Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Autopower 4-point roll bar

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Autopower 4-point roll bar

Hey guys, so I'm loosly entertaining the idea of getting Autopower's 4-point roll-cage/bar. The on im thining about is the street-sport. It is 4-point bolt in with removable harness bar. I know cages in daily driven cars are dangerous because of the exposed metal bars but i was thinking that this one is simple enough that i could daily drive it with the harness bar removed and safty shouldnt be an issue. Then if i was doing an AutoX even i could throw in a harness with my stock seat for the day.
From the limited amount of info i have been able to gather it looks like i can keep my full interior and only have to make some slight cuts in the rear panel. Its definatly out if i have to remove interior pieces to fit it.

Anyway I would appreciate any opinions yall care to share concerning whether or not this mod would look good, and if it would actually be safe for those riding in the back.

Again this is still just a loose thought so dont be too harsh ;-)

Last edited by x_Batman_x; 06-04-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My friend has the 4 point autopower w/ harness bar, and from what I remember, the harness bar is not removeable.

So if you plan on having passengers in the back, I would NOT recommend it because of that.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

couldnt you cut the harness bar and flare it with a pipe tool then run large pins to hold it in place
Old 06-03-2010, 08:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think the autopower 4 pt cage iwth harness bar has a diagonal bar that goes from the driver side top corner to the passenger side lower corner behind or in front of the harness bar
Old 06-03-2010, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I think the horizontal bar is removeable if this is the one your talking about...
http://festivegarage.com/roll-street...on-p-1385.html
Old 06-03-2010, 09:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, it's removable.

Originally Posted by x_Batman_x
I know cages in daily driven cars are dangerous because of the exposed metal bars but i was thinking that this one is simple enough that i could daily drive it with the harness bar removed and safety shouldnt be an issue. Then if i was doing an AutoX even i could throw in a harness with my stock seat for the day.

From the limited amount of info i have been able to gather it looks like i can keep my full interior and only have to make some slight cuts in the rear panel. Its definatly out if i have to remove interior pieces to fit it.
The safety concern is not centered around the harness bar, but the cage as a whole. Covering/wrapping it in SFI approved padding is a good idea if you intend to drive daily. Of course, you SHOULD always wear a helmet with a cage. "If stock seats are to be used with a roll bar/cage, care should be taken to prevent the seat from submarining under the rollbar" (HPDE regulations).

How slight of cuts do you anticipate? From looking at my friend's cage, the cuts he would've had to make to make it look like stock are decent, so he just decided to remove his interior panels so he didn't have to hack up everything.

Last edited by Ro_Ja; 06-04-2010 at 02:53 AM.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cavalier, that is the piece im taking about so yeah im sure the horizontal harness bar is removable and that when it is removed the cage has no cross bars

i finally was able to dig up this thread https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...autopower+cage

thats pretty much exactly what I'm thinking about, but i cant see the rear mounting poiunts so i cant tell how badly i need to tear up the rear panels

thanks for the info Ro_Ja, you dont have any pictures of said rear mounting points on your friends car do you? If this is going to require significant modification of the rear pannels ill probably just have to scrap this idea, i like having a clean looking interior...
Old 06-04-2010, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by x_Batman_x
thanks for the info Ro_Ja, you dont have any pictures of said rear mounting points on your friends car do you? If this is going to require significant modification of the rear pannels ill probably just have to scrap this idea, i like having a clean looking interior...
Sorry, I do not. It IS possible to have the stock pieces in, but the mounting points are kinda large and square-ish, so a pretty big hole (IMO) would be needed to fit the pieces in.