Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

ZPI Turbo KIT is here :) YAY

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 12:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Okay Steven it's Sunday...Let us know how the install goes or is going. We will be waiting for lots and lots of pics. Oh and dont forget to use everything including the kitchen sink to get the oil pan off, LoL. Good luck with the install and as Nester always says :hammer:......
Old 08-06-2006, 02:05 PM
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

^^ ditto abou tthe oil pan.. but if you have a Rukus laying around.. that thing comes off in one pop.. lol.. Congrats on your kit!
Old 08-06-2006, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey i am local in Rockville, Md too so when you've it ready please let me know. I'd like to see the set up because I am in the market for myself.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Does anyone have a bill of material for the ZPI stage 0 kit? I'm talking about a parts list. I think I'm missing some stuff but I wont know what to ask for if I don't know it is missing...

I would hate to start the install and get stuck because I'm missing a gasket or a screw or a fitting -You know what I mean.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ProshopXB
Okay Steven it's Sunday...Let us know how the install goes or is going. We will be waiting for lots and lots of pics. Oh and dont forget to use everything including the kitchen sink to get the oil pan off, LoL. Good luck with the install and as Nester always says :hammer:......

If you search for Zach (BlackSndPrlturbotC)'s thread, he got his pan off pretty easy. Somehow if you wedge a crowbar in there, you can pry it off fairly easy.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any updates on the install?
Old 08-07-2006, 10:21 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

If you search for Zach (BlackSndPrlturbotC)'s thread, he got his pan off pretty easy. Somehow if you wedge a crowbar in there, you can pry it off fairly easy.

Just make sure you take everything out to clear room for it...mainly the S-Pipe.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RoswellScion

Just make sure you take everything out to clear room for it...mainly the S-Pipe.
Haha that is the truth, im sittinng under a tC right now and saw the S pipe somewhat in the way of the oil pan. So very good advice..
Old 08-09-2006, 10:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I read about using the tC lug wrench to pry it off.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by XD40tC

That sounds like a wonderful way to gouge up the bottom of your aluminum block.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my oil pan came off ez as 1 2 3
Old 08-09-2006, 01:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboCustomz

Did you see Zach's pics? I think he picked a good "safe" spot to use as leverage.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:56 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i finished up installing my Stage 0 today and just got back from a test drive. BADA$$! had only 1 minor problem and that was the oil return line touching the S-pipe fixed that with a zip tie. the hks bov is amazing. car runs great so far and i'm not throwing a CEL. glad to be BOOSTED!!!
Old 08-12-2006, 02:54 AM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Congrats man!
Old 08-12-2006, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboCustomz

No gouges at all. I found a "safe" spot as Travis said
Old 08-12-2006, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ark05tc
i finished up installing my Stage 0 today and just got back from a test drive. BADA$$! had only 1 minor problem and that was the oil return line touching the S-pipe fixed that with a zip tie. the hks bov is amazing. car runs great so far and i'm not throwing a CEL. glad to be BOOSTED!!!
Hell's yeah... Another ZPI beast on the street... ZPI taken over the Scion world one car at a time..
Old 08-12-2006, 05:17 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by RoswellScion
Congrats man!
thanks! i'm addicted now
Old 08-14-2006, 12:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^Just do me a favor, don't turn up the boost until your car is ready to handle it. Be ADDICTED, not another STATISTIC.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:35 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i'm gonna be smart about it. what do you think i need to be able to take a stock SRT-4? i'm an auto btw
Old 08-14-2006, 03:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ark05tc
i'm gonna be smart about it. what do you think i need to be able to take a stock SRT-4? i'm an auto btw

ooohhhh....That's going to be a tough one, being that your Auto. If manual, then I would have told you 8 PSI and you would walk a stock SRT-4.

No one has any "real world" data/experience racing with the Auto's on Turbo kits. How about you get us some vids and we can see..

Quick Reply: ZPI Turbo KIT is here :) YAY