Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Zpi stage 1 vs turbonetics kit.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 06:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mattssi
Ooh bar and plate also. nice!
All Turbonetics turbo systems include a bar and plate intercooler that is thoroughly pressure tested prior to being shipped..
Old 01-24-2006, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
The Dezod kit uses a Turbonetics turbo as well and has the same power potential. The only difference is that Turbonetics doesn't want to ship a kit at 11 PSI. Their goal is to give you a powerful yet daily driveable reliable car. If you want to turn up the boost and tune for 400 go for it. Its a dyno session away. But Turbonetics would rather give you something thats safe out of box with ability to go for broke if you want.
Dezod's goal from the begining was to provide an OEM fitting and OEM quality kit for the tC.
To have a powerful but daily driveable car was Dezod's goal from the begining.
11PSI isnt undaily driveable, but if its too much for you for some reason, just go with the base kit that runs at 8.5 PSI
Everything u said that sets apart the turbonetics kit from the other kits, is the same with the Dezod kit and then some.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sensay
The Dezod kit uses a Turbonetics turbo as well and has the same power potential. The only difference is that Turbonetics doesn't want to ship a kit at 11 PSI. Their goal is to give you a powerful yet daily driveable reliable car. If you want to turn up the boost and tune for 400 go for it. Its a dyno session away. But Turbonetics would rather give you something thats safe out of box with ability to go for broke if you want.
Dezod's goal from the begining was to provide an OEM fitting and OEM quality kit for the tC.
11PSI isnt undaily driveable, but if its too much for you for some reason, just go with the base kit that runs at 8.5 PSI
Everything u said that sets apart the turbonetics kit from the other kits, is the same with the Dezod kit and then some.
Except the EMS you mean... Look I'm not going to argue line item by line item. I think both kits have their pros and cons. Its up to each person to decide what the best fit for them is...
Old 01-24-2006, 09:10 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Our kits ship with an 8.5 PSI spring in the WG. Our map that comes with the pressure sensor will work fine up to 11 PSI. The end user would have to purchase a boost controller to use that functionality. So in essence, 8.5 PSI is all we ship with.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You guys also need to remember that the actual turbos are not the same at all. They're both T3/4 hybrids but the turbo housing sizes are different. This difference can easily make a big difference or a minute one.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Only reason why some people (me included) are hyping up the turbonetics kit instead of the dezod kit is the fact that turbonetics is working on CARB exemptions. I may not live in CA but I travel there a lot from Utah and I would rather not have to put up with the annoyance of CA law enforcement constantly telling me to fix it because it is not legal in california.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not even sure what I'm gonna do. I'll most likely be moving there in June/July. Uh oh.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I guess we'll see what our kit makes for HP with the new mods we're putting on it (including the bar and plate IC, and the new downpipe that dumps the wastegate).
Old 01-25-2006, 05:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd say if there is a turbo kit shoot out we should make sure everything is run out of box on a stock car. Ideally it should run the boost it does how you purchase it and of course the stage of the kit should be as close in price range to the other kits as posssible. I'm going up to Turbonetics again this week and I'll see if they are interesting in doing a higher boost pull and tune to say how far they think they can go with the stock exhaust and stock motor. The numbers Turbonetics has are with a rather conservative timing curve and with fairly low boost. I'd like to see what they come up with at 11 PSI of boost and a fuel and timing curve to match..
Old 01-25-2006, 03:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

i really dont see whats so great about this kit, the dezod stage one with 11PSI is superior to all of these kits in almost everyway. its one of the least expensive, its the most powerful, tested longer than turbonetics, and its just as reliable. c'mon people use your heads.

No one has been around longer than ZPI. First to the market, and has the longest running turbo on the tC. I think it's up to the individual to make up their mind, so don't go turning this thread into a flame war on who's kits better for this and who's kit is better for that.

I say, if it suites your needs, then you choose whoever you want to. But please try to reframe from pushing your opinions on other people.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is such a bs thread. This is like magazine racing. What makes it even better, most people who are giving oppinions do not even own a turbo tc, or never rode in one. I had a chance to drive a custom T3/T4 setup with 285 hp and I was not impressed with the spool comparing to my ZPI kit. I can't wait to see if Turbonetics kit lives up to the expectations.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I guess you can say I'm a little bias. I've only been in ZPI powered tC's on multiple occasions. And can atest to the fact that boost is practically instantenous.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
i really dont see whats so great about this kit, the dezod stage one with 11PSI is superior to all of these kits in almost everyway. its one of the least expensive, its the most powerful, tested longer than turbonetics, and its just as reliable. c'mon people use your heads.

I think it's up to the individual to make up their mind, so don't go turning this thread into a flame war on who's kits better for this and who's kit is better for that.

I say, if it suites your needs, then you choose whoever you want to. But please try to reframe from pushing your opinions on other people.
I agree and if anyone feels I have done that I apologize. I will try to keep all my posts simply information rather then opinion based. As I said before ZPI and Dezod have done a fantastic job to date and I'm not trying to take anything away from them. At the same time I also feel theres room in the market for another kit. Each one has its strengths and weaknesses and in the end its up to the customer to decide what they feel is best for them...Hopefully we can make this shootout happen and give everyone a better feel for what each kit entails...
Old 01-25-2006, 08:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Lyracon
Only reason why some people (me included) are hyping up the turbonetics kit instead of the dezod kit is the fact that turbonetics is working on CARB exemptions. I may not live in CA but I travel there a lot from Utah and I would rather not have to put up with the annoyance of CA law enforcement constantly telling me to fix it because it is not legal in california.
you only need to have your car CARB exempt if you LIVE in CA, they cant get u introuble because your car is registered from another state, so there is nothing they can do.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

wrong. even if you travel into a different state you still have to abide by their laws. One example of this is you can have radar detectors in a certain state however when you drive to the next state it is illegal to have it mounted and functional. Just because I am from out of state doesn't not mean I don't have to abide by their laws. But I do understand what your point of view is. I would just rather avoid that whole situation all together.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

^^ True to a certain extent. ie: Say you have full tints all around....you can't just peel it off cuz you are in another state...
Old 01-26-2006, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Lyracon
wrong. even if you travel into a different state you still have to abide by their laws. One example of this is you can have radar detectors in a certain state however when you drive to the next state it is illegal to have it mounted and functional. Just because I am from out of state doesn't not mean I don't have to abide by their laws. But I do understand what your point of view is. I would just rather avoid that whole situation all together.
yep thats the case with things like radar detectors and such, but like if a car is not cali CARB excempt from the factory, and the guy travels to cali for a while, there is nothing a cop can do about it because he doesnt live there. Same with a turbo because it becomes part of the car.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

watching thread
Old 05-31-2007, 03:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so which one is better turbonetic or zpi?
Old 05-31-2007, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kev9910
so which one is better turbonetic or zpi?
LOL, you DO realize this thread is a year and a half old?

Quick Reply: Zpi stage 1 vs turbonetics kit.