Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

I got the Kenwood DNX7100: INSTALLED

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Jman007
How is the Ipod work on this deck, I have the DDX 6019 and it blows, you have to use the disc changer controls to work it so you cant even get to your play list or anything.
The iPod control is top-notch. When you're scrolling up/down you can jump to a position in the list instead of scrolling all the way there. Album art is displayed when playing a song (if you have the art loaded in your iPod).
Old 02-23-2008, 01:21 AM

I am installing this radio as we speak. After installation the cover does not come over the radio very easy. Is this the same for everyone? Also can someone post pics of how they cut the trim to get it to fit. My 07 tc is not working with me very well...Also my unit is refurbished and i went to update my firmware but you need a serial number. When i put it in it says wrong serial number. Could anyone email me this file? all3open@gmail.com

Gary
Old 02-24-2008, 02:21 AM

What you gotta do to fix that is take the unit out and measure it against the stock head unit. measure from the front of the stock head unit to the screw mounting location. take that measurement and compare it to the front of the head unit to thescrew mounting locaations on the new head unit. then compare the difference between the stock hu and the new one and youll see that you need to drill new holes un your factory mounting brackets so drill the holes measuring the difference behind the originals and get that mounted. youll have to grind down the position markers on the mounting brackets. also, the bezel thing that goes on the sides of your hu's faceplate will have the mounting brackets cut off and then epoxied to the hideaway covers frame.