Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

HUGE Build thread: eD, alpine, DLS, etc...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yep thats the plan. i'm going to have 2 dashes so i can swap them in and out at will
Old 01-11-2008, 05:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

more sanding and more primering done its really come a long way but sadly theres a lot to go still

lemme know what you think
Old 01-11-2008, 11:52 AM
SL Member

looks good more sanding is needed. keep up the good work!
Old 01-11-2008, 01:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol oh yeah its no where near ready for paint yet probably wont be for another couple of weeks
Old 01-11-2008, 01:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nebster
more sanding and more primering done its really come a long way but sadly theres a lot to go still

lemme know what you think
seems like a lot of work for such a simple project....sure is taking a long time
Old 01-11-2008, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

its not something you can just sit down an do.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you really have to take your time when it comes to sanding
Old 01-11-2008, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh believe me i am. theres nothing more to this piece other than sanding so its just probably another 3 weeks of sanding then i'll ship it to my guy to have it painted
Old 01-11-2008, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Keeshwah
its not something you can just sit down an do.
thats a weekend project.....2 weekends tops. at least it would be fore me anyway...

NOTHING should take 3 weeks to sand. I'm sure you were kidding about that.

its just funny..... all that time and energy.... so you can watch dvd's and play video games in your car.... which you do how often??? unless your are an unemployed student, who has time to sit in their car to watch dvd's and play video games???

you can't do that while driving, and if your at home, wouldn't it be better to play on a screen that you can actually see?

so basically, you're doing all this work so you can park your car in a parking lot somewhere and play video games and watch movies....... +1!
Old 01-11-2008, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

you dont get it

and maybe you coudl get it done so fast because you dont have a life. people do other things tehn spend a whole weekend sanding....
Old 01-11-2008, 05:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC
you dont get it

and maybe you coudl get it done so fast because you dont have a life. people do other things tehn spend a whole weekend sanding....
no kid. you're the one who doesn't get it.

i work full time, 8:30-5, monday-friday. AND i take care of my child half the week. AND i coach a youth soccer team.

i SAID, if i ONLY did this project on the weekends (because thats my only free time) it would take me 2 weekends....TOPS. 1 to fab, fiberglass, and sand, the 2nd to finish sanding and paint and install.

This is NOT a 32+ hour job (4- 8 hour weekend days).
Old 01-11-2008, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

well then you are special. congrats. noone cares. this thread isnt about how fast the amazing sepatc can do it. its about bens build.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC
well then you are special. congrats. noone cares. this thread isnt about how fast the amazing sepatc can do it. its about bens build.
awww..... don't get all buttsore because i criticized your butt buddy. :D (nebster had it coming)

This thread should have been done 2 pages ago.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i sand for maybe an hour a day... i have a gf and a life. so i don't have time to sit and sand all day so sorry. i'd love to see you the professional try and build something like this while working full time, having a gf and not trying to ____ off your neighbor.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i sand for maybe an hour a day... i have a gf and a life. so i don't have time to sit and sand all day so sorry. i'd love to see you the professional try and build something like this while working full time, having a gf and not trying to ____ off your neighbor.
BUILD SOMETHING????? you fiberglassed the mounting bracket for the monitor to the center console!!!!! Not quite what is commonly referred to as "building/fabricating".

I don't have time to sit and sand all day either, besides my full time job, i take care of a 7 year old child (a bit more time consuming that talking to your g/f on the phone).....

for the 3rd time, IF i were doing that project i would ONLY be able to do work on the weekends..... and it would take me no more than 2 weekends to do it. no biggie. i guess i'm just more skilled than nebster. its just not as awesome of a "custom" job as your making it out to be. we don't need updates and new pics every other day when you've sanded for another hour and it still looks exactly the same.

I have to admit, i was impressed with your creativity at the start of the project, but you're dragging it out WAY too long and making too much ado about nothing.

Just FINISH the thing, post some pics and let it die.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

SePaTc sucks

thats all i gotta say! LOL
Old 01-11-2008, 07:39 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by SePaTc
BUILD SOMETHING????? you fiberglassed the mounting bracket for the monitor to the center console!!!!! Not quite what is commonly referred to as "building/fabricating".

I don't have time to sit and sand all day either, besides my full time job, i take care of a 7 year old child (a bit more time consuming that talking to your g/f on the phone).....

for the 3rd time, IF i were doing that project i would ONLY be able to do work on the weekends..... and it would take me no more than 2 weekends to do it. no biggie. i guess i'm just more skilled than nebster. its just not as awesome of a "custom" job as your making it out to be. we don't need updates and new pics every other day when you've sanded for another hour and it still looks exactly the same.

I have to admit, i was impressed with your creativity at the start of the project, but you're dragging it out WAY too long and making too much ado about nothing.

Just FINISH the thing, post some pics and let it die.
Actually we do need updates. Because thats what this site is about. Its a scion enthusiast website. Its to post up what you are doing, want to do, to ask questions how to do and give answers on how to do.
YOU HAVE NOT DONE ANY OF THAT.

What is the purpose of your posts? You dont ask questions. You dont show what you have, or have done. All you do is bash, you have yet to say a single nice thing.
Now I understand if something isnt your cup of tea, say it. We all have opinions, and thats cool. But this thread isnt about if you are a better builder/fabricator than nebster. It is about the progress of his setup.

You question the point of him doing this. Its not so he can sit in parking lots and play games and watch movies. ITS FOR CAR SHOWS!!! Something like this is worth major points at a car show. If thats not your thing, then cool so be it. But it happens to be Nebsters things. So get off his nutz.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Hamster
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

^^ Well put!!
Old 01-11-2008, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nick06tC

to ask questions how to do and give answers on how to do.
YOU HAVE NOT DONE ANY OF THAT.

What is the purpose of your posts? You dont ask questions.
good post. point well taken.

but to answer your question: if i had any questions for these kids, I would ask them. Frankly, there isn't much that a 19 or 22 year old kid knows that someone whose been in the business/import scene for 8 years doesnt' know....

I ANSWER questions.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

not to bust your chops, i love what your doin and looks great! but it looks like its thinned downed at the line parts.. just thought id mention that..

btw im not all radio techobabble informed, is the bottom unit the eq? and the top ones the main headunit?

Quick Reply: HUGE Build thread: eD, alpine, DLS, etc...