Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

ZPI Stage 1...

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ZPI Stage 1...

Wow...now I'm looking at the ZPI Stage 1 turbo. The numbers look promising, and the whole pre tuned Emanage was really appeaking to me since the nearest place for me to tune is a two hour drve to New Orleans, Louisiana. ZPI says the turbo is capable of 300HP. Which is great from a stage one, but I've heard with their pre tuned Emanage I would be lucky to see 210HP! Any truth to this??

Turbo can be seen here:
http://www.zeropointindustries.net/s...products_id=36
Old 06-09-2007, 05:12 PM
SL Member

Default Re: ZPI Stage 1...

Originally Posted by bruceg
Wow...now I'm looking at the ZPI Stage 1 turbo. The numbers look promising, and the whole pre tuned Emanage was really appeaking to me since the nearest place for me to tune is a two hour drve to New Orleans, Louisiana. ZPI says the turbo is capable of 300HP. Which is great from a stage one, but I've heard with their pre tuned Emanage I would be lucky to see 210HP! Any truth to this??

Turbo can be seen here:
http://www.zeropointindustries.net/s...products_id=36
ok dude, you need to doo alot of research. i remember your other post where you were torn between dezod, and turbo toyotas. now you are thinking about zpi. lets start off with the pre tuned e-manage. regardless of what kit you end up buying, dont think that you will be just fine with a base tune not specific to your vehicle, and location. if you do decide to boost your car you have to understand that you cant just go half a$$ and expect to be ok. you will need to spend money on suporting mods.(clutch, exaust, tires, gauges...) just to name a few. now lets move on to numbers. most people never see the amount of power on the psi advertised. this being largely in part to not having the proper suporting mods. if you retain nothing of what i just said, please remember thes words of wisdom. the most important thing a boosted tc can have is a good custom tune!!!

please feel free to pm me if you have any questions.[/b]
Old 06-09-2007, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well said brett!
Old 06-10-2007, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

i believe that the 300hp can happen, but with more boost than recommended for daily driving...the 210...is more likely a bad tune on an auto...not a manual
Old 06-10-2007, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

well with the stage 0 in a 5 spd, without a tune, i netted over 230 whp.....the stage 1 is a complete kit, but you do NEED a TUNE....the base map will probably run you on the richer side for safety, but thats not what you want for a daily driver.....from experience, if you could get the emanage ultimate, it is far superior than the blue...but thats my opinion.....
Old 06-10-2007, 02:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

we just did a stage 1 kit on my buddies and he hasnt been tuned yet. he stomps the gas and he feels some bogging, but then it clears up and roars. he needs to be tuned but i can say its pulling like my car did with factory exhaust so hes running roughly 250-260ish whp.

as far as daily driven, my tc is right at the 300whp range at 10psi and it was daily driven. soon to be again, but cant right now due to my work location. my car sits low and the parking lot is gravel with 1ft and deeper holes. so i speed my beater honda through there lol.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are either of those number, your buddies or yours, dyno numbers? Or are they your estimates? And with what manegement are both of those with? Greddy Emanage blue?