Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

My Factory Alarm is going CRAZY!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 04:03 AM

Default My Factory Alarm is going CRAZY!

Hello SL, I've been a lurker here for quite some time. But now i need serious help. I have an 2006 rs2 tc. I recently disconnected my battery because i did an underdash lighting install and reconnected it. Now my factory alarm goes off everytime i try to unlock it. I end up have to put the key in and start it. But, it gets worse. Just now that same thing happened and my car wouldnt start and the alarm kept going off. So i disconnected the battery. Ive searched and searched but couldnt find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:57 AM
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

For some reason I don't remember my tC coming with an audible alarm, I may be wrong...Did you buy the car used, if so there may be an aftermarket alarm on it and it was never armed until you reset it by disconnecting the battery, check under your steering column and see if there are any extra control boxes or wire that look like they don't belong...

Someone tell me if I'm right or wrong about the stock "alarm" being audible...I have a feeling that it was on a keyless entry...But it has been over a year and a half since I lost it...
Old 09-19-2009, 05:25 AM

I have looked under the steering column and yes there is a black box with a bunch of wires going to it. On the box it says guardian cpl-100. I googled and researched but cannot seem to find and good information. I did buy the car used. So this is an aftermarket alarm? What should i do from this point? I will call the tech support taht is on the system, but help from sl would be great.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:41 AM
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Yep, you have an aftermarket alarm on it...

http://www.propertyroom.com/itemdetails.aspx?l=6293545

You need to take it back to the dealer you bought it from and tell them that there is an aftermarket alarm on it and they need to remove it since they never told you about it and sometimes it prevents you from starting the vehicle...

And update us on what happens...
Old 09-19-2009, 05:54 AM

Ah, well is there anyway i can take out the alarm? would disconnecting all the wires that run to the alarm box itself work? I mean, having an alarm is better than no alarm. Thanks for the input.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:57 AM
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

You can try to disconnect the box, but if you do, make sure you can reconnect it, just in case that doesn't work, apparently it has a kill switch installed, and whether that is in the control module or external I don't know, but yeah go ahead and disconnect all the wires that lead to that box and see if that works...And try to do it properly by following all the wires and removing them all from the vehicle, that is the only way to make sure you remove it completely...
Old 09-19-2009, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

but sometimes isnt it like if you disconnect your alarm or sumthin you wont be able to start your car or somethin?
Old 09-19-2009, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by 08superwhitetc
but sometimes isnt it like if you disconnect your alarm or sumthin you wont be able to start your car or somethin?
yes thats true. I have called and they told me not to dissconnect the alarm because then the car would not start. Instead, there is an overide button that i was told to hold down and start my car. To keep the annoying horn from going off, i simply disconnected the horns. Car alarms are troublesome. At this point I'd rather the car not have come with an alarm. Thanks for the help.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:08 AM
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

You need to tell them that there is an aftermarket alarm installed on the car and that they need to remove it, it's their responsiblity to give you a car that is not malfunctioning...
Old 09-20-2009, 03:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You need to find your VALET SWITCH. There should be two wires on a separate harness coming off of the black box (usually grey/white or grey/black) and on the end (which is usually hidden from thieves) there should be a small button or switch. Once you have found this, re-connect your battery, insert your key to the run position and press and hold the valet switch/button for a few seconds at a time until the car STFU. Your alarm obviously has an immobilizer built in so that can actually give you a discount on your insurance Good luck!
Old 09-20-2009, 03:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If the valet switch/button doesn't work, snip the switch or button off and just touch the bare wires together for a few seconds at a time. It is not uncommon for these switches to break or fail.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:29 AM

hey i worked at a dodge dealership using this alarm its the guardian cpl 100 made by code alarm! go ahead.. take all the wires out! u will have to remove the dash just remember where everythig goes! the reason ur car wont start is the starter wires! they are a lil thicker then the rest and are purple and purple red! reconnect the wire that they are attached to and ur car will start! and ur alarm is just probably too sensitive! if u need more info or help feel free to contact me at numbr09@yahoo
Old 09-22-2009, 09:33 AM

oh and the emergency overide button should be located by ur knees if ur sitting down in the driver seat! put in the key and turn it to the on position and press the button that is behind the led light and then turn ur car on! but u will eventually need to get that alarm taken out or adjusted!