Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

DIY speaker install????

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 05:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default DIY speaker install????

hello everyone i have a 2009 tc and i'm looking to upgrade all of the speakers including the stock subs but i'm looking for a DIY on how to install front rear and sub..i'm pretty new at this but alot of the DIY i have found on this website really help out i've installed my catback and intake and i'm pretty sure i can do speakers if pics are included lolz..i also wanted suggestions on speakers to buy..i don't have much money to spare because my wife just had a baby and as of now i'm the only one working..i just want something better than stock but nothing over a hundred..i've been looking at 3way eclipse, kicker, mtx speakers (6 and half) for both front and rear..but not too sure yet..i'm planning to replace stock subs with the KICKER 04SSMB6 they are mid bass subs but i'm sure they are better than the 30watt oem subs and they fit in stock locations which is great coz i need space in the trunk for the stroller and baby stuff thanks so much for the help God bless!
Old 10-03-2008, 05:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

teh search?
Old 10-03-2008, 01:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you meant if i've searched for it yes i have for several days now...its super hard finding it especially on this forum because it doesn't have an advance search feature..(or at least i have not figured out to use it)
Old 10-03-2008, 02:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is it not in the tech section?
Old 10-03-2008, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

First of all, there is only one stock subwoofer, in the trunk. I'm not sure what you're referring to by the front and rear subs. And there's likely nothing else that would fit (or sound good) in the stock subwoofer enclosure. If you still want trunk space you're going to have to build or drop cash on an eD stealth box and a new amp for it.

As far as the speakers go, you really just have to buy a baffle to fit the size speaker you have and mount it on there. Doc I makes them (www.doctorisotope.com)
Old 10-03-2008, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by rcf22

As far as the speakers go, you really just have to buy a baffle to fit the size speaker you have and mount it on there. Doc I makes them (www.doctorisotope.com)
yeah, doc i's baffles will work perfectly (i haven't used em, but i made my own)

i rock the infinity kappa's all around, components in the front and coax in the rear. really, you oughtta plan on somewhere like $135 front components and $105 rear coax's, go with something like alpine type s.

Originally Posted by rcf22
First of all, there is only one stock subwoofer, in the trunk. I'm not sure what you're referring to by the front and rear subs. And there's likely nothing else that would fit (or sound good) in the stock subwoofer enclosure. If you still want trunk space you're going to have to build or drop cash on an eD stealth box and a new amp for it.
do you have the bazooka stock sub or the pioneer enclosure that goes under the spare compartment? i modified my stock enclosure to house an alpine type s 10" that i picked up online for $100

i roll with an alpine mrp-m450 under the passenger seat.