened the oil return fitting and put the oil return line back on the fitting, and clamped it. It appears the leak may be coming from the flange/gasket area.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You said you got a new mani gasket, right?

Quick Reply: ZPI Stage 0 install **Pics 5/9** 56k get some robertos!