Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Zpi stage 1 vs turbonetics kit.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 03:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

a shootout would be great to see. Not so much as to pick a winner but to have that kinda press (if a mag covers it).... I think Dezod, ZPI, Turbonetics all have winners! They all deliver in big ways
Old 01-23-2006, 01:56 AM
5 Year Member

i am going to order the Turbonetics turbo tomorrow... and turbo-kits.com is sellin it for $4295 shipped anywhere in the US. This Kit is amazing and so far i think it is the best of the group. If they can get 240 whp safly on the stock engine on a conservitive tune i am very happy. so that is the wasy i am going to go.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks more and more like a sweet deal
Old 01-23-2006, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Magazine coverage... That'd be awesome. It'd give huge publicity to ZPI and Dezo"d and it'll put those SRT4 bastards in their place. PSHAH! "no way the tC can hang wit us" they say.. You know, SRT4 among other cars.. sorry, recent bitterness.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member

which kit out of those would be best for the tc from being bone stock. for example i heard if you supercharge your TC you have to go through another boat-load of upgrades so your car wont explode - so which of these kits would be most suitable for a stock tC to maintain?

hit me up on the forums or on AIM: shplaca
Old 01-23-2006, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by savior
which kit out of those would be best for the tc from being bone stock. for example i heard if you supercharge your TC you have to go through another boat-load of upgrades so your car wont explode - so which of these kits would be most suitable for a stock tC to maintain?

hit me up on the forums or on AIM: shplaca
Well the "best" kit is really up for you to decide but the numbers and design for the Turbonetics kit was done on a BONE STOCK Tc no exhaust, nothing but the kit. Its been safe even when run for hours on end at the track. My vote is for the Turbonetics kit.. :D
Old 01-23-2006, 05:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im curious to the end user result is after an install, etc, and see if everything is as smooth as it seems or if its just like any of the other kits w/ issues here and there, etc
Old 01-23-2006, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

check out Tunerzine for online magazine coverage, they reach out to a great deal of pro-racers, so i'm sure you can get one of thier photographers to come down for a day. Hell one lives in Nashville.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, I have stage 0 on an auto and I am somewhat close. If you have an auto Turbonetics setup, we can do a little comparison.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:38 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by retrodrive
Well, I have stage 0 on an auto and I am somewhat close. If you have an auto Turbonetics setup, we can do a little comparison.
The only Turbonetics cars local are MT...
Old 01-24-2006, 04:36 AM
5 Year Member

Haha I just ordered the turbonetics kit from Turbokits.com it should ship by the end of the month. I cant wait to beat on some srt-4.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:20 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha I maybe in Iraq right now but Im having my wife order the kit this week so I can have it ready to play with when I get home. The moment I have been waiting for is finally here. Thank you TURBONETICS!!
Old 01-24-2006, 07:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i really dont see whats so great about this kit, the dezod stage one with 11PSI is superior to all of these kits in almost everyway. its one of the least expensive, its the most powerful, tested longer than turbonetics, and its just as reliable. c'mon people use your heads.

oh woowwww turbonetics kit has a fancy unichip! thats great Dezod stage 2 upgrade will be gettin close to 400whp for around 2k and under with EMS included

CEEEE YUHHHHHHHHHH
Old 01-24-2006, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member

Last time i checked dezod was usin turbonetics turbos.... am i right. And the stage 1 kit is $4000 from dezod. I would rather get the turbonetics kit for the extra 300 or 400 hundred. Plus you get a really cool lookin FMIC with the kit from turbonetics.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You do get a FMIC w/ dezod kit. Actually, new kits get a bar and plate FMIC instead of the normal tube/fin or whatever.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

How long was the Tubronetics kit in development before it was released? I'm assuming that since Turbonetics is a very well-known company, they prolly spent just as much time if not more than Dezod since they didn't want to taint their reputation. Not taking anything away from Dezod since thy're working wonders, but that's just my initial thought.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats one reason I want to see this kit on a end user car installed by a customer.

Its always a slightly different story from the company or company represented car. Its been proven with any of the tuners on the board, weather good or bad.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

This kit was in R&D since last September....Its been road raced, street raced, beat on, and both cars have been driven everyday by someone from Turbonetics to and from home, rush hour, etc. The Turbonetics kit also includes a bar and plate intercooler with the kit. The Dezod kit uses a Turbonetics turbo as well and has the same power potential. The only difference is that Turbonetics doesn't want to ship a kit at 11 PSI. Their goal is to give you a powerful yet daily driveable reliable car. If you want to turn up the boost and tune for 400 go for it. Its a dyno session away. But Turbonetics would rather give you something thats safe out of box with ability to go for broke if you want.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ooh bar and plate also. nice!
Old 01-24-2006, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

One note on the Unichip versus Emanage. The Unichip is light years ahead of the Emanage in terms of both tuning and features. The Emange Blue does not read MAP without an optional harness for starters. The Unichip does include a map sensor to alter the tune based on actual boost pressure not just a rpms or load based map. There is also a timing harness required to pull timing on the Emanage which is standard on the Unichip. Furthermore the Unichip includes the following feautres the Emanage does not:

Closed loop boost control with the ability to map boost pressure across the entire load curve
2 map functionality via a 2 position switch that will switch both the fuel/timing map and boost pressure map with one switch
Intercooler sprayer control
Bluethooth access to the EMS to check real time correction factors, alter correction, or upload new maps without digging for a interface cable

All of the above are included in the Unichip from Turbonetics. No having to purchase additional harnesses to add other functions. Its all there.

Quick Reply: Zpi stage 1 vs turbonetics kit.