Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Aftermarket HU using stock sub

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Aftermarket HU using stock sub

I'm trying to get my aftermarket pioneer unit to work with my stock sub. I bought the wire harness for the tC and everything fits fine but the sub is not working. Which wire from the 2009 tC activates the sub and what do other wire(s) do I hook it up to? Do I need to hook it up to a speaker? Thanks.

Sent from my HTC Incredible 2.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:22 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bump....no one?

Sent from my HTC Incredible 2.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:47 AM
5 Year Member

Ya, its kinda slow around here. I asked the same thing with little help. ANyway, I had the Pioneer AHV 8400 installed and my sub wasn't working right. I had the volume all the way but it was super low. basically off. Apparently the "Sub Out" wasn't compatible. After going around a few local shops (in hopes for a quick fix and because the place I got it installed was far), Some of the guys were stumped but one guy said that the sub would have to be hooked up to the rear speakers somehow. Well, I went back to where I originally got it installed to see if they had and sure enough, that's exactly what the guy did, but he was stumped too for a minute. How exactly, I'm not sure but all I know is that I got my "Bump" back from my sub. Hope that helps if you haven't gotten it already.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm sure your referring to a aftermarket pioneer stereo you have. if you have a aftermarket harness you still need to connect your subwoofer power and hi/lo pass connector from the back of your stereo most people cut them but maybe you can find a aftermarket harness just for the sub out.nevertheless, there is a blue wire that turns on the amp , the remote wire.the red is 12v power. +/- speaker wire that's needs to be tapped in to.maybe you can find a harness on ebay for that it goes from the stereo to the speaker as signal.there you go easy fix.