Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Broken CD player!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 03:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Broken CD player!

Hi guys, I've been a scion life member for a while, but I don't post all that much. I love the site/forums though; it's a great resource.

The story:

This comes after a long line of bad luck with my car... including wheel and bumper replacements -- all caused by bad roads in D.C. or mother nature putting a smack down on my car. However this time I don't think I would have ever seen this one coming...

I had a flight out to LA and I needed a ride out to BWI airport, so a friend offered to take me, but his car was getting work done on it... so we took mine. He has used my car before, so I wasn't worried. The flight was like 6:45AM, so it was still dark outside (and also inside the car). The radio cover was open (as always) with a CD in the ejected position (but you couldn't see it because it was dark). Just before we get to the airport, he goes for the cover like he's never seen it before and tries to close it. Who knows why; maybe he was bored. The end result was the CD snapped in half and the CD player PULLED in one of the broken halves. Needless to say, the player doesn't work anymore because of all the sharp debris in the player... He was totally apologetic and is going to pay for a new one, but I don't want to make him pay for a new one (about $300) when I can get a 2006 HU for about $80 (I have a 2005 tC)... where do you think the best place to go is? Does anyone here have a 2006 HU for sale?

Thanks!
Old 12-22-2005, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

So, this is technically a WTB....

Anyways.... I've got an '05 I can send you for 50 plus shipping.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I guess it is, but I just thought it was a funny story. As for the 2005 HU, I'll think about it, but I really want to get a 2006 one if I can help it.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Go for the 6 cd in dash. I just put one in and I love it. 6 cds with MP3s and it is easy to switch out.