Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

after 8 hours still no luck with my remote start PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 01:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if i could get ahold of my installer i will ask him how he did mine. he did the clutch bypass with windows mods, tilt sensor and the works with no issues. you must be missing a wire or have a wire hooked up to the wrong car wire. reverify your wires.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

where is your ground...idk if this is obvious but my mistake was that my ground was not touching bare metal but hitting paint. but then again that was for my underglow
Old 01-10-2007, 08:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Harmonic_tC
Originally Posted by Rebeld321
Ask him to double check the wiring on the relay for the second starter. it's probably sending a negative pulse cuasing the fuse to blow.

It could also be the way he wired up the relay for the clutch bypass. instead of wiring a relay to it, just connect the two wires at the clutch switch. that way it will always be bypassed, you wont have to press your clutch to start your car manually. its quick and easy.
Sorry for all your trubles but I did my car in a matter of hours and followed that with 4 other scions for friends. Its really not a hard car if you know what you are doing. No offense but your professional installer sounds like he is over his head.

Just my 2 cents, if you just connect the 2 wires on the clutch together and leave it that way, you will not have cruise control any more. You need to wire up 2 relays and have one for the switch at rest at the top of the clutch pedal and one at the bottom of the clutch pedal. Its been awhile since ive done one otherwise id tell you exactly how to do it. Out of the close to one thousand (I keep a list just for fun) of remote starters i have done, the TC is one of the easier ones.

Good Luck

if you were closer id finish it for ya, sorry
i defenetally agree, tc is one of the easiest remote start/keyless/security to do
Old 01-15-2007, 06:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Harmonic_tC
Originally Posted by Rebeld321
Ask him to double check the wiring on the relay for the second starter. it's probably sending a negative pulse cuasing the fuse to blow.

It could also be the way he wired up the relay for the clutch bypass. instead of wiring a relay to it, just connect the two wires at the clutch switch. that way it will always be bypassed, you wont have to press your clutch to start your car manually. its quick and easy.
Sorry for all your trubles but I did my car in a matter of hours and followed that with 4 other scions for friends. Its really not a hard car if you know what you are doing. No offense but your professional installer sounds like he is over his head.

Just my 2 cents, if you just connect the 2 wires on the clutch together and leave it that way, you will not have cruise control any more. You need to wire up 2 relays and have one for the switch at rest at the top of the clutch pedal and one at the bottom of the clutch pedal. Its been awhile since ive done one otherwise id tell you exactly how to do it. Out of the close to one thousand (I keep a list just for fun) of remote starters i have done, the TC is one of the easier ones.

Good Luck

if you were closer id finish it for ya, sorry

Thanks for the insigt, i had no clue that the clutch disabled the cruise control, i need to go back and rewire mine.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i have been installng remote starts for alomst 5 years now.. the tc or and any toyota/scion/ lexus are actually farely easy... now on the tc... there are two switches on the clutch... did he bypass both... or just the bottom... if the relays in the remote start brain are clicking that means theres crank there... just the fact that the clutch is not pushed in will blow fuses eventually...now its either he didnt bypass the clutch properly or he wired the second starter incorrectly like previously stated....
Old 01-16-2007, 03:53 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks for all the help guys he finally got a chance to look at it again yesterday and when i told him about the two spots on the clutch that needed to by bypassed he fixeed it right away.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Crap, I bet that's why my "pro installer" couldn't get it.