Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Leather as option from dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 01:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Leather as option from dealer?

My brother is considering getting a tC but he wants leather as a factory option. Scions website doesnt show it, but I believe toyota has trim levels for Scions now that their sold in all dealerships and im pretty sure leather is available. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 11-04-2006, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah most dealers either outsource to local upholstery shops or they order Katskinz kits and install them for you.
Old 11-04-2006, 02:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

The Family
SL Member

it would be cheaper just to go have it, the dealer chargers extra to cover the cost of the install and to make some $$$ for them
Old 11-04-2006, 02:13 AM
5 Year Member

I just brought my new 2007 Scion tc, and my wife wanted a leather seat. Yes the dealer have that option, but it's not on the website. You have to ask for it. Leather seat cost us $1399.00. But the only thing that will not be leather is your arm rest and 2 side on the back. Front doors and all of the seats will be leather.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yup... it's an option from the dealer. It was demonstrated on the 30k tC my dealer had on display when I bought mine... basically I suppose just a "concept" that had essentially every single option. Leather was pretty nice, though.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sangnoy
I just brought my new 2007 Scion tc, and my wife wanted a leather seat. Yes the dealer have that option, but it's not on the website. You have to ask for it. Leather seat cost us $1399.00. But the only thing that will not be leather is your arm rest and 2 side on the back. Front doors and all of the seats will be leather.
The dealer I bought my car from did the seats, both front door inserts, the rear panel inserts and the arm rest for $1100 + $500 for heated front seats. They came out perfec too. I wish I didn't break my digital camera or I would take pictures.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:41 AM
5 Year Member

oh really? your lucky!!! i asked the dealer if they going to do the whole thing leathers... but they said no... it would been good if they do the whole thing for me. my scion is still in the dealer to put accessories added. i guess i have to wait and see tomorrow morning when i got pick up my scion from the dealer.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You could always do the panels yourself. I'm no upholstery expert, but it doesn't seem that hard. Pop off the panels and look at what it would take to do.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:05 AM
5 Year Member

i probably not going to mess with it yet. hopefully i'll find a shop somewhere in seattle and get it done. i want to see your leathers... show the pix when you can
Old 11-04-2006, 04:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I post them as soon as I can. I'll try to borrow a camera this weekend and snap some pictures.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:08 AM
5 Year Member

cool let me know when you post them up.. thx
Old 11-05-2006, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had mine done by Auto Trim in Lynnwood. They did the seats, front and rear panels, and the armrest. Also, got the seat heaters.

www.autotrimseattle.com
Old 11-05-2006, 06:19 PM
5 Year Member

I might have to check out Auto Trim. There's one in Southcenter also. I just got my car back from the dealer and they only did the seats and arm rest! they didn't even bother to do the side panels for front and back
thanks for the info Jrussell
Old 11-05-2006, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Basically the dealer just buys a leather kit from some other place and installs it for you and charges you up the butt. Or they just bring it to a local shop and have them install some leather for you and again, charge you up the butt. Buy a kazskin kit for around $500, install yourself, profit.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
MN Scions

Leather is not a factory option on any Scion. It can be done, but is done aftermarket, either by the dealer or by an outside vendor.

I have used both Katzkin and Classic Soft Trim leather. Both are nice kits, and they fit the cars very well. The trim is a little different between the two, but both have always covered the door panels as well as all seat surfaces. Prices can vary quite a bit, depending on grade of leather, and upcharges like perforated leather, glove leather, two tone inserts, top stitching, etc...

I have the Tuscany Leather from Katzkin in my show car. It is black with red topstitching, and it is BEAUTIFUL...

I have done lots of business with Auto Trim at Southcenter. They do a great job. I HIGHLY recommend them. Jeff, I am glad to hear you are still adding things to your white tC! I bet it looks awesome...
Old 11-06-2006, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey Kelly, How are you?

I am DONE adding things to my tC now (bought a house...no more money!).

I second Kelly's recommendation for Auto Trim. I have no hesitation in recommending them. They did a great job and have stood behind their work.

Jeff
Old 11-06-2006, 05:08 PM
ehj
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You'll probably spend about $1,500 just to put leather on your car. I don't know if there are still any RS2s that haven't been sold yet, but definately tell your dealer to look for one for you.

The RS2s are about $1,800 more expensive than regular tC but you get the kick as$ color, alcantara/suede seats, side curtain airbags, XM/iPod connection/sub woofer stereo.

I haven't met anyone that doesn't like the RS2's seats, maybe a couple of green eyed people but they don't count.

The RS2 is a great value. The side curtain airbags alone are about a $650 option (excluding installation).

Tell your dealer to look around, I found mine at a dealerships outside civilization. I didn't mind the 60 mile drive. I also saved a little bit because tax was a little lower at that part of the world ;)
Old 11-07-2006, 01:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i would like to see dealer installed red leather interior
they have it right?
i wanted to get it but too $$$$..
Old 11-07-2006, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by gomdangie
they have it right?
When I selected my leather seats, they had a ton of different colors of Toyota leather samples to go through. I'm pretty sure red was one of them because the salesman recommended I go with orange with yellow accent seats, as a joke of course.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by gomdangie
they have it right?
Every dealer will be different, as we said most will outsource it to a local shop to put some leather onto it. It would be the same as buying a katzkin kit and installing it yourself, but saving the $100s the dealer will charge for labor.

Quick Reply: Leather as option from dealer?