Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

How do MP3 Data discs work in the stock HU?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 06:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by BigDon
does anyone know if there is a way to make an mp3 cd using itunes?
I assume you mean itunes music, if so here...

First burn a regular cd using your itunes songs. Then take that cd which is now in the format of a cd you'd buy at the store and rip those songs back on your computer in mp3 format like you would with a regular cd. You lose a little quality in the sound but most people don't notice a difference.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes go to prefrences then go to advanced and click the option burniny and toggle between the options. one should say mp3 check it and its set. its nice cuz when you put the cd in the car it unlocks the SRT stereo option, whitch all that does is basically makes the bass louder. i like it sounds good to me
Old 07-10-2006, 12:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

TEXT button on the 06 model to show names. in itunes you have to change prefrences
Old 07-10-2006, 02:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dude, don't use nero or any of those weird burner programs. All you need is XP. Put in the blank disc. Click to open a new folder to burn files (as a data disc). Most programs tend to say mp3 disc but they actually are converting the mp3's to cdda format. When using the default windows xp burning you name the folders and files and it'll remember them when you put it into the tC radio. I did that on mine and it works fine. You can leave the session open too and it'll still play in the stereo. (i have an '05, btw). Before you put the files into the temp directory to burn, make sure you tag the mp3's (you can use winamp [ctrl+e or alt+3] or i think windows media player might be able to as well). That way the info will come up on the HUD for the track. (and not show "track2") Also try scrolling through the HUD info. (goes through filename, track name, album name, folder name, and i think a few others)
Old 07-10-2006, 03:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

x2. I don't finalize my mp3 discs and they work fine. I haven't tried to burn additional sessions on one disc yet though, but from what I understand only the first session will play. As for folder names, I might be doing something wrong too, but folder names never show up for me. I don't think they can display. Can anyone verify that they should work? All of my titles, artists, albums, etc work just fine, but the folders always get generic names when I put it in the car. You just have to hit TEXT to change the info displayed on the screen.