Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Double Din Unit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 10:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

pioneer = yes
Old 07-10-2009, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by rangerryda
Surprisingly, the Eclipse HDD Navi units are extremely easy to use in regards to navigation and are only matched in abilities by Alpine based on my experience but I am biased towards the D3. The user interface on all the other features in the Eclipse units are a pita to use but the navi is really easy. I kind of feel that way about Alpine also but the Alpines tend to last a bit longer than Eclipse. I have no recent experience with Kenwood. I've written them out of my book based on prior horror stories but in the world of 12Volt accessories, things change very rapidly so they very well may be top notch now-a-days. As far as auxiliary GPS units go, Garmin is king poop on terd island in my book. Very durable and you can teach your grandmother how to use it in minutes. I used to sell about 3,000 bucks worth of Garmins to elderly people here in Florida before lunch everyday at Circuit City before it went under
And I would hardwire those units you sold on the floor at Circuit City in Charlotte before they went under

However, Kenwood has made a awesome turn around. After using Pioneer for years, since that's all we sold for the most part, and being introduced to the new Kenwood units while Pioneer turned out that F-series, which literally turned out to be the F-series, I won't turn back. Kenwood seamlessly integrated the Garmin navi just like the unit that my Grandmother uses, great for driving, absolutely awesome unit.

As far as Alpine, I refuse to use or buy anything Alpine....absolute garbage these days. 5 years ago I would have been all over it...now I won't touch it except maybe to throw a Pioneer F-series at it.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ya I was an installer as well but business was slow most of the times...hence while they went under and why I had to stand around on the sales floor bored out of my mind... lolz, I miss the roadshop days!
Old 07-11-2009, 06:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
SL Member

hahaha installer here as well. And yes those days of the sales floor drive me insane. Good thing is that I am in charge of all mobile audio so I just delegate what I want done.

I do agree on the previous statement of Alpine. About five years ago I was nothing but Alpine. Then I just watched as their stuff went slowly down hill.