Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

ZPIracing Motor Mounts **special**

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 03-13-2006, 03:14 AM
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

I am not 100% sure on the TC but I have done engine mounts on a number of other cars and its not all that hard to do on a scale of 1 to 10 Ide say its about a 4/5 to do. I am going to order the mounts soon so I will post a walk through as soon as I get them.
P.S. Ill include pics
Old 03-13-2006, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by njdan69
I am not 100% sure on the TC but I have done engine mounts on a number of other cars and its not all that hard to do on a scale of 1 to 10 Ide say its about a 4/5 to do. I am going to order the mounts soon so I will post a walk through as soon as I get them.
P.S. Ill include pics
i would like that because I am going to be installing them myself and have never done mounts before. The guy I work with has so it shouldnt be an issue but having pictures of the exact setup helps nomatter what.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:15 AM
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Well I Orderd the mounts today so I hope to have them installed before Friday, so I can brake them in on the way to Cali
Old 03-14-2006, 10:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by njdan69
Well I Orderd the mounts today so I hope to have them installed before Friday, so I can brake them in on the way to Cali
you can't be serious . They don't even have them in stock.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:03 PM
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Well I was serious but since they are out of stock for now I guess Ill just have to wait now wont I.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

yeah you will. They have never been in stock as they have not been released yet.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Not even an update on anything? It has been a month since supposed date of receipt.............glad I didn't order yet........
Old 03-14-2006, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Dear ZPIracing Customers,

I know that you all have been patiently awaiting the release of our highly anticipated motor mount upgrades. As you all are very aware that after the initial design we do not do much in the manufacturing arena and we sub this out to some of the best in the business.

We got our first set of test mounts in early January and they where off a little but the overall quality was there. This is as to be expected as we have had these guys make mounts for us before. We then noted the changes re-designed the schematic and sent them back. We anticipated a great product and continued the pre-order discount. We then in the first of February got a large shipment of the mounts in and they appeared to be correct, we test fit them on one of our project tC and they did not fit any where near our standards. We have made the correct changes and are hoping have these back in stock very shortly.

We thought we would offer you some options for our great customers who continue to support ZPIracing and all that we do. We understand that you have been without the money for some time and that you are entitled to something. We will also be including some free apparel upon shipment of these as well including but not limited to t-shirts, hats, decals, pens, etc.!

1. Continue to show you support and wait for us to deliver you the product at the quality that you would expect from ZPIracing. We will give you 10% off your next order for your patience.

2. If you no longer want to wait we understand and there is no hard feelings we will refund your money and apologize for not making the deadline we set forth for ourselves.

Thanks again for the continual support all of you show us. We greatly appreciate it and we will continue to bring you the products that you want at a price you can live with. We are forever grateful of the Scion community and all they have allowed us to do.

Kenny Strickler
V.P. Vehicle Operations
Zero Point Industries, LLC

emailed feb 17th
Old 03-15-2006, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

yeah, I see the price is not $165 so I guess the pre-order is over.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by PghtC
yeah, I see the price is not $165 so I guess the pre-order is over.
you mean to say ...it is $165 so it must be over. I would assume its over because the price was around $110 if i can remember right.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

yeah, I meant "now" and I typed "not"

Old 04-15-2006, 03:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

so nobody but me is saying ... "what the hell is going on" --- have any of you guys tried going to: http://www.zeropointindustries.net/s...roducts_id=128 ....yea .. the mounts arent there anymore!
Old 04-15-2006, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ there was a design flaw with the design they reecived and wasnt easy for us the consumer to installs ot hey sent it back once more.
Old 04-15-2006, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

typical
Old 04-16-2006, 12:52 AM
5 Year Member

Well I was one of the very first pre-orders and have been e-mailed back recently about them. I was told that they had another company finishing them up and that they were almost ready. I know ZPI is very busy and is trying to get it done, but done right. So if I can wait since I ordered back in January, so can everyone else.
Old 04-16-2006, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

yea - i was one of the first pre orders also - thats why i was wondering what was going on. I am happy w/ the price I paid but would like to see the product also.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

as well, i was on board early. talked with kenny last week
they went another route in the design/material process, they are going to be emailing customers this week with that info
Old 04-18-2006, 12:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jwaggz82
Continue to show you support and wait for us to deliver you the product at the quality that you would expect from ZPIracing. We will give you 10% off your next order for your patience.
10% off the stage 1 turbo kit?
Old 04-18-2006, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

To Whom It May Concern:

I know a lot of you have been awaiting the release of our motor mounts for awhile now and that we have not been the best at sending these updates. With the shootout the shop has been crazy and I apologize for that. We have been working diligently on the mounts trying to remedy the problems that continue to arise.

We have been getting our samples in from the factory and they continue to not fit to our likings. It seems the polyurethane takes on a mind of its own whenever we have it cut small enough to fill the mounts. We have started to look in another direction that would increase the overall price but offer a much nicer mount.

The new mounts that we started developing last week will be an entire mount replacement not just an insert. The new mounts will be billet housing with a poly center section very similar to the motor mount kits for popular Honda swaps. We will have the design down by the end of this week and will have the drawing sent over to the factory and get a prototype one done for you all to see pictures etc… and for us to test fit the product.

The retail pricing of the new mounts will go more toward the $400 dollar range. We will give every motor mount order that is still pending pre-order or not the mounts for the price already paid. I apologize for the wait again I know it is hard to wait for something that you want and I had no intentions of it taking so long I just can’t ship something I am not happy with. The guys in the shop continue to bust ___ in attempt to get the parts out and I am personally very grateful for the support and business that you all continue to show us. For this I simply say Thank You.

Kenny Strickler

Quick Reply: ZPIracing Motor Mounts **special**