Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

iPod on SNS100

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 12:11 PM

Default iPod on SNS100

just recently installed the ipod connector kit into my tC with sns100 and for some reason when I click on the iPod button on the menu screen it says "Check connection" but the iPod is working through the SAT function which doesn't work the best. basically the sns100 is seeing my iPod as a xm radio...any ideas, i do not have a manual by the way. and i'm also running the latest dvd from toyota if that makes a difference.

Last edited by Werewolf6410; 05-23-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did you perhaps buy a cable on ebay? I bought one one ebay for my SNS100 and it did that. I would wiggle the connector in the bottom of the iPod and it fixed it. (This was all without a navigation dvd from toyota.) When you connect your iPod it should come up with a click wheel, and look like a iPod. What kind of iPod do you have? There is a certain gen that doesn't really work with it. Sometimes it would just play the music through the headunit and no click wheel on the screen, you could just change the song on the iPod.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:59 AM

i actually bought it directly from the dealership. and my iPod is the 5gen, the one with the video camera. I'm starting to think its my iPod and not the connector. and what is even stranger is even when I'm viewing the XM menu screen with channels and what not, it actually says things like iPod not detected when I disconnect the iPod. also the shuffle function is there via channel preset 5 and "next song" "previous song" through preset button 2 and 3, its really strange but it's not a fully functional setup this way, i have to find a way for it to work through the iPod mode and i'm sure there is an answer somewhere, either a setup through the head unit, or the ipod is incompatible. I'll try wiggling that cord a little to see what happens.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Take it by the stealership, or find a friend with a iPod and try it. I lost my cable, I just use a aux cable.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:03 AM

I'm thinking about getting an SNS100 but I have a question. If I install it in a 2009 tC, will the iPod connection in the center console still work?
Old 05-31-2012, 01:43 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Holy zombie thread batman!!!

On a serious note, I don't see why it wouldn't work. I would call the dealership and ask them for sure. I am going to be completely honest. The SNS100 isn't worth the price unless you get it cheap. Mine came with the car that's why I have it. I would go with a regular alpine or pioneer double din head unit. The navigation DVD you have to have update yearly(If you want it completely update, if not then it doesn't matter.) Other systems should update regularly.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by headlessmunky
Holy zombie thread batman!!!

On a serious note, I don't see why it wouldn't work. I would call the dealership and ask them for sure. I am going to be completely honest. The SNS100 isn't worth the price unless you get it cheap. Mine came with the car that's why I have it. I would go with a regular alpine or pioneer double din head unit. The navigation DVD you have to have update yearly(If you want it completely update, if not then it doesn't matter.) Other systems should update regularly.
Are the Pioneer and Alpine plug and play?
Old 05-31-2012, 01:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have no idea honestly. You could do some research. The SNS100 is plug and play. If you could get a good deal on one it might be worth it.