Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Any 8inch subs in tC?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jwaggz82
Nice post. I have a few pics to add to it. I just baffled my rear speakers and dynomatted the metal (thin piece of garbage) that the speaker is attached to. Behind the speaker (the side panel) was already raamatted 3x's over but since I matted the whole car (last year about 13months ago)....after 2 full days of taking the car apart ..matting...and putting it back together ...I didnt care at all about the speakers. Now - 3 weeks ago - I amped and finished the setup with baffles. The job is ultimately ghetto. I had the infinity speakers for 6 years (from my old truck) and they are still going strong, so I used them for my car. I took sealer and applied it to the baffle and pressed the speaker onto it. The baffles I used were from crutchfield. Anybody that needs them...get the slimmer ones. I used the standard ones and they were over and inch too deep. I had to bend the baffle and fold it under. If the speakers were new I would have sent the baffles back and bought the thin ones so I wouldnt have to use any kind of glue. Here are the pics. I didnt have clear sealer so I used white....ghetto yes....but with the side panels on it looks good and sounds better.

The above are camera phone pics. Its better then nothing just so people can get the idea of what I did.
That really IS ghetto. What are those baffles made out of anyhow? Foam? Do your speakers sound decent, considering they are techically in a REALLY small sealed enclosure?
Old 03-03-2007, 05:24 AM
5 Year Member

I HAVE 2 8'S IN MY DOOR PANLES THEY ARE CUSTOM FIBERGLASSED IN ...THEY SOUND PRETTY GOOD THEY ARE FOSGATE P1'S BUT IM REPLACING EVERYTHING WITH P3'S
Old 03-03-2007, 05:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Zebman
Nice post. I have a few pics to add to it. I just baffled my rear speakers and dynomatted the metal (thin piece of garbage) that the speaker is attached to. Behind the speaker (the side panel) was already raamatted 3x's over but since I matted the whole car (last year about 13months ago)....after 2 full days of taking the car apart ..matting...and putting it back together ...I didnt care at all about the speakers. Now - 3 weeks ago - I amped and finished the setup with baffles. The job is ultimately ghetto. I had the infinity speakers for 6 years (from my old truck) and they are still going strong, so I used them for my car. I took sealer and applied it to the baffle and pressed the speaker onto it. The baffles I used were from crutchfield. Anybody that needs them...get the slimmer ones. I used the standard ones and they were over and inch too deep. I had to bend the baffle and fold it under. If the speakers were new I would have sent the baffles back and bought the thin ones so I wouldnt have to use any kind of glue. Here are the pics. I didnt have clear sealer so I used white....ghetto yes....but with the side panels on it looks good and sounds better.

The above are camera phone pics. Its better then nothing just so people can get the idea of what I did.
That really IS ghetto. What are those baffles made out of anyhow? Foam? Do your speakers sound decent, considering they are techically in a REALLY small sealed enclosure?
ya - its really not that small for those speakers. The back is touching the side panel. It was the exact opposite ....the baffle was too big - look at the post.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by AngiezRS20
I HAVE 2 8'S IN MY DOOR PANLES THEY ARE CUSTOM FIBERGLASSED IN ...THEY SOUND PRETTY GOOD THEY ARE FOSGATE P1'S BUT IM REPLACING EVERYTHING WITH P3'S
lets see the pics - sounds like its nice.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya - its really not that small for those speakers. The back is touching the side panel. It was the exact opposite ....the baffle was too big - look at the post.
I took a look at the depth of that thing. I recally my statement.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Zebman
I took a look at the depth of that thing. I recally my statement.

yea man - I tried to make it the best I can sounding with those speakers. Because you are putting the panel back on I knew that looks weren't going to play a part. The baffle is actually pretty darn big ....and those pics are from my phone.

Sometimes the most creative things aren't your everyday things. Either way, I just wanted to show some people some ideas so maybe it can offspring some other ideas. But heck ....post positive or negative .... everybody is free to say what they want.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Whatever you choose to go with, I can't praise Memphis enough, definately check out their m-class at your local rep.