Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Just got Alpine IVA-W200 touchscreen installed...

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by heyitznosaj
My friend just got one of these put in his lexus gs and I must say, it is a beautiful HU. The only issue now if that we can't find the shuffle setting for the ipod support. It's practically impossible to dig through like 1,000+ songs to find the exact one you want to listen to while you are driving though.
Shuffle is the button that looks like an infinite sign (sideways . It takes a second after you touch the button and then it will say "M.I.X. Songs" on the display.

Just installed the IVA-W200 as well and it's awesome. I have the SIR-ALP1 Sirius Tuner, the IPOD cord, and the bypass is on it's way. The stock speakers sound awesome with this thing and I haven't even installed my amps yet.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:46 PM
5 Year Member

Default Re: Just got Alpine IVA-W200 touchscreen installed...

Originally Posted by YoungGunner
I would have posted pics but the camera is acting crazy and I don't feel like messing with it.... sooooooo.... I will give you my first impressions.... this unit looks absolutely B-U-TI-FUL.... I ordered the trim kit somebody said you would need but you don't... no gaps on side... 1st big noticeable change... SOUND... the stock speakers sound 20 times better than the used too... 2nd big change... iPOD search.. this unit works SO MUCH better... jump from A to Z in a touch.. gotta love it... I downloaded some wall papers from the alpine site that look exactly like orange LED lights in the car... no need to change them....

DVD picture and sound look great... hadn't had much time to mess with this... I'll let you know....

1-10 rating.... 100
How did you do it without using the METRA kit to fill in the gaps on the sides? Did you use the Alpine trim that came with the deck?
Old 07-21-2006, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member

Yep... used the alpine kit... I will take pics later....
Old 07-21-2006, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member

Did you drill new holes in the factory brackets to set the deck back a bit?
Old 07-21-2006, 11:41 PM
5 Year Member

I didn't install it (I know I should have but I didn't)... I just told the installer what to do... he said he didn't drill holes in the factory bracket but just moved it back some... I will take pics of the inside when I change out the speakers and put it in the rest of the system so I we can see exactly what he did...
Old 07-22-2006, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have this unit too. Best looking unit ever, easy to install, very good sound quality, very expandable, works with radio door, best ipod control, what more can you ask for? this is the best match for the tc imo. i have only one small gripe, the remote buttons are small and not that sensitive but the touchscreen makes up for it. get this unit if you are thinking about it.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I work for Best Buy and I got the unit installed in my car the first day we got it in the store and I must say, I love the unit for the most part. I had a bad unit at first. All the preouts we're bad so got another one swapped out and it works perfect now. If you guys want, I can go rip my unit out and take pics of what exactly has to be drilled or screwed into. Just let me know. There is only one complaint, I cannot control the door speakers bass sepreately from the subwoofer. That is getting annoying really quickly. I have thesub at 15, remote half way up, and I still have to set the bass at +2 when I want -2. Grrr but I'll get over it. As for the override switch, you can use 2 toggle switch and just ground them out but the combination becomes tricky.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

with all the ipod improvements this unit has, does it support video playback from the 5g video ipods?
Old 07-25-2006, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nope, dvd video is better anyways.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

true dat!
Old 07-25-2006, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cheapest I find it for is like 800 shipped......where did you get it for so cheap?
Old 07-26-2006, 06:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

A Friend at Best Buy... or work for them, or in my case, know someone who builds them. Cost plus 5 percent.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jspec
here is only one complaint, I cannot control the door speakers bass sepreately from the subwoofer. That is getting annoying really quickly. I have thesub at 15, remote half way up, and I still have to set the bass at +2 when I want -2. Grrr but I'll get over it.
i think that can be fixed. i'm going to purchase this unit soon (as long as i can find it for $700 or less) so i was reading the instruction manual online and found something on page 40 that might help. this unit has a crossover adjustment and it sounds like you can set the cutoff for the front speakers so that you can limit the low frequencies without affecting your sub. try it and let me know if it works because i don't want to have the same trouble.

by the way, do you happen to have the factory sub? i wonder if i'll be able to wire my factory sub into this unit. anyone?

http://www.alpine-usa.com/images/pro...M_IVA-W200.pdf