Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

IS300 Fogs TC just doing some research...[56k no way]

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 12:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's what it looks like shaun did, check the garage shot.

Any light abive 6" (i.e. the height the fogs are off teh ground is basically going to shin in someones face down the road. Also anything above this level makes them totally useless as a fog light.

You could use them as an additional high beam (or drivers light) but we all know that nots why we're doing this isn't it. ;)

I'm flipping. I've seen it done, so it must be possible.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow, great info in here. i need to do this too at some point...but these damn IS300 fogs are expensive...
Old 11-11-2005, 05:53 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ProjectD
Here's another example of how the light cutoff is upside down

This isn't a knock on Shaun, I'm just stating the facts. And the fact is that he didn't flip the projectors at all. If you can show me some wall shots that show that the cutoff is working properly, I'll proceed to stick my foot in my mouth. I compared these pictures with my friend's IS300 and they are nothing like them.

And Su1c1da1, if you post a clear picture of the projectors, I can circle the spots where I drilled.
If you will take a look right in front of the headlight you will see a wire. That is the wire that is running from the fog to the battery. I was test fitting the fogs to see what they would look like, an then realized that they would not work in stock form. Some of the stuff in the original posts was incorrect. I do not remember all of the details with this install, but i do remember the projector not lining up like it did originally, but i was able to make it fit. The bottom line is my light is on the ground and does not shine in to oncoming traffics eyes. The garage pic looks worse than it is since the garage is pitch black. My city lights would light the ceiling up alone, and my nightime picture taking skills are not that great
Old 11-11-2005, 05:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Su1c1da1
here u go projectD...
http://home.comcast.net/~su1c1da1/proj.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~su1c1da1/proj2.jpg

let me know if you wouldl like another angle of the projector.

also, on your thread, you posted that you used some 2ton epoxy? what is that? do i need to get those, where can i get those, etc..
You basically have to drill a hole in the corner across from the B. Its the only corner without an existing hole. You won't need the epoxy, I tried to use the epoxy instead of drilling but it didn't work so I ended up drilling instead.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:43 PM
5 Year Member

ProjectD ure TC looks identical to m BF's IS ..lol ill post up pics later and put them side by side with yours lol....nice fogs BTW
Old 11-17-2005, 01:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ShaunTC
Here's another example of how the light cutoff is upside down

This isn't a knock on Shaun, I'm just stating the facts. And the fact is that he didn't flip the projectors at all. If you can show me some wall shots that show that the cutoff is working properly, I'll proceed to stick my foot in my mouth. I compared these pictures with my friend's IS300 and they are nothing like them.

And Su1c1da1, if you post a clear picture of the projectors, I can circle the spots where I drilled.
If you will take a look right in front of the headlight you will see a wire. That is the wire that is running from the fog to the battery. I was test fitting the fogs to see what they would look like, an then realized that they would not work in stock form. Some of the stuff in the original posts was incorrect. I do not remember all of the details with this install, but i do remember the projector not lining up like it did originally, but i was able to make it fit. The bottom line is my light is on the ground and does not shine in to oncoming traffics eyes. The garage pic looks worse than it is since the garage is pitch black. My city lights would light the ceiling up alone, and my nightime picture taking skills are not that great
Got any wall shots?
Old 11-19-2005, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Baking the fogs now, ready for the projector flip.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well that was easy.

Leather gardening gloves are a lifesaver for this by the way.

I'll post a bunch of pix later.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Got any wall shots?
Project D, do you have any photo's of how yours look, I'd love to see how wall shots should look.

Looking at the projectors, I'm assuming you have to cut of the B tab, because if you flip them they won't fit in the space that's left.

I'm alos going to look at whether switching them left and right as well as flipping could be helpful.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well so far so good.

Baked removed the lens

removed the projector housings and flipped

first tried to line up the anchor screw with the adjustment hole, but that doesn't fit.

So i drilled two new holes (tip: use the smallest drill bit you can with that screw, the OEM holes are much bigger than they need) I was able to put in two new holes at the top, screwed them back in, test to see if the lens lines up and bingo.

They are currently baking to get them soft for re assemble.

pix to come.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ill take some pics as soon as i get home from work tm
Old 11-21-2005, 11:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

kool
Old 11-21-2005, 12:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OK managed to uninstall my hella fogs yesterday and I started thinking about how I'll install these.

For this example lest say we're sat in front of the right hand scoop.

OK, from what I see holding the fog to the housing you will have to remove much of the scoop on the right hand side and some near the top.

Ideally I'd like to make it so the gap that is left if you look into it will not look tooo shabby, and Ideally I'd like to have some way to adjust these once they are in (when I installed the hellas I was maybe an inch above horizontal with the cutoff at about 20' but of course that equates to straight in some poor sods eyes at 200 feet so I was always being flashed and had to adjust. I do not want to screw up and discover I've epoxyed them in at the wrong angle.

So here is my plan.

I want to make use of the two anchor points on the (looking at the flipped right hand fog) left hand side of the body of teh fog. But this is where the gap in the scoop will be.

So I'm thinking I will make an L bracket out of some metal, bolt that to the base of the scoop with the vertical on the left (by the gap) that way I can slide teh fog into the gap and attach the L bracket to the OEM holes on the fog. (if I make the holes in the L bracket horizontally wider, and use a washer I can then adjust the tilt for targetting.

The biggest issue with this though is finding a bolt that will fit in the gap, fit in the OEM bracket and be short enough that I can bolt it up.

Any thought?

(I'll try to get pix up of what I'm talking about tonight).
Old 11-21-2005, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Limey, if you can get pix of where you drill the holes, and the drill bit size you used, that would be great.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sure I'll pop some up tonight.

It was dead easy.

Bit size, I just held them up against the screw until I found a good match, I'll check in my tools and see if I can see the one I used.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

limey, did something go wrong with the hella's or you just wanted the is300 fogs more?

Let me know before it's too late!
Old 11-21-2005, 11:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by gcxandy
limey, did something go wrong with the hella's or you just wanted the is300 fogs more?

Let me know before it's too late!
No issue at all, but the hellas were always a temp measure (they were cheap).

I prefer the IS look, more fitted and with the lens, plus theya re 9006 so I can upgrade to a standard HID. The hellas were good but only H3 so the light output wasn't great.

Plus Mr bridge was selling them at a steal, and I had some spare cash.[/i]
Old 11-21-2005, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Drill bit was 11/64

And ys they are slightly off angle, but I over compensated for what i thought looked like an future install angle - we'll see.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks nice, but too much work. lol

install time 2 hours
Old 11-24-2005, 06:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

man i so want these but i do not want to cut into my bumper. even if i get over the cutting of the bumper, i need to see it first hand before i can attempt this though

great mod btw.

Quick Reply: IS300 Fogs TC just doing some research...[56k no way]