Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

major loss of bass with new headunit

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default major loss of bass with new headunit

hey so i recently bought a new sony xplod headunit because it had an aux input. so i get it installed at a nearby shop, but find a drop in bass.

i have a 2005 scion tc and had the stock headunit and when i switched the SSP to feel, i could really feel the bass and it was good enough (for me). but with this new headunit, the bass feels nothing close to the original headunit. ive also set the settings on the headunit to the highest level, still no good. any ideas how to fix this?

here is the HU i bought: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-1yzDLld...CDX-GT340.html

Old 07-06-2010, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

turn the loudness feature on and put the eq on xplod and see if bumps abit more and then just raise the bass on it, i've worked with a few sony xplod radios and have comed across another eq setting feature but i would have to have the radio infront of me to get to it as i don't remember by memory as i have an alpine HU but i hope the first sentence helps.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

This could also be a phase problem, you can check this by setting balance to one side of car and see wht kind of bass you have. Then as you return your balance to center see if the bass goes away. If not it is eq settings in deck. try not to use loudness LOL still cant belive this old home audio option is still in car audio today.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^thanks
yea i put the eq to xplod, turned on loudness and played around with some of the settings and it bumps a bit better, but not like the oem headunit.

i called up the shop that installed my deck and said its normal...he said i would need a sub, amp, etc to get the bass.

i was thinking maybe something is up with the wiring? lol sorry but im a noob with car audio so im jus throwing stuff out there.

anyone else?