Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Insignia Products

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 03:35 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Insignia Products

So I was looking at the Best Buy catalog today and I saw this deal for 2 12" subs and a 2 channel amp for $129.99 from Insignia. Personally I havent really heard of this brand except that somebody said that it was made by Best Buy itself. Have any of you have any experience with tghis company? I mean the its a good deal, but yet it seems to good to be true. I don't want to spend a hundred bucks on a worthless piece of crap. Can anybody tell me if Insignia is a good company and if it makes good products?
Old 12-17-2005, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Insignia brand is a brand by Best Buy. They don't make it themselves, they buy other ppl's technology and slap their own name on it. Some stuff aren't bad but subs.... I dunno. Go Dynex and Insignia products!
Old 12-17-2005, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

I'd shy away from those....

At that price point... the quality is just TOO low... save a bit... there are some good subs out there at reasonable prices...

Plus, two 12's in a tC are overkill... My two 8's with deadoning and a good amp blow my ears off when I turn them up...
Old 12-17-2005, 05:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is 2 subs in a tC too much? I mean I don't/won't blast my music all the way up, Would you suggest some subs for the tC at a reasonable price. Im probably gettin some for christmas but I don't want to drain all my parents money into my car.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

Time for Mandos! He's always got good advice...
Old 12-17-2005, 06:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Unless you are an employee and getting the employee discount, you'll get reamed if you buy in-house Best Buy products.

For instance, a $200 Insignia TV costs an employee like $70 with their employee discount. Those subs are probably 20 bucks a pop. Moral? Make some friends that work at Best Buy
Old 12-18-2005, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, Best Buy employees get ALOT of discount
Old 12-20-2005, 06:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not always. U got an employee right here. Certain things u get a good employee discount. My department has no employee discount. No apple product, no cell phone. Their all retail price.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Apple products are a given... Cellphones, you are resellers. You sell the service, not the phones. However, you do get discounts on accessories. Same with computers...You get like.. 5-10 bucks off a computer, but you get accessories for dirt cheap! If you don't get a discount on an item, that usually means Best Buy probably makes little to no money on them either. They make their money on selling accessories/PRP(Replacement)/PSP(Service)...blah...off track!
Old 12-21-2005, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member

Don't get the insignia subs that stuff will blow up in a week. I am a Best Buy employee. I have no idea who makes those subs but I can tell you every insignia is cheaper because of a deal dealt with the manufacturer. Now not all of insignia's stuff is bad, but in the case of speakers, spend some money. Yes the mark up on audio products is huge but in most cases the more you spend the more you get. And I do agree, make friends with a best buy employee but don't get him fired for buying you stuff. And I would say 1 10" or 1 12" is plenty for the tc. I heard a good sound from a 10" in an impala ss, but he invested in a custom box $150.00. Trust me well worth it. The subs to get at bestbuy are the alpine type r's or the fosgates. If you want ridiculous bass get a jl. But your gonna pay 500.00. And another note on cheap accessories you will find a lot of accessories on ebay with shipping that will cost about the same as a best buy employee.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Best Buy makes money like every other business. and even if someone thinks the sevice on the audio is cause best buy wants to make money, Yeah they are a little correct but u tell me who nevers blows a speaker or has a deck go bad after the beating we all give our audio systems...... and the insignia audio stuff is made by another company and if u ask the person @ BB should be abe to tell u who....