Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Flea's interior.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 04:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sweeet! I really need to talk my girlfriend into letting me paint her interior pieces.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, it's unfortunate when a small, obnoxious group ruin it for everybody. Come on people; it's a Scion.
Don't be too picky when somebody is willing to do work for FREE. I have to say, the SL community has
been going downhill since I joined almost 4 years ago. (Already?!!) They expect 'something for nothing.'
I don't blame you for not wanting to deal with the headaches.

As always, the pieces look really clean. Good job.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:21 PM
Banned
SL Member

Yeah it's unfortunate; there is only so much I can do. I got other projects I am working on, such as Corvette DRL tinting, Neon interior paintings, painting my buddy's civic, etc.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:44 PM
SL Member

Hey ken, did you get my PM?
Old 04-27-2009, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

FLEA - Are you still doing that chameleon? Using HOK?
Old 04-27-2009, 10:55 PM
Banned
SL Member

Didn't get the PM. Doing two different versions a House Of Kolors and PPG version.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

flea damn i do love ur work but damn thoes other people that disagree and simply are too picky. are u still willing to work on scions just on some percentage of people that love ur work or simply giving up for good?pm plz
Old 04-27-2009, 11:14 PM
SL Member

Alright, PMing you again!
Old 04-27-2009, 11:26 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

hey flea ill be PMing u tomorrow with the shipping info bro
Old 04-28-2009, 02:35 AM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by HECKZ42
flea damn i do love ur work but damn thoes other people that disagree and simply are too picky. are u still willing to work on scions just on some percentage of people that love ur work or simply giving up for good?pm plz

I'll be honest with you. I love painting people's stuff and I have no problem doing it. What I do hate is the people that say "take your time" and not even 5 minutes later they ask, "are you done yet?". It's paint, you got to let it dry, it cannot be rushed.

The other day I made a stop at my friend's paint store to pick up supplies and there was a guy there that was ____ed that he had to repaint a customers car. The reason why he had to redo it was because the owner of the vehicle was getting impatient and demanding for it to get fixed. As a result he sprayed the base coat and then the clear; about 10 minutes after the base coat. As a result of the paint not drying properly he had gotten a wrinkled/cracked effect all over the vehicle (all because the customer was impatient and rushing him).

There is a SL member on here that lives down south in CA. I did a free badge less garnish and interior paint job for him. Unfortunately when I was buffing the interior I slipped and burnt through the paint on the radio door (easy fix). I still have his radio door and will not ship it back to him because I know for a fact that the FM on the redone door is slightly darker. My offer to him is/was, ship me all the pieces so that they match or don't complain about the variance when you get the radio door. Am I asking too much for his stuff to match? After all it represents my work...not his. I don't want people bashing my work when it can be fixed.

I have no problem continuing to do interiors, garnishes, eyelids, etc for SL; but when people try to say I'll pay you $35 for my interior or garnish to get done, I find it really insulting.

Maybe I'll start doing the garnishes and interiors in different colors and post them for sale on eBay. If that guy who posted his shoddy white/black interior for sale on eBay for $300 and hope someone will buy it, maybe I should too.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:04 AM
Banned
SL Member

HOW TO: Paint Interior Pieces
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=258892
Old 06-27-2009, 06:18 AM
Banned

Wow, cool interior. How do I get a hold of him? He is not answering his messages.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

Originally Posted by FLEA
Sorry guys no more trades or paint jobs. Too many people complained on the free interior paintings I was offering. That was the last straw.
I hate whoever did that. I was in the group for the free interior pieces, and I swear I was about to beat some *****'s down for ruining it. I was ____ed
Old 06-27-2009, 06:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

^ not at you flea, at the guys who complained.

thought I would clarify
Old 06-27-2009, 06:51 AM
Banned

I read somewhere that he did a few of the free interiors. Rosedaleny got his...hope he posts pictures soon.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

yea, he was trying to be a really nice guy, so he set up a lottery for a bunch of guys to get thier interior painted for free. there was like ten of us. the only rule was: don't complain about anything, becuase you're getting it done for free. Then, some douchers decided to be stupid, and understandingly, flea decided not to do any of them. Those hoes ruined it for all of us.

wow sorry, I sound like a PMS'ing teenage girl. Guess I'm just still frustrated.

Flea, it's good to see you're still around. I see you're still turning out excellent work. Good job, and I'm glad you haven't completely lost faith in the scionlife crowd
Old 06-27-2009, 07:44 AM
Banned

Want him to show me how to properly use my HVLP spray gun.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

The guys who complained are idiots.......Kennon charges a more than fair price for the amount of work he is doing.........
Old 06-27-2009, 10:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
SL Member

He did my work and I absolutly love it. And so does everyone that looks at my car. I think my and BZinn1 are the only two with the crimson and black sand pearl. I know I love my interior and wouldnt trade it for anything.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:20 PM
Banned

Well, just read he is no longer coming on here....sucks. What I can't understand is this; if he did a free interior for someone and they put no money towards supplies or anything, what gives them the right to complain?

Quick Reply: Flea's interior.