Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Alpine i-Personalize?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 08:41 PM
Banned
SL Member

Default Alpine i-Personalize?

Has anyone done the alpine I-personalize for their headunit, i have stock speakers with a 10" Alpine type-R sub, and i got on the alpine website because you can setup you EQ and crossover settings then put them on a cd-r disc and download them to my headunit but i have no idea what i am doing and i dont know what settings to put it on...any help is greatly appreciated. Could someone please send me their settings?
Old 04-13-2006, 04:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

I would recommend just doing those settings in the car and not worrying about using the computer to do it. If it is like my HU (9855) then you can adjust it in the car, or on the computer like you're talking about. But if you do it in the house, how do you know what its gonna sound like? It may sound terrible. I always did think this was a stupid option for Alpine to come up with, more of a selling point really, not and actual helpful tool.

Might as well do it in the car and make it sound good to YOU, not going on someone else's opinion...b/c in the end, its what YOU think that really matters!!! Just my .02!
Old 04-13-2006, 05:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I also have the 9855 and I used i-personalize once just for the heck of it. It is fairly useful for setting crossover points/slopes, speaker system setup, as well as the personalized opening message. As far as the eq, well, I usually run the eq flat anyway but I'd definitely leave that part for in the car.

As far as I know, the personalized opening message (as well as custom backgrounds on the flip out monitors) can only be done through I personalize. All the audio features can be done using the method of your choosing.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:41 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by Shoelesscraig
I would recommend just doing those settings in the car and not worrying about using the computer to do it. If it is like my HU (9855) then you can adjust it in the car, or on the computer like you're talking about. But if you do it in the house, how do you know what its gonna sound like? It may sound terrible. I always did think this was a stupid option for Alpine to come up with, more of a selling point really, not and actual helpful tool.

Might as well do it in the car and make it sound good to YOU, not going on someone else's opinion...b/c in the end, its what YOU think that really matters!!! Just my .02!
I would tune it myself, but I don't know the first thing in tuning a car stereo. I have th e9855 as well, and Alpine doesn't exactly make it too user friendly. I was just hoping I could get someone elses settings and use it as sort of a "base map" and then go from there. Can anyone send me their settings?
Old 04-13-2006, 12:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Only thing I have done is change my background and uploaded a few others.. I dont have a system to toy around with.. but good luck mang
Old 04-13-2006, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scion-ce
I would tune it myself, but I don't know the first thing in tuning a car stereo. I have th e9855 as well, and Alpine doesn't exactly make it too user friendly. I was just hoping I could get someone elses settings and use it as sort of a "base map" and then go from there. Can anyone send me their settings?
The problem with that is that the tuning of your system is going to depend on a few things...The type of car you have, the type of speakers you're using, the type of amps (if any) you're using, and most importantly, your personal preference. So really, 'copying' somebody's setup is going to do very little for you unless that person is you identical twin with the exact same setup you have.

Here's a rundown of how you most likely want to set it up generally. The speaker system should be set to 2-way, crossover points should be set between 80-120 Hz for the low pass, and the same frequency for the high pass (assuming you have a sub), both crossover points should have equal slope (I prefer 24 db/oct).

As far as the EQ that will have to be all on you...the 9855 allows you to choose between 5-band parametric and 7-band graphic, and this choice can be made in the standard menu under 'setup' and then either 'audio' or 'general'. Once you've decided which type of eq you want to use, go back to the main screen and hold down menu to get to the 'pro' menu...from here you can actually set the crossovers as well as setup the eq and do all sorts of other cool things.

User friendly or not you should be able to read an instruction manual, and if you don't have one it can be printed through www.alpine-usa.com