Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

ZPI Stage 1 Turbo - HERE I COME!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 01:53 PM
Banned
SL Member

MAKE SURE YOU GET IT TUNED PROFESSIONALLY BEFORE YOU BEAT ON IT AT ALL. Yes I was yelling. You have the exact amount of mileage that my car had when a bad tune and sub par kit blew up my motor.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:56 PM
Banned
SL Member

Also, in addition to what I said, get ALL THE SENSORS for the Emanage Blue at the same time the kit gets installed. Do not rely on the the stock Emanage to safely boost your car. You need the ignition sensor and the pressure sensor to properly tune your car... I don't care what ANYONE ELSE here says... You NEED additional sensors to do it properly.

Good Luck... You'll need it.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the advice, I'll make sure the place I'm getting it installed and tuned at does it right. It will be a professional tune... now can anyone answer my question as to WHAT SPARK PLUGS TO GET?
Old 04-30-2007, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chuynh207
Thanks for the advice, I'll make sure the place I'm getting it installed and tuned at does it right. It will be a professional tune... now can anyone answer my question as to WHAT SPARK PLUGS TO GET?
2 steps colder are plenty bk9's.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Car running over a Year without any EXTRA SENORS. And yes I was yelling too. Basic Emanage Blue running on the car, and has been since day one. Car has NEVER been Dyno tuned. Only Street Tuned. It's not a taboo thing as some make it out to be.

But do make sure your tuner is pretty good with the #'s.

You need a Step colder spark plug to help with idle. NGK or Denso Iridiums do the trick.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was thinking of just going all out and getting THREE STEP COLDER spark plugs, they're all the same price at Dezod and at the same time, I'll be getting the Emanage blue plug-n-play harnesses...

So no need for extra sensors? How much is it for those? If it's not much, I might as well get them just to be on the safe side... if I have to pour out an extra thousand so that my car won't blow on me, I'll do it!!
Old 04-30-2007, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I was thinking of just going all out and getting THREE STEP COLDER spark plugs, they're all the same price at Dezod and at the same time, I'll be getting the Emanage blue plug-n-play harnesses...

So no need for extra sensors? How much is it for those? If it's not much, I might as well get them just to be on the safe side... if I have to pour out an extra thousand so that my car won't blow on me, I'll do it!!

Keep your extra $1k and put it into making more HP. Like purchasing a Meth/Water injection kit or something. The extra sensor I would get (Just for more tuning would be the GReddy Pressure Sensor). Or some people opt for the Dezod Black box.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just got off the phone with my father, he said two steps colder is enough. Also, he said that a Stage 1.5 turbo can work with the stock block, provided I don't race up to like 100+mph and keep it at that speed for a long time. So I'm thinking a Stage 1.5, at 350whp-400whp with daily driving and only stepping on it "every now and then" will be alright... but then again I'm not so sure, what do you guys think?

Doesn't the FMIC work just like a meth/Water injection kit? I heard that it's not necessary to get a Meth/Water injection when you have a FMIC. And how does the Dezod black box work? Would it be better to just get that instead of the GReddy Pressure Sensor or what?
Old 04-30-2007, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^ And the list grows....LOL

FMIC + Water/Meth inject = MORE HP. They do not contradict but compliment. Cooler Air = More HP.

Don't get the Pressure Sensor if you are getting the Black box. Get either or.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh ok, that's good to know. It's cheaper to get the Pressure sensor, but what do you think would work better? Black box or pressure sensor?

And as with the Water/Meth, I'll look into it, Cuz I'm really considering upgrading to 20g and 650cc fuel injectors in a few months, if I'm not satisfied with the HP I'll have.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:06 PM
SL Member

^^^^^+1
Old 04-30-2007, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

oh ok, that's good to know. It's cheaper to get the Pressure sensor, but what do you think would work better? Black box or pressure sensor?

And as with the Water/Meth, I'll look into it, Cuz I'm really considering upgrading to 20g and 650cc fuel injectors in a few months, if I'm not satisfied with the HP I'll have.

When I'm not satisfied with the HP I'm running....I turn up the boost..

And Either or on the two boxes. Just see what your tuner will prefer to work with.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:13 PM
SL Member

one of my friends talked me out of getting water/meth. you have to run a lean tune so the water/meth can bring down the intake temp, and you can get the most horsepower. if that pump for the water/meth fails at wot, or you forget to check your resiviour, you could do alot of damage to your motor. then again if you take good care of it, you get more power.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They said that they can work with the black box and tune it. I hope they're not lying... So now I'm going to buy the plug-n-play harnesses, 2 step colder spark plugs, and black box. Anything else I should consider getting?

The guages I'm going to get at the shop so that's covered, but do you think it'll be safe for me to turn up the boost to like 12psi if I feel like it?
Old 04-30-2007, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

What clutch are you getting again?
Old 04-30-2007, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The black box and the pressure sensor are not the same thing....
Old 04-30-2007, 07:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 318_tC
The black box and the pressure sensor are not the same thing....

oh god...not this argument again..

Like I said, get either or...but not Both.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why wouldnt you get both?

Black Box is for Partial Throttle.
Pressure Sensor is to help tune WOT with emanage.

Im curious as to why you say dont buy both.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Emanage tunes WOT by itself....

Pressure Sensor will tune Part Throttle. Why, because it's not based on throttle position anymore. It's based on PSI level from what I gather. Translation....don't matter what the throttle position is. If you can set 1 PSI to whatever A/F ration, 2 PSI to another, 3 PSI to another...etc, you have just tuned it for Part Throttle as well as WOT.

This has already been confirmed by a few people on here, that have the Pressure Sensor.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:02 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Correct.

The pressure is used so that the e-manage can be tuned off of boost pressure read through the MAP sensor provided instead of TPS, which is what it is defaulted to without it. Fuel requirements at 20% throttle accelerating through gears on the street is going to be different than that of cruising on the thruway. The pressure sensor gives the tuner more flexibility to fine tune that driveability.

Because of the tC's stock PCM and near wideband stock primary O2 sensor, the stock PCM in closed loop, which we have narrowed down to less than 4500 RPMS and less than 85% throttle, continues to refer the AFRs to 14.7:1. This is bad when you have a turbocharger that peaks into a couple of pounds of boost when your on the streets at persay 20% throttle and making 1-4 PSI in between shifts. THIS is where the black box comes in to correct that scenario.

Edit: the pressure sensor does not show PSI in the e-manage software. It shows manifold pressure in KPA, MM of HG, kg/cm and voltage from the sensor, not PSI (per travis). I have whitnessed changes made 1st hand on the dyno.....The E-manage alone will not cut it if you are looking for the most reliability.

Quick Reply: ZPI Stage 1 Turbo - HERE I COME!!!!