Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Can you program the tC to lock the doors when put in drive?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 02:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

When they come up to your car and wash your windows while sitting at a stop light, then ask for money... Thought that was only in movies 'till I saw people doing it in Boston. I'm not sure what I'd do if some guy started scrubbing my windshield with a rust-covered squeegie thing and scratching the hell out of it. But I'd want my doors locked. As soon as I get off the offramp into Boston, I hit the switch.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Am I the only one that finds cars that lock themselves terribly annoying? My wife's Corolla does that, and every time I try to get out, I have to stop, unlock the door, and try again.
One of the things I liked about the tC was that it didn't do that. If I want the doors locked, there's a button conveniently placed on the armrest that will take care of it. But for 99.9% of my driving, locking the doors is completely unnecessary.
That aside, if someone wants to hurt you or jack your ride, a locked door isn't going to stop them when all that separates them from the unlock button is a pane of easily breakable glass....
Old 03-09-2007, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SquallLHeart
Originally Posted by Ty_Max
^Unless...you can do some LED swap that blinds people that try and do that at a flick of a button...GET TO IT SQUALL!
actually, i'm still partial to that flamethrower security that some countries have...

unfortunately that's probably something that won't ever be allowed in the states for such a purpose.. :?
Trust me, it'll be legal in Florida (and Texas too)

naa... not sure about the flamethrower, but its a big reason why you have to be aware at all times when in your car. People tend to let their guard down when stopped at an intersection, since they figure they're not driving for the moment. Bad policy! You have to pay attention to what's going on around you, and always think of what you would do in the worst case scenario (another reason not to leave 1 inch with the car in front you. It's not just about a "what if" if the person behind you nails you, but its also to give you a possible escape route if need be).

It's not a bad idea to carry either, provided you're trained. License would be good as well so you're not leaving a weapon in the car.

Originally Posted by ZiggyXIV
Am I the only one that finds cars that lock themselves terribly annoying? My wife's Corolla does that, and every time I try to get out, I have to stop, unlock the door, and try again.
LOL same here. My cousin's 07 Camry does the same thing! To tell you the truth, its a little scary... like the car is locking you in and taking you for a ride, all without your consent

I prefer to be in control, but I understand some people like stuff done for them. I guess its all just personal preference
Old 03-11-2007, 09:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by mike6789k
wtf? getting jacked at stop lights? where the hell do you people live?!
I live in Austin, TX and I used to work with a dude who had a gun pointed at him when he pulled up to a stoplight. He was driving a tricked out Integra...he ended up taking the red light and driving half way around town before deciding to go home...

Originally Posted by ZiggyXIV
One of the things I liked about the tC was that it didn't do that. If I want the doors locked, there's a button conveniently placed on the armrest that will take care of it. But for 99.9% of my driving, locking the doors is completely unnecessary.
That aside, if someone wants to hurt you or jack your ride, a locked door isn't going to stop them when all that separates them from the unlock button is a pane of easily breakable glass....
What also annoys me about the Corolla is that you can't turn the headlights off at night while driving. Granted you rarely need to...but unless you're parked the lights will be on at night. What if you wanted to follow someone w/o them knowing?