Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...
View Poll Results: What do you think about the new mod??
Fire!!!!!
43.59%
Nice!!
38.46%
So-so
11.97%
Whack!!!
5.98%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Engine Push Start Button Installed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 08:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I bought the button and the wire kit along w/the diagram for about $75 off ebay.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

the location of it is sweet!
Old 04-01-2007, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have also had this doen for almost a year now on my TC in that same spot with the same button i had posted on the forms before about it but was not so hot back then i guess lol! but yes i did the same thing left it so that the key still works in case something happens you still can start the car!

I wired mine my self took a little while to do mine because at the same time we were installing on on my friends RSX type -S and like Mugetsu was saying the TC has 2 wires you have to tap into unlike the hondas have one that took me a while to find out but after i was done worked like a charm and is still working and use it every day. also like Mugetsu was saying even the S2000 for example you still have to place key in turn it one time then push button! so this is not a waste at all! but is a lot of fun and every time new people see it they get such a kick even the dealer was like holly **** that TYTE!

here a picture of mine as well looks real clean in person and the placement fits perfect!
Old 04-02-2007, 04:18 PM
jbo
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Very very cool
Old 04-09-2007, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Interesting.... I would like to get one for my car but it a same concept of a Honda S2000 push button but it won't be s2000 push button, I'm gonna get it from Ignited Performance Original Push Button. It has different colors and it also lighted up so I am gonna buy one that is blue with illuminated and flush mount. You guys can buy it through either two website below:

Auto Toys

Ignited Performance
Old 04-10-2007, 03:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea i looked at those one's as well they look good too. but i just wanted that clean OEM look. plus the S2000 button lights up as well the text "engine start" lights up red.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Pretty sweet
Old 04-10-2007, 04:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Now...how the hack ..the smoker without lighter in hand to light their smoky baby cigarette or even little rolled up w**d? .....haha..anyway great effort..even better if u install it urself...
Old 04-20-2007, 10:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Why didn't you replace the key slot instead of disabling your lighter? I don't smoke, but always charge my phone there so, I would never remove the lighter
Old 04-20-2007, 10:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You would not want to remove the key cylinder...THATS crazy...
I don't smoke nor does anyone IN my car so...
as for charging my phone...if my phone dies then its dead till i get home to charge it. lol
Besides on mine the cig lighter IS still there i just took its spot, i have it tucked under the body panels in case i ever REALLY need to charge my phone in an emergency. but mostly in case i get a G-tech...
Old 04-21-2007, 12:40 AM

awesome job, i love the idea! So is there a way to have the push start without the key or does it require the key also for the validation purpose as stated above?
Old 04-21-2007, 12:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mugetsu
I'v had this for quite some time, also with the official S2K honda button. installed it my self with a simple list of the TC's wire diagram, the location is a no brainer(i even managed to keep the cig lighter socket in case i get a G-tech) i used 2 relays since the TC has both a secondary starter wire AND ignition wire most places just hard wire it in to one.

with mine you CAN NOT start the car with the key, but the key DOES have to be in the cylinder in the ON position. Its a 3 step process: insert key and turn to on position, press clutch, push button.
beleive it or not I'v had 2 people(one was a performance muffler shop owner) come to get me to start the car for them, the shop owner was like "do you have a kill switch on your car?".
I don't wanna offend anyone, but the people saying that having to have the key in the cylinder defeats the purpose of the button are GOOFBALLS! not even cars that come with a start button from the manufac just start by pushing the stupid button(in the most advanced systems the keys have to be at least in your pocket) otherwise any jackass could start your car and take off with it!! duhrr...

also riceburner98...
you would want all electronics(including nav's and headunits)going to ground on start up, its easier on your batt , starter and ignition system in general.
Well bud having your key in your pocket and pushing a button is very different then fishing it out, inserting into the cylinder, and turning it to start the car. People usually have this feature for convenience purposes I think that is why some posters were wondering why he did it. I mean yea he did it for the cool factor, but you can't fault people for expecting him to have installed it for possible convenience, which he didn't.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Onikage
I'v had this for quite some time, also with the official S2K honda button. installed it my self with a simple list of the TC's wire diagram, the location is a no brainer(i even managed to keep the cig lighter socket in case i get a G-tech) i used 2 relays since the TC has both a secondary starter wire AND ignition wire most places just hard wire it in to one.

with mine you CAN NOT start the car with the key, but the key DOES have to be in the cylinder in the ON position. Its a 3 step process: insert key and turn to on position, press clutch, push button.
beleive it or not I'v had 2 people(one was a performance muffler shop owner) come to get me to start the car for them, the shop owner was like "do you have a kill switch on your car?".
I don't wanna offend anyone, but the people saying that having to have the key in the cylinder defeats the purpose of the button are GOOFBALLS! not even cars that come with a start button from the manufac just start by pushing the stupid button(in the most advanced systems the keys have to be at least in your pocket) otherwise any jackass could start your car and take off with it!! duhrr...

also riceburner98...
you would want all electronics(including nav's and headunits)going to ground on start up, its easier on your batt , starter and ignition system in general.
Well bud having your key in your pocket and pushing a button is very different then fishing it out, inserting into the cylinder, and turning it to start the car. People usually have this feature for convenience purposes I think that is why some posters were wondering why he did it. I mean yea he did it for the cool factor, but you can't fault people for expecting him to have installed it for possible convenience, which he didn't.
Correct me if I'm wrong. but don't you do the same process in the S2000... put it into the On position, press the clutch, then press the button..yet I don't hear S2000 owners saying anything bad about having to do this?
Old 04-21-2007, 10:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ICrazyChrisI
Originally Posted by Onikage

also riceburner98...
Correct me if I'm wrong. but don't you do the same process in the S2000... put it into the On position, press the clutch, then press the button..yet I don't hear S2000 owners saying anything bad about having to do this?

exactly and i'm sure the S2K isn't the first car to have this neither, its for fun and show, if your too lazy to get your keys out of your pocket then you probably don't work hard enough to afford a true key less start equipped car anyway... lol

And OniKage BUD i wasn't casing on anyone, i was just stating that to think that some one would make it so anyone "without" the key be able to start YOUR car is foolish.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

mugetsu, first off, kudos on the greddy evo2. I believe that's what I saw n ur pic. I'm online with my phone in the hospital, so everything isn't that clear....in regards to the post about the cigarette lighters, I think some of you are forgetting that the tc has 2 cigarette lighters. I don't smoke and I don't do any long distance driving that may require a charger. I used that spot because it looks clean and convient and I just added the mod for fun. When I start the car, I put the key in, turn to on position, take the car out of gear and then start the car. in that way its convient for me.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wish i still had the EVO2 on, i went and got a header on my car and it ruins the sound of the EVO so now i'm running a BOBO Tsudo N1 lol I'm in the process of figuring out a set up to get the Greddy back on(its sitting in storage didn't have the heart to get rid of it lol).

anyways your right i forgot about the one in the arm rest, and i think people are asking to much of this mod its cool and all, but to go as far as disabling built in security measures like the immobilizer system is a little to much for a silly buttom.

hope your hospital visit wasn't anything to serious nautyblu06, take care...
Old 05-29-2007, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I found the American customs inc kit on ebay for $75. My question is does a second relay HAVE to be installed. It seems like naughtyblu06 just used the kit as is. If i do use two relays will that disable th use of the key?
Old 05-29-2007, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes you can use a single relay and splice both starter wires in to it, BUT i wouldn't recommend that.

to disable the key, you would have to CUT as opposed to TAP the main starter wire and connect it straight to the 1st relay, I'm not sure how and if this would work with one relay...maybe cutting both starter wires?..
Old 08-18-2007, 05:53 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thread revival! I'm great at these
I'm not convinced why one cannot simply replace the key cylinder with the S2K's push button start. My dad has a GS Lexus with smart key, and no kidding, all you have to do is get in the car with the key in your pocket, it senses it and you just push the button and it fires up. The first time I used that I could have had sex with the car, it was that amazing, haha.
SO, I would like to set up the ignition so that you have to unlock the car w/ the FOB. Once the car is unlocked, all you have to do is push the start button 1 time to fire it, when you park it, push the start button one time to shut it down. locking the car with the FOB disables the ignition. Impractical? What the hell do I care? I've done all kinds of crazy $^*t to my car already anyway. And please don't tell me about "someone can steal my car" and "if the FOB dies you won't be able to start it," etc etc. Someone please give a legit concern about why it can't work or post a DIY. Thanks!
Old 08-19-2007, 12:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It can be done, its all in the "type" of "relay's" and "relay system" you use.

the key just has to be near the car to disable the immobilizer system, if you wanna remove the key cylinder and place the button in its place thats all you.

you'r gonna have a hard time finding a DIY for a complex relay system like that, most people want money...good luck.

Quick Reply: Engine Push Start Button Installed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!