Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

zpi stage 1 kit questions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 03:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default zpi stage 1 kit questions?

ok have a 05 06 zpi stage one. and have 2 questions.

1. my is cars an 08 5speed with 53k. i know MAF is different but is there any one that is running a zpi on 07 +. and is there any other issues i need to know before the kit goes on only running the 8.5 pounds ?

2. anyone ever tuned a zpi kit on unichip?

3. and the manifold was cracked down the middle when i got it. and i had it welded back. is it most likely to crack again or should it be fine?
Old 10-25-2010, 05:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have a 05-06 kit on my 08 u just need a maf adapter....
as for unichip i tought of going that route but the dealer that came up for texas that tuned that thing didnt do it anymore. get a fic u will be happier!
Old 10-25-2010, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sofTCheese

1. my is cars an 08 5speed with 53k. i know MAF is different but is there any one that is running a zpi on 07 +. and is there any other issues i need to know before the kit goes on only running the 8.5 pounds ?

2. anyone ever tuned a zpi kit on unichip?

3. and the manifold was cracked down the middle when i got it. and i had it welded back. is it most likely to crack again or should it be fine?
im running it right now on 10psi no issues at but im running 550cc injectors n am running on f/ic

dont evern bother with that pos unichip get at least the f/ic if not ultimate n depends with zpi's manis they r hit n miss about the cracking issue mine was cracked once got it welded n never again but my boys has nvr cracked at all so its hit or miss i know that the earlier zpi manis were more prone to cracking than the later ones also do not run more than 6psi untuned or u will do damage to ur motor! g.l. though
Old 10-25-2010, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Cracked down the middle as on the flange? If so, you just messed it up. Should have researched a little before taking it to get welded as it was split in the flange on purpose to relieve pressure to actually keep the manifold From cracking.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by johnnyb305mia
im running it right now on 10psi no issues at but im running 550cc injectors n am running on f/ic

dont evern bother with that pos unichip get at least the f/ic if not ultimate n depends with zpi's manis they r hit n miss about the cracking issue mine was cracked once got it welded n never again but my boys has nvr cracked at all so its hit or miss i know that the earlier zpi manis were more prone to cracking than the later ones also do not run more than 6psi untuned or u will do damage to ur motor! g.l. though
The only ZPI kits that ran 6psi were Stage 0's. That had nothing to do with manifolds.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
The only ZPI kits that ran 6psi were Stage 0's. That had nothing to do with manifolds.
Yeah i know that travis i jus tried to give him some help if needed

SENT FROM MY DROID
Old 10-26-2010, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by speedy000
i have a 05-06 kit on my 08 u just need a maf adapter....
as for unichip i tought of going that route but the dealer that came up for texas that tuned that thing didnt do it anymore. get a fic u will be happier!
well the only reason im going with unichip is bc my buddy is sponsored by them. he has a 05 06 turbonetics kit on a 2010 . so he asked for a 07+ harness and dude from unichip said here il just send you a whole new system. so my buddy just gave me the old unichip system. so then my bud asked how much with my discount will a 07+ harness be for me. unichip dude said il just send you one. so im like holly ____ this is awesome. but it gets beter. then we asked unichip dude hey how much for a tune. he said well bc my buddies sponsored he said you get one free tune. so im bouncing off the wall by now. and i was sketchy of unichip before untill i rode in my buddies tc and its awesome only on 8.5 pounds for now till he gets his boost controller then he might try 10 or 12.

but all im looking for is 8.5 for now.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cracked down the middle as on the flange? If so, you just messed it up. Should have researched a little before taking it to get welded as it was split in the flange on purpose to relieve pressure to actually keep the manifold From cracking.
no not on the flange the actual tubbing was cracked. i plan on cutting that flange like other ppl have. i have a band saw i plan on doin that my self.

Last edited by sofTCheese; 10-26-2010 at 03:33 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Where are you from?
Old 10-26-2010, 03:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

zpi FTW im on my own zpi stage 5 lol my mani has never cracked i heated wrapped it no problems also i dont really beat on my car like that soo think that helps also. i use a 650cc injectors and wablro 255. ill use a AEM FIC over a uni____ oo i mean unichip
Old 10-26-2010, 04:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well the only reason im going with unichip is bc my buddy is sponsored by them. he has a 05 06 turbonetics kit on a 2010 . so he asked for a 07+ harness and dude from unichip said here il just send you a whole new system. so my buddy just gave me the old unichip system. so then my bud asked how much with my discount will a 07+ harness be for me. unichip dude said il just send you one. so im like holly ____ this is awesome. but it gets beter. then we asked unichip dude hey how much for a tune. he said well bc my buddies sponsored he said you get one free tune. so im bouncing off the wall by now. and i was sketchy of unichip before untill i rode in my buddies tc and its awesome only on 8.5 pounds for now till he gets his boost controller then he might try 10 or 12.

but all im looking for is 8.5 for now.
Cant argue with free

SENT FROM MY DROID
Old 10-26-2010, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Where are you from?
hahahah i was wating for that one day travis. its me kyle with the 08 silver. i bought Lewis old zpi kit. i was going to see how long it took you to figer out if it was me. thought i might as well see how long it takes him.

and i know its taken me forever to get this thing going but i had my drift car to ____ around with. and now that im selling that now im foucest on the tc.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bigG2148
zpi FTW im on my own zpi stage 5 lol my mani has never cracked i heated wrapped it no problems also i dont really beat on my car like that soo think that helps also. i use a 650cc injectors and wablro 255. ill use a AEM FIC over a uni____ oo i mean unichip
yea i plan on treating it the same not beating on it. and aem fic would be my first choice but. the unichip is all free so no arguments.

Last edited by sofTCheese; 10-27-2010 at 12:18 AM.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had a unichip also but had to go with the FIC because there wasnt any tunners that were close to me to tune it.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tcchris38
I had a unichip also but had to go with the FIC because there wasnt any tunners that were close to me to tune it.
yep the way my buddy gets it and how im going to get it done he gets his lap top hooks it up to the unichip and this all happens in the car. he gets his phone to put out a wifi signal so he can accesses the world wide web on it!! lol and then calls the dude from unichip witch he is in OREGON by the way and uses a program so the dude from unichip can use my buddies computer. then all we do is constant pull and tell the speed,rpm and air/fuel and dude from unichip types in everything. its pretty impressive.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

also got another few questions did mpg change much with the rc 550 injectors i know it changes when in boost but when in vac is it fairly the same as stock??

and on the 07+ is the intake pipe the one with the maf does that throw a check engine light bc ive been told something about how the size of the intake pipe throws code or something like that?
Old 10-27-2010, 01:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

hahahah i was wating for that one day travis. its me kyle with the 08 silver. i bought Lewis old zpi kit. i was going to see how long it took you to figer out if it was me. thought i might as well see how long it takes him.

and i know its taken me forever to get this thing going but i had my drift car to ____ around with. and now that im selling that now im foucest on the tc.

I KNEW IT! LOL...when you said your friend was sponsored by Uni-chip and then putting ZPI kit into the equation was a bit of a give away....lol. Yeah Evan was telling me how Uni-chip was hooking him up.

Man I thought you got rid of Lewis old kit. See you still holding onto it...lol.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

also got another few questions did mpg change much with the rc 550 injectors i know it changes when in boost but when in vac is it fairly the same as stock??

and on the 07+ is the intake pipe the one with the maf does that throw a check engine light bc ive been told something about how the size of the intake pipe throws code or something like that?

MPG won't be to effected and in some instances people get better mpg. Not sure what you mean my the intake pipe throwing a code. Never heard of anyone throwing a code from the intake piping size. As long as your MAF works you should be fine.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it should only throw a code if the maf is not clamped to the propper amount which i dont remember off the top of my hrad right now..mine is 2.5" all the way through n i have not on issue at all if im not mistaken mine is clammped to 4.3 but im not sure i gotta double check that the only code i throw is for a bad gas cap n the secondary 02 sensor
Old 10-29-2010, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I KNEW IT! LOL...when you said your friend was sponsored by Uni-chip and then putting ZPI kit into the equation was a bit of a give away....lol. Yeah Evan was telling me how Uni-chip was hooking him up.

Man I thought you got rid of Lewis old kit. See you still holding onto it...lol.
yep i thought u would put two and two together. and i know alot of ppl thought i sold lewis kit but it just sat in my room for like a year hahahah but finally going for it just need a compression test to make sure my rings are good to go for boost and need new gaskets and maybe a manifol bc im worried about it cracking again and need somthing for the waste gate theres a ring that goes in it i think. ive seen one on a tial before but mine dosent have one for some reason. so im debating on just buying a tial waste gate but idk il see and also travis was just wondering how did lewis spin a rod bearing i remember B saying something about his WG line had a hole or came off his WG or something in that line and just hit to high of boost? but just wondering if u know what happened?

Quick Reply: zpi stage 1 kit questions?