Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Car Audio

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 05:22 AM

Default Car Audio

ok, i have used the search button for the last half hour and could not find info on what i am looking for, so first of all, please dont flame me because at least i tried...

ok i have been recently looking into getting some subs and components for my tC but I know literally nothing about car audio.. so i was wondering if any of you all could give me some helpful links of 1) car audio explanaions and details (how it works, blabla), and 2) i have especially searched for this on the internet but i Cant find any actual diy from start to finish on how to install and wire your subs/components to the amp and what not... so if anyone could help me with these links it would be greatly appreciated...
Old 01-21-2007, 05:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

www.scioncaraudio.com
Old 01-21-2007, 06:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

crutchfield.com has some really good tips on how and what everything does
Old 01-21-2007, 12:10 PM

been at crutchfield, but there stuff is all over... and the scionaudio.com place doesnt look to organized...idk ill just keep lookn then
Old 01-21-2007, 01:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what are you looking to do just a simple system or all out with speakers everywhere tv in headrest i could probably help you out im here in tampa
Old 01-21-2007, 03:50 PM

not really, if i had the budget i would, i am looking for like 2 mayb 3, 10"s subs with an amp and head unit...nothing too saphisticated(s/c)... but i dont really want it to be ALOT of bass i would rather it have great sound quality and good bass... so now saying that i am basically just trying to learn what does what and am looking for a tutorial from start to finish on how to hook everything up...
Old 01-21-2007, 03:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you don't want a lot of loud and want sq you're better off going with 1 or 2 sealed subs. i'd go with 1 12 sealed or 2 10's. if your on a budget go with www.edesignaudio.com

go for a 13ov.2 or two 11ov.2
Old 01-21-2007, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

how to pick your sub..
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/le...ing_guide.html

how to wire your subs up...
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-...rs_wiring.html

and i second nebster with the single sealed 12 or the dual 10s. i like the single 12 personally, saves space and hits the way i like it. i have a CVR12 being pushed by 400w and i like it alot. as for head units i prefer Pioneer, and they have alot of new decks coming out that are relatively cheap
Old 01-22-2007, 12:20 AM

ok thanks for the feeback you helped me narrow it down a lot....

its not that i dont want it to hit hard cuz i do but i will not be doing all the eDead and stuff to it so i want the best sound and power for my car without having to do all the deadening, and stuff...or in othere words i dont want it to sound like crap because i have 15"s in my trunk and everything in my car rattles and sounds horrible, u know the guys that drive down the street like this, it just sucks when its like that...hopes that makes sense
Old 01-22-2007, 12:27 AM

sorry about the double post, but what would be a good amp and head unit

something cheap and good for what im looking for (sound quality & and max bass without rattling)
Old 01-22-2007, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well then just save your money buy 150 ft of sound deadening and it will sound better. no matter waht you put your hatch is gonna rattle. that just happens.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A HU is more of a personal opinion, and the features it offers. You'll want a HU with pre-outs for front and rear speakers, and a sub pre-out, all of these being 3 volts or more for easier tuning. You should try to find a good one with many sound shaping options. I have a Kenwood DPX701, and am completely satisfied.
A Nine.1 amp would be good for 2 or 3 subs.

Sound deadening is a good option, although 150 is overkill. I ordered 130 and still have two entire rolls left. Mind you, I haven't put any on my doors yet, but that's a roll for each door. Way more than enough.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i did 90 and i need more. a lot more.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nebster
i did 90 and i need more. a lot more.
You must have hit every square inch, with a lot of layers. I only did one layer on the floor and trunk, two layers in some spots, two layers in the quarter panel, three layers on the areas on the wheel wells that I could easily apply it (which wasn't much), and one for the liscense plate.
And for anybody thinking of buying some, THE ROLLER IS HIGHLY, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Old 01-22-2007, 02:30 AM

um its not that i dont have the money, its just that i dont want to go through the hasstle of taking everything out and putting it back in... mayb one day i may do it when i have a free day or 2 over the summer

can someone real quick tell me what OHMs and the Voice coils are? and how they affect the speakers...this will help me greatly and have it narrowed down to 2, and thanx for all the feedback
Old 01-22-2007, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ohms = resistance. The lower the ohms, the more power that can flow. You'll want to determine what subs you're getting, how many, and what amp you have in mind. Then we can assist you in determining what voice coil configuration you'll need, or you can go to www.edesignaudio.com , scroll down, look to the left and click Wiring FAQ.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.bcae1.com/

That should get you started in car audio pretty well - there's a lot of information in that site!!
Old 01-24-2007, 01:37 AM

ok i came up with some stuff that would put me just at my budget and am wanting yall's opions:

2 ROCKFORD FOSGATE P210S4 Punch Stage 2

i know that there are obviously not top of the line but i have heard that they have good SQ. Is this true? All i am wanting is decent-good bass & great SQ.

So that is the setup that i am looking to get. so now, what would be a good head unit & amp for those? I am still looking for a box so i will get back to you on that.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a alpine type R 12'' sub and a 500w rockford that I'm looking to sell if you are interested.
300 plus s&h. I'd say it gives a pritty nice hit I have pics on my profile.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:29 AM

ok final subs for sure are 2 of these:

Alpine Type-E SWE-1242

Now I need a good...

Amp?
Head Unit?
box?(something small and angled)(diy's?)

and i need the recommended AWG and amp wires for what i should run this with and then i will be complete... thank yall for all your patience and atlast im almost done...

Quick Reply: Car Audio