Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

ZPI Stage 0 Turbo: How Good Is It?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 03:53 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

lots of nice info in here!

*thread tracking device*
Old 02-14-2006, 09:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionDad
Originally Posted by THansenite
Originally Posted by ScionDad
In addition to the base kit, it really depends on what you want to do as for costs.

A boost gauge is a must have
An AFR wideband DEDICATED is very nice and runs around $300
A vacuum manifold $20
Have the exhaust manifold coated with Jet-Hot $120
EGT gauge is nice
Oil pressure
Oil temp
Copper wastegate gaskets $20
Fully synthetic oil
Premium fuel from then on
1 step colder plugs

In all, I would say an additional $500 to $1000 in addition to the turbo kit will make for a very good looking, strong and reliable ride. The gauges really help with the piece of mind to see what's going on. Clogged fuel injectors, vacuum leak, etc can really be bad to not see it happen.
What is Jet-Hot? I have never heard of that before.
Jet-Hot is a special coating that is applied to exhaust manifolds, headers, etc. This coating makes the parts look great, but more important, the coating acts as an insulator and drops the heat into the engine bay by up to 60%.

http://www.jet-hot.com/

I went with Blue which is good to 2000 degrees

Good info as usual. I also would think that the insulating effect of the Jet hot would help to keep the exhuast temp up and the gasses moving out faster. Maybe not a huge effect, but just an added potential benefit
Old 02-14-2006, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good stuff guys, i was wondering about parts post/during turbo and what it might run me etc..
Old 02-14-2006, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by engifineer
Good info as usual. I also would think that the insulating effect of the Jet hot would help to keep the exhuast temp up and the gasses moving out faster. Maybe not a huge effect, but just an added potential benefit
Excellent point (as usual ). It is supposed to add that benefit as well from what I read.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and to those that are worrying about the issues that do come up on the net most of these where all install errors that where able to be corrected over the phone. We stand behind our product and know the tC as if not better than the the next guy and are able to walk you through any issues and help resolve them. Give you a piece of mind we have shipped and delivered a lot of turbo kits for the tC far greater numbers than any other kit out there. To be honest the biggest flaw with our kit is our delayed shipping trying to stay up on all the orders. We think we have finally found a solution that will take care of this.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ZPI...you guys do rock. You know the tC in fantastic detail and it's simply amazing how much you share with this community

IMO, you can't go wrong in any way, shape or form with a ZPI turbo and their outstanding technical support.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ZPIracing
and to those that are worrying about the issues that do come up on the net most of these where all install errors that where able to be corrected over the phone. We stand behind our product and know the tC as if not better than the the next guy and are able to walk you through any issues and help resolve them. Give you a piece of mind we have shipped and delivered a lot of turbo kits for the tC far greater numbers than any other kit out there. To be honest the biggest flaw with our kit is our delayed shipping trying to stay up on all the orders. We think we have finally found a solution that will take care of this.
Glad to hear about the shipping problems being sorted out! that is my real #1 concern because when i pay for something i expect it soon, i like to know my money is well spent!