Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Clifford Alarm Install on tC

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default That's what I'm saying...

I think has to be some hookup, thats just way too low.

I think other business would have one heck of a time competing at that rate.

Since the alarm itself is $200.00 at least. Plus 25-50 bucks for that immoblizer.

I doubt any installer would be happy with just $40-$60 profit.

Thats the thing I hate about people who post how cheap they can get stuff. Its not like everyone can get it at that cost.... BRAGING is what it sounds like.
Old 02-18-2005, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^I agree, it was a hookup because they charge 200 for the alarm alone, its the labor on the install thats costs the most
Old 02-25-2005, 10:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jrv2000
I got the clifford responder, also known as the rsx 3.5. Since i am not too familiar with the electrical system in cars, and didn't want to f up my brand new car, i left it to the professionals. The install took them all day (dropped of my car at 9am, picked it up at 4pm) and they charged me 650 total. Since your messing with the starter with this kit, i just didnt feel that i was experienced enough to handle this. My advice owuld be to get it done professionally if your not experienced at this, atleast this way if something goes wrong its the company's fault and they have to fix it for you for free.

Whew $650 is A LOT! I got mine installed for $285 lifetime warranty from the installer
Old 02-25-2005, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RanmaP
I think has to be some hookup, thats just way too low.

I think other business would have one heck of a time competing at that rate.

Since the alarm itself is $200.00 at least. Plus 25-50 bucks for that immoblizer.

I doubt any installer would be happy with just $40-$60 profit.

Thats the thing I hate about people who post how cheap they can get stuff. Its not like everyone can get it at that cost.... BRAGING is what it sounds like.
This was NOT a hook up. It's on San Gabriel Valley Blvd. at an Audio Store called "Kembo Audio"

I was just lucky to find this place in one of those Asian Magazines you get at Ranch 99 haha

It was $285 for EVERYTHING!

Alarm AND Install AND Remote Start.

It's the San Gabriel/Alahambra area, the home of a lot of car crap haha
Old 02-25-2005, 11:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by UCSDPinoy
Originally Posted by jrv2000
I got the clifford responder, also known as the rsx 3.5. Since i am not too familiar with the electrical system in cars, and didn't want to f up my brand new car, i left it to the professionals. The install took them all day (dropped of my car at 9am, picked it up at 4pm) and they charged me 650 total. Since your messing with the starter with this kit, i just didnt feel that i was experienced enough to handle this. My advice owuld be to get it done professionally if your not experienced at this, atleast this way if something goes wrong its the company's fault and they have to fix it for you for free.

Whew $650 is A LOT! I got mine installed for $285 lifetime warranty from the installer
For the area that I live in, that was actually one of the cheapest places, I wish I lived near the San Gabriel/Alahambra area
Old 02-25-2005, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey ucsdpinoy i went to clifford.com and put in the zipcode of kembo audio and they dont show up. are they even clifford certified? maybe that was why it was so cheap. no disrespect.
Old 02-26-2005, 12:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Probably not a "certified" clifford place, but they do a lot of installs on luxury Cars and imports.
Still

$650 for "certified" vs $285 at a great local shop.

People around San Gabriel/Alahambra Area understand.

But hey, as long as you get Clifford, i'm not hating
Old 02-26-2005, 03:22 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Probably not a "certified" clifford place, but they do a lot of installs on luxury Cars and imports.
Still

was the work guaranteed? and have you had any electrical problems ever since? thanks!
Old 02-26-2005, 03:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by romper145
Still

was the work guaranteed? and have you had any electrical problems ever since? thanks!
Guaranteed for life! and had NO problems what so ever.
Like i said, they are pretty known around the area. Lots of people go there, its just not known, just to us Locals know of it
I wouldn't take my car to some ghetto a$s place
Old 02-28-2005, 08:02 AM
5 Year Member

damn i'm heading to the SGV! yo u got a number to the store or address?? One last question did u get the manuals and stuff, u sure it wasn't refurbished or opened?
Old 02-28-2005, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by p_ghost
damn i'm heading to the SGV! yo u got a number to the store or address?? One last question did u get the manuals and stuff, u sure it wasn't refurbished or opened?
Their address is 207 S. SAN GABRIEL BLVD its next to this Nice Rims place, they have a kick a$s SL500 with spinners in there.

Anyways, it's new, as i said before, i'm not gonna go to some crappy place. Yes i did get the manuals, warranty card, receipt and the box too!

ok G'luck.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This was NOT a hook up. It's on San Gabriel Valley Blvd. at an Audio Store called "Kembo Audio"

I was just lucky to find this place in one of those Asian Magazines you get at Ranch 99 haha

UCSDPinoy, I live in the area. I tried looking up the place on yahoo, but I can't find anything. Do you have a business card or a phone number or something? Have you had any problems to this day with the installation? Thanks!
Old 04-14-2005, 06:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey, i work at circuit city, and i am not trying to make a plug, but if you bring all the materials the remote start alarm, keyless entry install price is around 160 for labor, just so all you guys know. And what is the immoblizer everyone is talking about, i am very interested in getting a DEI alarm in my tC but i am just not sure about the keyless entry on the vehical right now. Is this immoblizer bypass something that will work with the existing keyless entry system.

I just think having a key like we do and not function for it is a little silly ya know, and what about the factory scion security system??? how good is that.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fastandcurious

UCSDPinoy, I live in the area. I tried looking up the place on yahoo, but I can't find anything. Do you have a business card or a phone number or something? Have you had any problems to this day with the installation? Thanks!
I believe their number is 626-292-7660. the address is above. k g'luck.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

What do these mean?

Power Lock green to blue - driver kick, 20 pin plug, pin 15
Power Unlock purple to pink (double pulse) - driver kick, 20 pin plug, pin 14

I don't get the "color" to "color" ?
Old 12-04-2005, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member

it means that it will be one of those 2 colors. it varies from car to car.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Moved.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

Default MECP Certified installer! Answer questions and will install

If you are going to put an alarm on this car use the VIPER 791 XV -- much better parts inside the brain... no matter what anyone tells u, the viper line from DEI is way better than the clifford stuff.. you cant get any better than the 791. this alarm gives you the most "add on" features available.. for example back up batteries, Mini Piezo sirens (Highly recommend) - emits a sound at such a frequency that will cause a ruptured eardrum and is used as a pain generator for the inside of your car! i have 4 2 under my dash in my tc and 2 in the back left and right sides of my hatch hidden in the panels.. if u have a 5 speed DO NOT CONNECT THE REMOTE START... yes it is possible... but if u see your car driving by itself its because u left it in gear... True story! happened at my install bay... guy went out to his car... forgot his lunch in the store, forgot he put car in gear before he got out, while he was inside started talking to someone and said to himself, hey its rather cold... maybe ill warm my car up... forgetting he put it in gear... his car reversed by itself out of the spot and went 50 feet across the lot and slammed into a services van. see these alarm brains cause enough RPM's for the car to go into gear without physically pushing the clutch in... i wouldnt recommend hooking it up...

Also with the 791.. u have a range (personally tested) of about a mile and a quarter on a clear day. so you will know what is going on with your car if you are within that range... i have heard the clifford is about a half mile.

Tips about installing :
Set up a direct techs account..
or get in touch with me and ill get you all of the install steps.. i do these alarms almost 5 days a week this time of year

-- place the antenna at the top center of your windshield above ur mirror and push the wires above the headliner and come down the drivers a pillar! this will give you the best signal!

anything else just ask me... i get paid to do this everyday for the past 3 years
Old 12-05-2005, 01:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

and by the way color to color does not mean it will be one of those two.. it means that it starts as a "green" and changes to "purple" -- do not confuse that... also remember to hook up your double pulse....
Old 12-05-2005, 02:08 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why do I have to hook up double pulse? I tagged a wire for lock and wire for unlock in the drivers panel. All doors unlock and all doors lock without double pulsing.

(Not arguing...just trying to see)

Can the alarm be set up to act like the factory alarm? unlock once drivers door, unlock twice for hatch and passenger door?

Quick Reply: Clifford Alarm Install on tC