Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

2006+custom hu msg , needle jump toggle, seatbelt warn tggle

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 07:04 PM
5 Year Member

Default 2006+custom hu msg , needle jump toggle, seatbelt warn tggle

scroll to 4th&5th post for seatbelt dinging toggle, needle jump on startup toggle, and custom message guide (seatbelt & needle toggle may be available on pre-06 models)

the mini-brochures i've found at dealer sites say turn the key to ACC while holding the audio button - this may be right for the non-ipod attachable radio.. but in my case. i have the upgraded pioneer , single disc, ipod compatible.. u turn the key to ACC while holding MUTE..

i'll be back when i get these codes tested & figured out (from the mini brochure)
(these do not work on the 06hu,, scroll down to the 4th post for 06'cust-msg)

The Pioneer head unit features some hidden special features we call
Easter Eggs. To access the “Secret Mode,” press and hold the “A”
button and turn the ignition to “ACC.” From “Secret Mode” you’ve
got 15 seconds to create a new screen message by entering any of
the following sequences.

“WhatMovesYou”
Press and hold ‘A’ and ‘TEXT’ simultaneously
and turn the key so ‘ACC’ is off.

“PushMyButtom”
Press & hold ‘M’ and ‘A’ and ‘2’ simultaneously

“Scion=A+B+C”
From the AM setting, press and hold ‘FOLDER UP’
and ‘SCAN’ simultaneously and turn the key so ‘ACC’ is off.

“ ” (“Scion” in Japanese)
Insert CD and set to track number 2, press
and hold ‘FOLDER DOWN’ and ‘TEXT’ simultaneously

Custom Welcome Screen
To create your own custom message, press and hold ‘M’
and turn the key so ‘ACC’ is off. You now have one minute
to use the ‘+’ and ‘-‘ buttons to scroll through any ASCII
characters. Use the ‘A’ button to enter your characters.

scroll to 4th&5th post for seatbelt dinging toggle, needle jump on startup toggle, and custom message guide
Old 02-06-2006, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

this has been talked about and tried many times.

only thing we have been able to do the custom text. and that is listed in the radio manual.

the easter eggs that are written about above only work for the 05 radios, the buttons don't match up.....
Old 02-07-2006, 04:35 AM
5 Year Member

yea yea i used the search.. no info on 06' .. plus i don't have the radio's manual... soooo... anyone w/ an 06 manual got the buttons? atleast i found out how to get into the secret mode.. -i'm tryn my best to get to the bottom of this.. and make a sweet and simple thread about it for all to find

mute + ignition to ACC gets u safe mode - 06 upgraded radio (ipod connectable)

---codes above don't work for the upgraded
Old 02-07-2006, 05:15 AM
5 Year Member

AH HA!! found the motherload @ http://home.cfl.rr.com/icdedppl/faq.html (custom welcome only- no codes)

2006+ (tested on my 06 and worked)

step 1
turn the key to 'ACC' and turn the radio on. now, turn the key off
step 2
on the radio, press and hold 'MUTE' and while continuing to hold down 'MUTE', turn the key to 'ACC'. you should now see a horizontal line on the head unit lcd display start to flash. you can now let go of 'MUTE'.
step 3

within 15 seconds, press and hold 'PRESET 1' and turn the key off. you should now see a flashing cursor with the letter 'A' displayed.
step 4

now use the 'PRESET 3' and 'PRESET 4' buttons to change to the letters/characters you want to use. when you find the letter/character that you would like to use, press 'PRESET 6' and the cursor will move over to the next position. if you need to delete a character, press 'PRESET 5'. once you have complete your message, press and hold 'PRESET 6' for five seconds to confirm your selection.

*note*
there is a 16 character maximum for the welcome message for the 2st gen hu.
you have 60seconds to enter your message, after that runs out u have to repeat steps 2&3 to pick up where u left off. i reached the 16th character of the message and held PRESET6 to confirm, and it cut off the last character,, i repeated those steps, added the last letter, and just let it sit til the 60seconds ran out and it stuck

1st gen hu (2005)
step 1
turn the key to 'ACC' and turn the radio on. now, turn the key off.

step 2
on the radio, press and hold 'A' and while continuing to hold down 'A', turn the key to 'ACC'. you should now see a horizontal line on the head unit lcd display start to flash. you can now let go of 'A'.

step 3
within 15 seconds, press and hold 'M' and turn the key off. you should now see a flashing cursor with the letter 'A' displayed

step 4
now use the '+' and '-' volume keys to change to the letters/characters you want to use. when you find the letter/character that you would like to use, press 'A' and the cursor will move over to the next position. if you need to delete a character, press 'M'. once you have complete your message, press and hold 'A' for five seconds to confirm your selection.[/b]
Old 02-07-2006, 05:31 AM
5 Year Member

SOME OTHER TOGGLE-ABLE STUFFS!!

how do i enable/disable the 'needle jump' when starting the car using the trip meter button? (06 tested and worked)

if you don't like the cool 'needle jump' feature when you first start your car, then you're a retard... er, i mean, if you would like to disable this annoying feature or if you turned it off by accident when NOT following the directions on the other trip meter easter eggs, then follow these steps (similar steps as seatbelt reminder buzzer, but you start with the lcd on 'trip a' or 'trip b', NOT 'ODO':
step 1
turn the key to the 'on' position. using the trip meter button, toggle the lcd until 'trip a' or 'trip b' is displayed on the lcd, NOT 'ODO'.
step 2
turn the key off. now, push and hold the trip meter button. while holding the trip meter button, turn the key to 'on'. continue to hold the trip meter button for 10 seconds.
step 3

the needle jump by default is set to on. once you've held the trip meter button for ten seconds, the lcd will then display 's-OFF', telling you that the needle jump is now turned off. you can now let go of the trip meter button. if pressed again in this mode, you will set the buzzer back to on, 's-ON'.
*note*
if the battery or combination meter is disconnected, you will have to follow the procedure again.

how do i enable/disable the seatbelt reminder buzzer noise using the trip meter button? (i'll get around to testing this when i have nothing better to do)
to enable/disable that annoying seatbelt reminder buzzer, follow these steps using the trip meter button, but make sure you still buckle up!:
step 1
turn the key to the 'on' position. using the trip meter button, toggle the lcd until 'ODO' is displayed.
step 2
turn the key off. turn the key back to the 'on' position. within six seconds of doing so, press and hold the trip meter button for ten seconds. after ten seconds, buckle the driver's side seatbelt.
step 3
the buzzer by default is set to on. once you've held the trip meter button for ten seconds and then buckled the driver's side seatbelt, the lcd will then disply 'b-OFF', telling you that the buzzer is now turned off. you can now let go of the trip meter button. if pressed again in this mode, you will set the buzzer back to on, 'b-ON'.
*note*
if the battery or combination meter is disconnected, you will have to follow the procedure again.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

right, that's my website. and no need to make a thread, cos there is one already that links to the faq page: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=59647

and no offense, but i'm so dissapointed. i was so excited when i started reading this cos i thought someone finally had the easter egg codes for the 2006 (2nd gen) HU, but nooooooo.

and once again, i request that any/all dealers or ANYONE that visits this site that knows anything about the easter eggs for the 2006 (2nd gen) HU to give them to me so i can add them to the faq. thanks!
Old 02-07-2006, 04:09 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

im sorry but this thread isn't bringing anything new......
this has slipped under the mod radar somehow.