Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Anyone familiar with AVN5435 Please HelP!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 08:36 AM
5 Year Member

Default Anyone familiar with AVN5435 Please HelP!!!!!!

i had a shop install the avn5435 and now my steering controls and my stock ipod adapter doesn't work is there anything i can do or do i have to buy all these adapters and stuff
Old 03-02-2006, 09:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do you mean the aux adapter?
I don't think the stock one works with it.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:57 AM
5 Year Member

I have tha same unit in mine.. I have an 05, so I didnt get the steering wheel controls.. but ive seen it for myself, the stock steering wheel control plug, will plug right into the 5435.. plug and play.. no wiring or nuthin... the ipod (auxliary) im not sure about.. but I would assume it would be the same as the steering wheel control.. if not, I know eclipse has an ipod interface.. but not sure if itll work with 5435.. hope this helped
Old 03-05-2006, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Check your box, there's an adaptor that goes between your SWC and the HU. It's the same harness bundle of wires that has the Video Input with it.

I don't know if your iPod will work with it, but your SWC will
Old 03-06-2006, 08:27 AM
5 Year Member

thanks guys you helped a lot imma try that out. The thing is in my center console there's an auxilary and a ipod interface the dealer charged me 200 for it and now i cant use it cause i changed my head unit
Old 03-06-2006, 08:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey i didnt wanna start a new thread for this..i need some help with the 5435 also

k, mines installed and everything. just havin some trouble using it. everytime i enter an address or a POI it just tells me to follow the highlighted route. is there any way to get it to actaully tell u where to go. (ie. turn left, turn right) where it actually talks while u drive. its kind of useless cuz all its telling me "follow the highlighed route"

and yeah i checked the manaul. its almost as hard to understand as the unit itself.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member

it speaks if you press the guide button after you enter your destination. if it says follow the highlighted route and you press guide and it still only says that and doesn't change the information on the screen you don't have the speed sensor wire connected
Old 03-06-2006, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you start driving while it tells you to follow it, it will default to the fastest route, and then provide guidance.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:14 PM
5 Year Member

yeah check the voice guidence volume it might be turned off. Or it might be so low that your the music in your is drowning her speak.... Hey does your steering controls work and your ipod aux work.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member

AVN5435 will not voice guide if speed sense is not hooked up. Hit info button, then hit system check, and look at speed pulse while driving around, if it remains at zero you do not have speed sense wire hooked up properly.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i did the system check and the speed pulse seems to be working...it was telling me how fast i was going...so i dont think thats the problem

and i also checked under setup that the "auto voice guidence" was set ON. still wasnt giving me guidance. it just gives me a highlighed route and tells me to follow it. and after i arrive at my destination it says "you have arrived at your destination, your route guidance is now complete" weird. maybe its defective
Old 03-07-2006, 05:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DippinTc
Hey does your steering controls work and your ipod aux work.
i have an 05 so i dont have steering wheel controls or the ipod but i did hear that they are suppose to work with them. dont know about the ipod though. i dont think that works
Old 03-07-2006, 04:27 PM
5 Year Member

TCKEVIN, look in the setup screen again and see if it says that your calibration is complete or if it is studying. If it is still studying then you have the wrong speed sense wire. It is possible to have a wire that pulses like a VSS wire but it is to erratic to actually calibrate it. Try orange behind the cluster.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by eroc0808
TCKEVIN, look in the setup screen again and see if it says that your calibration is complete or if it is studying. If it is still studying then you have the wrong speed sense wire. It is possible to have a wire that pulses like a VSS wire but it is to erratic to actually calibrate it. Try orange behind the cluster.
it says "speed pulse: studying" should i take it back to where i got it installed? what should i tell them?
Old 03-07-2006, 11:30 PM
5 Year Member

Ya man take it back. They definately have the wrong VSS wire. I'm an authorized Eclipse installer and that is exactly what's wrong. The unit will not do turn by turn guidance if it does not complete calibration. The only thing that will not allow it to calibrate are improper VSS signal and poor GPS signal. IF you have all of your GPS satalites lit up in your system check screen then wrong VSS is the only other thing. And I do think the correct wire is orange behind the cluster...not purple like a lot of wire sites say. Hope this helps you...and your installer.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by eroc0808
Ya man take it back. They definately have the wrong VSS wire. I'm an authorized Eclipse installer and that is exactly what's wrong. The unit will not do turn by turn guidance if it does not complete calibration. The only thing that will not allow it to calibrate are improper VSS signal and poor GPS signal. IF you have all of your GPS satalites lit up in your system check screen then wrong VSS is the only other thing. And I do think the correct wire is orange behind the cluster...not purple like a lot of wire sites say. Hope this helps you...and your installer.
hey thanks a lot man. i do have all the GPS satalites lit up. so if i just go to my installer and tell him "the VSS wire was installed incorrectly" would he know what i'm talking about? cuz i honestly dont know what a VSS wire is. but thanks for ur help, im gonna go back tomarrow to get this all fixed up

update: i printed out exactly what you said and gave it to them, and they fixed it for me. it works fine now!! thank you! the installer said what you wrote helped out a lot.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey juse curious, how did u get the cover to close on the avn 5435?? i heard it didn't fit and was jw...
Old 03-20-2006, 05:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So does the Cover close properly on the 5435, because i may be purchasing one within the next couple weeks.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

the cover closes on the avn's. drill the holes back about 1/8 to 1/4" and u should be more than fine.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So Basically you just have to modify how far back on the bracket it is mounted, so it sits back enough to be closed?

Quick Reply: Anyone familiar with AVN5435 Please HelP!!!!!!