Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Gumball prepped tC. 56k

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Gumball prepped tC. 56k

So me and my buddies have been working on the best police defense setups in our cars and so far now im running a CB radio to a magnet trunk mounted ant, and a trunking handheld police scanner mounted up on a case logic car storage device plugged into a scanner ant. that is also magnet trunk mounted, they are easily mounted and i can take them off and put them in the trunk when not being used and you can disconect the ant.'s into like 2-3 pieces so you can tuck them into the trunk's cubbies.

The CB is great b/c me and my car friends have them so while doing whatever style driving you do whether it be rally or street racing or going to meets and waht not you can easily communicate w/ other drivers in your group....the CB also comes as a godsend on the highway making it super easy to communicate with the grandfathers of the road lol the truckers....you come on that cb while your on say the turnpike call in for a bear check and any trucker in range will come on and say where they last spotted a police....and whenever they see a police officer they will radio in and warn anyone on teh universal channel (ch. 19)....

The scanner is the newest addition it takes ALOT of tuning.....these things have some serious learning curves but i'm getting much better at it. I did some heavy researching online and now have an extensive list of different police frequencies. i live in miami now so i have all the different frequencies to police departments like gables,pinecrest,Umiami Police FIU Police, City of Miami police, Miami Dade, Homestead, and the Miami Beaches.......so whenever i take road trips i do prior research online and get the frequencies to the departments in that city and whatever i cross on the way....it can store upto 1000 different channels. The better i get at tuning this i will update the only downfall is taht it does not pick up conversations to highway patrol.... the next best thing in scanners out there now is the Uniden makes a nice mounted scanner that only warns you when HP frequencies are active pretty much acting as a detector in a way. But in the end i really love this scanner, its great driving around hearing them run plates to the cars their behind lol and whenever i get pulled over i just scan the frequences to whatever department pulled me over and i hear waht they say about my plates in my car lol. just be sure whenever the cop comes back to your car you quickly disconnect the scanner and place it somwere hidden ie. under the seat. as for radar detectors im using a really lame whistler, and i have a spare one called silver eye or somthing, pretty lame too but not old so it picks up laser K ka pop ... the silver eye gets pop not whilstser. I'm going to be picking up a V1 soon but iv found that whenever i'm on the highway the CB and scanner give me a 2-3 mile heads up on whos infront of me and whats coming up from behind lol.......

mind the terrible grammar but i was rushed while typing this

heres some pics

this is what the antanaes look like outside.......you can get much smaller ones mounted on your windshield (like little stubbies) but these get best distance and they are easily put away so its no issue.

and heres my interior, the scanners above the cupholders and the CB is to the right of my center console

Old 01-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Banned
SL Member

i dont know about everyone else... but that's a little obvious. What if a cop pulls you over and sees all that? Cant/Wont you get in trouble? And it looks kinda dumb too. I know what you are trying to do, but all that effort isn't worth it when you could just drive safer...
Old 01-11-2008, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

those are some big anttenas!
Old 01-11-2008, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

i am very interested in the scanner and the cb
do yu know manufacturer/model numbers and price ?
i have a v1 radar/laser detector right now and want more protection.
i participate in the superstreet tour (nj-atl) and wish to go on more rallies soon.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

very interested in what cb that is and where I can find it?
Old 01-11-2008, 07:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

reminds me of jackass haha. gl man
Old 01-11-2008, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
HaYu Racing
SL Member

i like the big anttenas. hahaha
Old 01-11-2008, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

are you literally prepping for gumball or are you just saying that you have a good enough set up to run the gumball.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What are you all talking about? Those antennas are soooo stealth!

Isn't only (no offense) nice luxury cars in the Gumball? (Ex. Porches, Ferraris, etc.) Not tCs?
Old 01-11-2008, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's part of why I was asking. Although I think it would be bad ___ to make a performance tC reliable enough to take on a race that epic.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:17 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Concept in Motion Crew
SL Member

haha sweet! undercover cop lookin.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Hyghgynx

Isn't only (no offense) nice luxury cars in the Gumball? (Ex. Porches, Ferraris, etc.) Not tCs?
no the reason there wasn't any tC's were because the entrance fee was $72,184 not exactly something most of us have laying around.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:29 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

Originally Posted by Dakine
haha sweet! undercover cop lookin.
That's what I was thinking
Old 01-11-2008, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

Originally Posted by yeldak
Originally Posted by Hyghgynx

no the reason there wasn't any tC's were because the entrance fee was $72,184 not exactly something most of us have laying around.
actually 28000pounds....equates to $54840
Old 01-12-2008, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

is that really making a difference? what tC owner has that kind of money laying around?
Old 01-12-2008, 06:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well you can actually enter in something of our level which is the AKA Rally which my co-worker did with his Evo. There as a Scion Tc that was in the AKA Rally which was actually stock and i tried to find the person that drives it but have no luck yet.

The entrance cost is 3250 for two people
Old 01-13-2008, 05:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i would custom build the antenna so it flows with the back glass and about an inch off. would look better and less noticable. not too hard to do.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry for no responses ill give you guys all part no's and prices later today, but no im not participating in gumball or anything i do take drives to gainsville to see some buddies in UF and theyre all huge rally heads there so we all use these things...id love to do a rally one day, i mean i had the great privilage to meet alex roy and check out his car, and my friend for his birthday gets to go up to NY w/ me and another buddy of mine next month so we can do the alex roy hot lap around manhatten (20 minutes lol)
Old 01-13-2008, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Interesting setup. Where's the next Gumball event going to be at?
Old 01-14-2008, 12:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

while ppl buy s2k antennas to look clean. you try to show cops that ur working against them.

Quick Reply: Gumball prepped tC. 56k