Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

ZPI turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboCustomz
Wow. You got part of a kit. Nice.

Since they are "redesigning" the piping I hope they do something about the brackets that they have installed on other kits since I hear some of them rusted/broke off in no time at all.

Charles
part of a kit is better than no kit at all in my book, but it would have been much nicer if it came as a whole.

isn't the coating for the pipes supposed to help prevent rusting? :?

charles, i would like to know more. pm if you can. thanks
Old 11-27-2005, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

What sort of coating?

I know on my Greddy Exhaust, it rusted at EVERY god damn weld. Even rusted through on a couple.

My manifold on my last kit turned to rust and the piping that came with it started to get rust spots. I then, got the manifold ceramic coated and pipes powder coated and never had a problem since.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My guess is the pipes wont have brackets on them so it wont matter anyway. Its a bad idea for the most part.

Charles
Old 11-27-2005, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a redesigned stage 1 for sale if someone is interested.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ZPIracing
Just give us a call or shoot me an email on Monday with your name and I'll check the status of the order.

thanks, keisha
Thanks a lot for the help
Old 11-27-2005, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by InjentC23
Just give us a call or shoot me an email on Monday with your name and I'll check the status of the order.

thanks, keisha
Thanks a lot for the help
Because you can call and check your status??
Old 11-27-2005, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mattssi
Because you can call and check your status??
No, because if I call my kit will magically be done.
Just thankful that they're trying to help me out. Remember, I don't have a reason to
doubt ZPI's service yet. But I will activily be trying to find out my kit's status.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha ha ha

sorry.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry for being an a$$, just trying to keep up the positive "vibes."
Old 11-27-2005, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PoizentC
hmmmm.. i'm torn.
Wait for my order from zpi, buy a TRD SC, Zen's Stage 1 Turbo, a used Rx8, S2000, 350z, or G35...
Old 11-27-2005, 11:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Marshall
hmmmm.. i'm torn.
Wait for my order from zpi, buy a TRD SC, Zen's Stage 1 Turbo, a used Rx8, S2000, 350z, or G35...
The tC will never ball on the same level as the G35. Yummy

Charles
Old 11-27-2005, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboCustomz
Originally Posted by Marshall
hmmmm.. i'm torn.
The tC will never ball on the same level as the G35. Yummy

Charles
No $hit.... I love my boys g35 fun car... But for the money I still think I get the cheaper 350z
Old 11-27-2005, 11:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats exactly what it is too. Cheaper. You get what you pay for when it comes to those two cars.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We are working on our time to market we know the wait is stressful. Once you get behind in anything it is hard to get caught up, turbo kits are no exception. We are working diligently everyday to get these kits out. We have now shipped over 50 kits and will continue to work just as hard to get the rest out and decrease the wait on new orders. We have contracted some new manufacturing facilities to help us offset this time. We are out of turbochargers until the first week of December. Our vendor is out and we are out. We will get some more kits out once these arrive. We have completely redesigned the intercooler setup the pipes the core etc…This should provide for a easier and cleaner install.

We have demonstrated some of the best customer service in the industry time and time again. No, it is not that you can call and check on your order it is the way we go above and beyond to help. We do make mistakes as does any person or company. It is not the mistake that is the problem it is the way that you make them right. Toyota has made mistakes when the sunroofs started to break we are not al going to sell our cars? They have offered to fix it for us this is no different than the way we conduct our business. We overnight parts help with install questions at midnight on Sunday sometimes if need be. We will continue to do so because we look at our customers as friends and not dollar signs.

As far as the rest of the comments they are no more than a disgruntle employee who was fired for similar attitude. We are sure that there will always be attacks on us by our competition and this is no different. I would say before long we will see the same people making sly comments start advertising on here trying to sell parts as well. As we are equally confident that they will have some rebutale to justify there actions thus far. We are okay with the sly remarks and attacks, we are the leaders in Scion performance and continue to be the first to release cutting edge parts and have pushed the envelope since day one. We pushed these cars to the edge so that you do not have to take the same risks. Have we made mistakes along the way? Absolutely! Have we broken stuff along the way? A course we would not be doing our jobs if we had not. We started this when a lot of people had never even heard of Scion defiantly not trying to make them fast.

We will continue to operate our business in the fashion that we do. We will be attacked, we know. We will still be here; we will not always make everyone happy this is business. Others will try to go behind us and undermine our accomplishments but at the end of the day when the smoke clears we will still be hear supporting the Scion community in the way that they have supported us. We are grateful for the business and support that you all have shown and will continue to do what we do and bring cutting edge Scion enhancement parts to Scion Community with the service and support that you have came to expect.

-ZPIracing
Old 11-28-2005, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's all fundamental economics; Supply and demand.
There is a good demand for Turbo application upgrades for the tC. But as of right now, only ZPI actually has turbo kits in production to suit this demand, therefore there is a low supply. If you have the patience, ZPI has proven they can build you a good turbo kit.

I don't think I read anything in the previous posts attacking ZPI. I hope it wasn't something I said. I would consider myself one of your more patient customers.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

Once again....

Great professional response....

I still can't get over the multiple times I've seen ZPI flamed here online without any real merit, and every-single time, they've come out professional, consistent, and stellar in regards to customer service, reliability, and sheer performance...

Refreshing to see....

Keep it up!
Old 11-28-2005, 02:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We are working on our time to market we know the wait is stressful. Once you get behind in anything it is hard to get caught up, turbo kits are no exception. We are working diligently everyday to get these kits out. We have now shipped over 50 kits and will continue to work just as hard to get the rest out and decrease the wait on new orders. We have contracted some new manufacturing facilities to help us offset this time. We are out of turbochargers until the first week of December. Our vendor is out and we are out. We will get some more kits out once these arrive. We have completely redesigned the intercooler setup the pipes the core etc…This should provide for a easier and cleaner install.

We have demonstrated some of the best customer service in the industry time and time again. No, it is not that you can call and check on your order it is the way we go above and beyond to help. We do make mistakes as does any person or company. It is not the mistake that is the problem it is the way that you make them right. Toyota has made mistakes when the sunroofs started to break we are not al going to sell our cars? They have offered to fix it for us this is no different than the way we conduct our business. We overnight parts help with install questions at midnight on Sunday sometimes if need be. We will continue to do so because we look at our customers as friends and not dollar signs.

As far as the rest of the comments they are no more than a disgruntle employee who was fired for similar attitude. We are sure that there will always be attacks on us by our competition and this is no different. I would say before long we will see the same people making sly comments start advertising on here trying to sell parts as well. As we are equally confident that they will have some rebutale to justify there actions thus far. We are okay with the sly remarks and attacks, we are the leaders in Scion performance and continue to be the first to release cutting edge parts and have pushed the envelope since day one. We pushed these cars to the edge so that you do not have to take the same risks. Have we made mistakes along the way? Absolutely! Have we broken stuff along the way? A course we would not be doing our jobs if we had not. We started this when a lot of people had never even heard of Scion defiantly not trying to make them fast.

We will continue to operate our business in the fashion that we do. We will be attacked, we know. We will still be here; we will not always make everyone happy this is business. Others will try to go behind us and undermine our accomplishments but at the end of the day when the smoke clears we will still be hear supporting the Scion community in the way that they have supported us. We are grateful for the business and support that you all have shown and will continue to do what we do and bring cutting edge Scion enhancement parts to Scion Community with the service and support that you have came to expect.

-ZPIracing

Leaving your company was the best thing that has ever happened to me. I no longer have to worry about the lies that have been told and what i am allowed to say, or not say to customers. I no longer have to let cars sit around for months and months because I dont have the parts to finish them. I no longer have to worry about my paychecks bouncing. I no longer have to lose friends who dont like you because of the situation with your old company, Redline Motorsports.

Im not trying to sound pompus, and if I do, then so be it. Your company is what it is today because of me. You have no real knowledge of engine theory and design. You have no formal training, nor does any of your employee's. You did not design the turbo kit. I did, with the help of Alex, in one night as a matter of fact. You did not figure out that the injectors were wrong, and had given up on the matter when I did. You have the most basic knowledge of cars and are very good at talking. That is about it.

Oh were to begin. Lets start here.
APRIL 15TH
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...663&highlight=

Originally Posted by zpiracing
no problem our kits our done we just wanted to get a few more test vehicles out there before the orders come flooding in.

Stage 0 -1 kit run a mitsu evo III 16g ported and clipped
Stage 2 runs a garret 50 trim 20G ported
The kits were done on April 15th according to you here. When was the first one shipped?
SEPT 3RD
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...=asc&start=150
Originally Posted by wowguytc
got a tracking number guys, should be putting up pics soon and a vid guys. glad to see things moving finally
Nice, only 4 months difference. Why could it possibly take this long? Well, the obvious answer is that the kits were NOT done. Nor were they even close to being done.
I should also mention that when that kit went out, so did one more. Scion Dad's kit.

I skipped ahead, please forgive me...
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...418&highlight=
We just wanted to keep everyone up to date on our turbo kit status. We are still doing some final testing on the kit as the 91 octane maps and big injectors are not working as flawlessly as we would like in the heat. The maps just need some more tweaking but seeing that we are not with the cars testing the kits the updating process is somewhat slow. The stage 0 kits are 97% ready to ship and should start going out by the end of the month or the first part of next month.

The Stage 1 kits will go out as soon as we have finalized the fuel maps. We know that you guys are excited and ready to get these kits on your cars but we do not want to jeopardize quality for quickness
Where exactly are these cars that we were not with? I don't remember sending any kits out for "map" testing. In fact, to this day there is not standard map. All the cars with emanage have been tuned after the install. Not a problem though since no Stage One kits have been shipped because there was no finalized pipe designs when I left. How were the advertised power levels on those cars anyway. Have any of them hit 300whp yet? Didn't think so. More lies...
Oh, and dont worry about that "not jeopardizing quality for quickness" thing. Im sure everyone REALLY believes you now.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...235&highlight=
Here is a dyno chart with our stage 0 car overlayed stage 1. These were on the same car and the same dyno. The only variable other than the weather is the Stage 1 car was running open down pipe and the 0 car was on stock exhaust piping.
Remember the Stage 0 Dyno Results and videos? Good numbers. But thats to be expected from a "Stage 0" car that has a FMIC, 550's, an emanage, external wastegate, (which at the time was an "option") and a custom tune. More lies. Only difference was boost levels. Nice stage 0 car.

JUNE 11TH
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...795&highlight=
We will be accepting pre-order through the end of the month after. After June 30th they are retail pricing. We will have the first batch shipped out by our target date of July, 5th.
Didn't happen, obviously. More lies.
The first shipment will be 15 kits and then 15 should follow every 7-10days until we are caught up. We will then pre build them so they can ship out pronto upon ordering them. If you preorder today you are still looking at approx... A month before you will get your kit. These kits will be shipped on a first ordered basis as they have been waiting the longest.
Well, do I really need to say anything here? Honestly.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...378&highlight=
This entire post/person was made up by Kenny. Im sure this can be verified by any mod that wishes to do a IP check if possible with the time difference. However, I was there and this person doesn't exhist. He later says he already has his kit but he dropped off the face of the earth. Convient.

JUNE 26TH
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...133&highlight=
turbo kits are coming along nicely and are scheduled to start shipping the end of this week or the first part of next
We will contact the customers whom are part of the first batch this week to confirm that everything is the same as it was when ordered a couple months ago. We will be able to get the kits out in 15 kit batches until we are caught up. We expect all the kits to be filled in chronological order as date ordered by the end of July.
lol. again

I could go on and ON and OOONNNN with this but I really think you all get the point now.

That of course leads me to a kit that was installed previous to this. Around Aug. 5th. Cincytc, aka David Cooperstein. Nice kid, drove down from just north of Cincy to have a kit installed. Of course, at the time, there had been NO stage zero kits tested. Thats right. NONE. How did Kenny know the stock ecu would really adjust enough to keep the car from blowing up??? HE DIDN'T. After having to leave his car at the shop for a week, (even though he was told he could hang out because it would only take a day, two tops) David came back down the next weekend to pick up his car. We had not even finished bolting all the parts on when he got there. At this point, a Turbo Scion with the stock ECU had NEVER even been attempted to start. Kenny took David and his friend out to lunch and I was told to "make it work" while they were gone. Guess who got lucky. It started and after a few mins of me working out some bugs, David took this car home to Cincy with about 10 miles on his kit. But hey, it worked right? Who needs R&D? F it.

With that being said, we were approached by a gentleman in January about having the first turbo kit for the Scion that we actually produced. Davids car, above was put before his, for whatever reason since Mr. Ruso paid upfront for his parts and services.

There is much debate over his car, and how it was put together, but long story short, it blew up because of BLATANT neglagence on Kenny's part. I should add here that this car was tuned by Kenny with no wideband as he drove down the road. There was no dyno tuning on the final map. There was no way for kenny to know what a/f's this car was running when he "finished" with it. Two weeks later it blew up. Kenny blames this on a bad rod bearing. How did the car get it? Well the turbo blew up and the car ran low, if not out of oil. Why? There was blockage from to much gasket maker on the oil return flange. I bet you can't guess who installed that.

Now Mr. Ruso has an 05 tC with a non numbers matching engine, no turbo kit (at his request, can you blame him) and an exhaust. He is supposed to be getting a header, emanage and some other parts in "exchange" for his turbo kit but he has not recieved these items as of yet. Big suprise.

The ZPIracing Crank pullies ARE Agency Power Crank pullies with the name grinded off. I saw it done. They are even cheaper if you go to the original website, www.vividracing.com. I wonder if they know of this? Perhaphs, but if they really did "private label" them to you, why did they come with agency power on them?

The head package. Well, there were no dyno's posted for this mod. There were no flow sheets posted for this. Kenny claimed that it flows "38%" over stock. How does he know this? The head was never flow tested. This number was made up. The car that actually had a head package on it actually dyno'd LOWER then stock cars typically do. Hence the reason for no dyno sheets.

I think I have made my point. There are plenty of people on this board that share my understanding of the truth and have their own personal experiences that they may or may not share. Hopfully this will imspire some people to share the negative experience they have had so that everyone may see what some of us already know.

I was released from ZPI. I don't deny that. It was shortly after I had my ___ ripped for telling a customer the truth about their car. I was told I could "leave things out" and it not be considered lying. Nice. My response was exactly this...
"If you want someone to lie to your customers, you'll need to find someone else."
I guess I got my answer. I am however, not "disgruntal" by any means. I am now doing what my intentions were all along after I got out of school and I have opened my own shop. I have finished several cars that I was working on at ZPI since then. Cars that were there for months and months that I had no problems finishing on my own in a couple weeks. In fact, with the exception of Mr. Ruso's engine swap, not ONE car has come out of ZPI since I left complete. However, about 6 have left at the behest of customers unfinished. This could be because of the long wait, it could be because there is no longer ANYONE there that is in any way qualified to work on the cars.

In any event, these are not lies. I am not disgruntal, and yes, I will release parts on this website. Parts that I am more then sure will speak for themselves. Anyone on this site that knows me already knows that I have the knowledge, experience, and ability to back up everything I have ever said on here. Only time will tell.

Charles Gordon
Old 11-28-2005, 02:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WOW
Old 11-28-2005, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Munch
WOW
WOW indeed
Old 11-28-2005, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Almost a year of warnings and finally maybe someone will listen. Amazing.

You forgot the part about routing the wastegate tube back against flow in the exhaust and breaking the shaft. Good design, Kenneth.

Quick Reply: ZPI turbo kit