Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

ZPI Stage 1 Kits

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^
Old 02-19-2006, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hm I think the real answer is somewhere in the middle, some peopel are saying zpi sucks some are saying zpi is awesome. I think the stage 0 should be fixed up a bit def has some issues from what i read about it on here gaskets blowing, idling rough and so. But zpi does help a lot and they try to make everything work for you by sending new parts and lots and lots of support of installing and helping over the phone. And the wait on their ordered products isnt awesome either.

You just have to know what you are buying before you buy it. There are a few problems here and there but zpi does remain a company that has kept their word and brought us a lot of products. People have problems when they install the kit stage 0 but there are also tons of people that are happy customers.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
^^You can't get anything across to them. All they ever do is look at the little nick picky crap...

The big picture is they are a kick a$$ company, with the most tried and true turbo kit on the market. That says a lot.
what zpi products are you running on your car at the moment (stickers dont count either)
Are You serious bro? All our work gets done by ZPI.

If you must bring back up old memories of our dearly departed BCP tC, then I must state that ALL OF MY WORK THAT I CANT DO MYSELF GETS DONE BY ZPI...(which boils down to Engine, Exhaust, tuning, all will be done by ZPI) So, with that said bro, I don't have any decals (not at the moment anyway) on or BSP tC. ZPI did my suspension. And the last time I was up there Back in Dec. They installed my suspension, and my boy Clayton bought their full Cat-back system and they installed it (Not to mention he rolled me on the interstate on the way home.. )

AND on March 4th, I have an appointment for

ZPI S-pipe
ZPI Exhaust (matted to our Blitz Nur Spec)
ZPI ver.2 Crank pulley

Also will be purchasing Ingals stiffy, Clutchmasters Stage 3, and Fidanza Flywheel through WHO? Who again.....ZPI. So, don't cross swords with me sir, I have no problems drawing blood.

And if you were just asking a question and not being sarcastic then no hard feelings.

THE first time I EVER meet Kenny and Keisha from ZPI, they drove all the way from KY to meet me here in TN. They brought me a set of Tein H-techs that I ordered. They orignially were on going to go to Nopi, which would mean they would be passing through TN. The plan was that because I was going to Nopi too, that I would order the springs, and they would bring them to Nopi, and I would meet them their and just pick up the springs from them down in Atl. But because their car was not completed yet, they did not go to Nopi. SO, WHAT DID THEY DO......they made a 3 hr trip to bring me the Springs ANYWAY! AND on top of that, we went to have dinner, and just when I thought that the SHEER ACT of driving down just to bring me a set of springs was more than enough to earn a customer for life.....Kenny bought our dinner!

I'm like what the hell! What Owner of a performance shop can bring you that level of devotion? HOW many times have you EVER heard of some company's Owner/CEO driving just to meet and bring a customer a product, Buy him dinner, and then be down for a little street Race. COME ON DUDE! I'm a ZPI customer for Life Bro. RESPECT THAT!
Old 02-20-2006, 12:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Munch
^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^

And you know what you can do for me playa...
Old 02-20-2006, 12:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^

You're name should be rhythmnJOKE He said ZPI product, not Tein . Oh how quickly we get mad. It's a free country. I can laugh if I want .
Old 02-20-2006, 01:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 02-20-2006, 01:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^

You're name should be rhythmnJOKE He said ZPI product, not Tein . Oh how quickly we get mad. It's a free country. I can laugh if I want .

And you can Munch on Dog ****. I think you were deprived as a child.

I don't get angry bro...I get even. I just don't like arrogant s.o.b's like you.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^

And you can Munch on Dog ****. I think you were deprived as a child.
After you and your family are done
Old 02-20-2006, 01:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I'm ceasing fire, as this isn't our thread. So, back on topic.

A company dosen't just consist of products. They provide a service as well.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Awesome smilies
Old 02-20-2006, 01:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh man you guys are crazy........lol
Old 02-20-2006, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey rythm, they probebly took you out to dinner because of all the money your spending on labor. Crank pullys and s pipes are not rocket science. Half the fun in tuning a car doing it yourself. Clutches and flywheels I would leave to a pro, but the rest is just nuts and bolts.

However, I do agree, ZPI does have outstanding customer service.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:08 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got an appointment March 3rd, a day before you for exhaust and tuning and misc.

Of course, after I apologize to everyone at ZPI. I must say, they have been very helpful to me
Old 02-20-2006, 07:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think it is funny that after all this time, there is still certain people on here still talking sh*t about ZPI. In fact, they even tried to say that they cant wait for their turbo kits and that they cant wait. You complain about how long it is taking, and want it right now. LOL, you need to go to their shop for one day, and you will feel like a complete ___.
I have still been dealing with them even after I had to get ride of my car. You older people will remember that I was one of the first, if not the first to have the stage 0 kit on my car. Do a search if you dont know who i am. I had their exhaust, s-pipe, and would have had a lot more if i wouldnt have miss managed my money. Now I have a Del Sol. Not a bad car, but not a scion, either. I wish I could have my car back. I think about it all the time. I am going to have ZPI build me a turbo kit soon. If anyone cares, I will post how it does, the point is I am not a TC owner anymore, but i still deal with ZPI because I have not met or seen another company that would do as much as they do for their customers. Please just be patient. Watch what happeneds in the next few months. ZPI will not let you down!

-Coop-
Old 02-20-2006, 12:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by cdubber9
Hey rythm, they probebly took you out to dinner because of all the money your spending on labor. Crank pullys and s pipes are not rocket science. Half the fun in tuning a car doing it yourself. Clutches and flywheels I would leave to a pro, but the rest is just nuts and bolts.

However, I do agree, ZPI does have outstanding customer service.

I haven't spent a dime yet when they drove down to bring me the H-techs (to which I had not actually paid for yet, it was to be a COD), buy me dinner and race me. So, that's all up in the air bud.

As far as labor is concern..

By the way..I help with my own installs. How many shops you know allow you to even step foot into their garage when they are working on your car?
Old 02-20-2006, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not knockin you for going to ZPI to have your car worked on. I'm just saying me personally, I would rather do it myself, in my own garage, where I am always welcome. It saves money, you learn a thing or two, and you can take pride in something you have done yourself. To each his own I guess.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by cdubber9
I'm not knockin you for going to ZPI to have your car worked on. I'm just saying me personally, I would rather do it myself, in my own garage, where I am always welcome. It saves money, you learn a thing or two, and you can take pride in something you have done yourself. To each his own I guess.

I think I have plenty of DIY pride.....

All done by me...One man, One Mission, 3 day's work.

Old 02-20-2006, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Seriously. Some people are good at certain things. I can build an audio system and win world finals with it and I can do some limited engine work. I will always pay professionals to do my bodywork and some complicated engine work. There is nothing wrong with paying for something that you have never had an expirence with.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Travis can install his own parts, as seen above...he just really likes us, so he uses his "installs" as an excuse to come up and hang out with us. As a lot of you guys now know, when you come to zpi, you end up being our friends. Dinner, some races, and the occasional Xbox match are always a possibility around here.

As for our turbo kits, yep, the wait sucks, and we are busting our ___ trying to bring all of our products to the shelves so that they are same day shipping. We know this is an issue we know we need to work on it, trust me we are. Very soon there will be same day shipping on all ZPIracing products. We are continually on the cutting edge of the Scion market with that there is the potential issue of having items on backorder. Our loyal customers continue to support us in an unimaginable way and with this we are having trouble keeping the parts on the shelf.

We know that in business and life you will not make everyone happy. Munch and his crew are no different than Scion Speed or any of the other haters who have came on here trying to discredit us. When the smoke settles the truth always remains the same we are here. We do not disappear we release more products. We have the largest tC catalog in the country for one reason and one reason only because you the ZPI customer has seen thru all this BS and continued to support us. Being on top is hard and there is always someone who wants to bring you down so I am sure we have not seen the last of the “ZPI haters” but hey at least it makes reading the web forums fun. ;)

We sincerely appreciate all those who continue to support us. We find it truly flattering that you guys/gals are ready to pounce as soon as someone says something sarcastic. We appreciate all of the emails and IM telling us to keep up the good work. With out all the support it would be easy to say this BS is not worth it. But when you look around the top tuners in every other vehicle specific market are dealing with the same crap.

We are here for the consumer and to make parts they want, yes we do make a profit at the same time but hey something has to pay for the tires for Kenny to do burn out videos.

~keisha
Old 02-20-2006, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by thechick_zpi
Dinner, some races, and the occasional Xbox match are always a possibility around here.
Me whoopin up on Kenny in the xBox game was pay back for smokin me so bad...

But I do use the installs as an excuse to come visit and play with some boosted tC's...

Quick Reply: ZPI Stage 1 Kits