Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Aux. port for mp3 player

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 12:10 PM
hc4
5 Year Member

Default Aux. port for mp3 player

Wife wants to play her mp3 player in her 05 TC. Everything I read about the FM transmitters sounds like that is not the way to go! If we had waited for 06 could have done the Ipod hook. So is there an aux port in the back of the stock 6disc in dash HU to run a hook up for a Zen micro? And if so what is the recommended way of doing it? And how hard is it to take apart? All suggestions appreciated. Or........is it worth the $ to get a new stereo? Hate to get rid of something that works fine, guess there is always ebay!
Old 12-16-2005, 12:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

YES! I have a black zen micro and I ordered some P.I.E AUX adapter and it DOES plug directly into the back of the stock 05 headunit.
http://store.yahoo.com/logjam/pietoy03aux.html
That what I odered plus you will need a 3.5mm jack(aKa headphone jack) to plug into this thing so it will connect to the adapter.

The stero is very easy to take out. Remove the console starting at th bottum silver piece. Pull up on both sides. You might have to change gears to remove this. And continue removing the under piece. It's one big piece. When that comes out(Should be the center console with the area that has the headunit cover, unplug the harness for the center console. No all you have to do is remove four screws that are around the head unit and pull out.

There are ports on the back of the headunit. I'f you want I will post pics of where my jack is that I plug my zen into! Hope this helps some. I know there is another forum about this issue!
Old 12-16-2005, 12:55 PM
hc4
5 Year Member

Thanks for all the info, can yo still use the CD player with this set up? She has the 6 disc that is xm ready but we do not have xm, it mentioned that it is not compatible with factory xm. Any pics would be great.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:58 PM
SL Member

Default PIE Adapter

I have the PIE adpater he is talking about for sale. Let me know if your interested.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here are a few pics I put together. I have the cable running through the opening where the emergency brake is.

Old 12-16-2005, 06:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

^ Neat Idea ^

I run the Aftermarket Pioneer deck with my ipod in the storage area between the seats... that way I can control it with the deck.... Fun times...
Old 12-16-2005, 08:31 PM
hc4
5 Year Member

Excellent! I already pulled the bottom piece out and found the screws looks easy. The change holder/storage is a perfect spot for it. Thanks for the pics! How do you control the micro? This does not disable the CD player does it? (might be a stupid ??)
Old 12-16-2005, 10:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When the Zen is plugged in you hit the cd button again if it's already playing a cd. If your on the radio you should hit the cd button twice. I think it says CD-1 or something of that sort.