Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

look what i did...(with my 13w7)

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 03:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default look what i did...(with my 13w7)

well i thought i would get some more bass out from my sub if i kicked it up towards the window. but dam, more than i expected.

BEFORE...

AFTER...

are you ready for it? i'll be at the upcoming shows in houston, so you houston peeps better be ready...
Old 03-13-2006, 03:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya i know, the cosmetic look is not all that good. but its only temporary. just tryin to get more bass.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

well... it looks better pointing at the back.. but bass is all about reflection... so ... hells yeah... it should pound pretty damn hard...
Old 03-13-2006, 06:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cough....have it custom built into the floor....end cough :-D
Old 03-13-2006, 11:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tweetertc
well... it looks better pointing at the back.. but bass is all about reflection... so ... hells yeah... it should pound pretty damn hard...
ya it did look better, but i had to do it cuz im entering some sound competitions, and i really want to beat the other guys big time.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by honey0bucket
cough....have it custom built into the floor....end cough :-D
that's what i was planning on doing, but all modding is on hold right since i quit my job. so i dont wanna to fork out the money for a custom enclosure cuz i dunno how long i'll have to sit on the cash i have.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks for the idea. i want to have the subs pointing upward in my supra once i build a better box. i'm still debating on what to install in my scion.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh i know how that goes....i havnt been to work in over a week, because we have no work...so yeah..it blows i dont have any money to get my 12inch MTX 8500 put in the floor. so im just passing time till it happens..blah
Old 03-13-2006, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So please tell us, what exactly were the dB/SPL differences at various frequencies, pointing up versus rear?
Old 03-13-2006, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nodsetse
So please tell us, what exactly were the dB/SPL differences at various frequencies, pointing up versus rear?
i dont know yet. i havent got it metered it yet. but i can tell you and everyone who has listened to it after i did this that the bass is a lot more deeper. but i should have the numbers by next monday.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

, that'll be valuable info.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

What did you get all those trophies for? The car looks pretty stock (aside from the audio obviously). Not trying to hate.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Darkness
What did you get all those trophies for? The car looks pretty stock (aside from the audio obviously). Not trying to hate.
i have a lot of things done on my car. check out my profile to see what they are. but all those trophies are for my sound system.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member

hmm...not to sound like im bashing, but 3 pulleys, an intake and header arent a LOT of things...

the system im sure sounds pretty decent, but it looks pretty....plain? What is your port tuned at and what kinda amplification you got goin to it? ...anything else system wise or just the sub?
Old 03-14-2006, 07:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This setup must hit so hard.. It hurts my ears looking at it..

What type of amp(s) are you using to push it?

I have a 12w1 in my tC and it sounds MUCH better facing towards the glass (the way you have it now).. however, the glass roof & hatch vibrate alot more facing it that way..

You can't really hear the vibrations in the car but on the outside when you have the windows up, you can really hear some buzzing coming from the top of the hatch.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by BobbyBling
hmm...not to sound like im bashing, but 3 pulleys, an intake and header arent a LOT of things...

the system im sure sounds pretty decent, but it looks pretty....plain? What is your port tuned at and what kinda amplification you got goin to it? ...anything else system wise or just the sub?
He has more mods then your Scion, Ohh wait we all do.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i thought i said to check out my profile? do i need to copy and paste for you?

Audio Mods
Kenwood DDX-7015 HU, 2 Necvox 5.6" headrest screens, Focal 6.5-inch Component Speakers (front), Stock Rear Speakers w/ Eclipse 4Ch. Amp, JL Audio 13w7 sub w/ JL Audio 1000/1 amp, Rear Hatch & Tire well Dynamated.
Body Mods
Black Billet Grille, VisionX 8000k H.I.Ds, Hyper White Turn Signals & High Beams, Red 3rd brake light overlay, TRD Brake Pads, Black Calipers, Clifford RSX 3.5 Alarm w/ Remote Start, Black Console, Black Leather w/ TRD Embroidery in Headrests, Redline Tuning Hood Strut, JDM Foglights, Carbon Fiber Eyelids.
Power Mods
NST 20% Underdrive Crank Pulley, NST 20% Overdrive Alternator Pulley, NST Lite Water Pump Pulley, Optima Redtop Battery, TRD Exhaust, Injen CAI (black), DC Sports Ceramic 4-1 Header.
Suspension Mods
Tein H-tech Springs, Hotchkis Front Strut Bar.

pretty much you are bashing on my car. get a tC, then you can say i dont have alot of things. every mod takes time and money. so every little mod counts.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DouBLeJ16
This setup must hit so hard.. It hurts my ears looking at it..

What type of amp(s) are you using to push it?

I have a 12w1 in my tC and it sounds MUCH better facing towards the glass (the way you have it now).. however, the glass roof & hatch vibrate alot more facing it that way..

You can't really hear the vibrations in the car but on the outside when you have the windows up, you can really hear some buzzing coming from the top of the hatch.
pushin a JL 1000/1. lol, my friends hate sittin in my back seat. they can feel the pain...lol
Old 03-14-2006, 09:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OWNEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Old 03-15-2006, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by L4rry_B1rd

OWNEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
actually i focal components all around with a eclipse amp pushin them. also a Kenwood DDX-7015, and 2 5.6" screens in the headrests. so the SUB is not the only thing i have.

Quick Reply: look what i did...(with my 13w7)