Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

My new system setup (FINISHED)

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Hyghgynx
Sorry to be off-topic, but do you need to buy speaker brackets in order to install the new speakers? Or is it simply remove stock speaker and install new one? The reason I ask is Polk has a deal where you buy one set of speakers and get a second set of speakers 1/2 price. (Through 06/20/06.) I was looking at the Polk db650s. Thanks.
yea, crutchfield sells some but their plastic and suck. Ive made me some out of MDF wood which is the same wood you use to make a subwoofer box! Im selling some on ebay right now.

6.5" speaker MDF spacers/baffels
Old 05-24-2006, 01:45 AM
5 Year Member

that box is quite impressive. i really like the styling of it. are you making it yourself or do you have someone helping you.. also is it made for the specs of the speakers?
im still in the process of finishing my trunk, but i still have about 15 hours of break in time left on the speakers before i can fully tune them. the box i have is built to the speakers specs, heres 2 photos of the install as it sits now. please note the facials are not made yet, this is because im waiting to tune the box then we will make the facials.
Yes we are having someone do it and its supposed to work out with what we ordered.... We get the subs in thursday so we still have to make sure theres enough air space.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TeeCee06
that box is quite impressive. i really like the styling of it. are you making it yourself or do you have someone helping you.. also is it made for the specs of the speakers?
im still in the process of finishing my trunk, but i still have about 15 hours of break in time left on the speakers before i can fully tune them. the box i have is built to the speakers specs, heres 2 photos of the install as it sits now. please note the facials are not made yet, this is because im waiting to tune the box then we will make the facials.
Yes we are having someone do it and its supposed to work out with what we ordered.... We get the subs in thursday so we still have to make sure theres enough air space.
what kind of wood is that, from the photos it looks like 1/4 particle board, if it is i dont recommend using that. gotta use 3/4 particle board or mdf.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:57 AM
5 Year Member

This is the headunit, i like it but they are gonna have to fix the door that covers up the stereo to where it goes back in the console a little farther, if that doesnt work we are gonna have to just take it out completely
Old 05-24-2006, 01:59 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by pollup
what kind of wood is that, from the photos it looks like 1/4 particle board, if it is i dont recommend using that. gotta use 3/4 particle board or mdf.
I have no idea but this guy knows what hes doing..... its either 1/2 or 3/4
Old 05-26-2006, 12:52 AM
5 Year Member

Actually the subs are Pioneer Premier TS-W126DVC
12" 1000W Dual 2/8-Ohm Subwoofers.... i thought we were getting pioneer but it was pioneer premier and we got Pioneer TS-A1671R 6 1/2" 3-Way 220W Front Car Speakers becuase we ordered 5 1/4 for the rear and never got front ones for some reason
Old 05-26-2006, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh yeh heres an updated picture i just got

This is completely professional
I knew I would see my system on here!!! I cant believe you stole my ish......LOL
Old 05-26-2006, 11:43 AM
Banned
SL Member

Default Re: My new system setup

Originally Posted by nodsetse
Will this be a good setup? I dont know ANYTHING about audio & video so ill ask you guys

Pioneer AVH-P5700DVD Headunit
2 - Pioneer TS-W306C 12" 1000W 4-Ohm Subwoofers
1 - Pioneer Premier GM-7150M Power Mono Amplifier with 800 Watts Max. Power
1 - Pioneer Premier GM-6150F 4-Channel 600 Watts Power Amplifier
And - Pioneer TS-A531P 5-1/4" 3-Way 180W Car Speakers
That'll all work fine, don't worry. The mono amp will provide adequate power for those subs, no need to get something different. You might consider changing the speakers in your list, stay away from 3-way "triaxials", component satellites would be best, followed by coaxials with swivel tweeters. Should sound fairly decent if tuned correctly.
i concur with everything. That amp will be FINE for your setup. And NO 3 ways! components (separate woofer and tweeter) are the way to go if you want good Sound Quality.

i don't know why someone recommended you get a 4 channel amp to power the subs?!!! if its a 2 channel, you can bridge it and run the subs in parallel to get the most power out of it. IE. a pos terminal from one channel powers all the pos terminals on both subs (all + voice coils)
Old 05-26-2006, 02:44 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

I'm pretty sure he's using the mono amp for the subs. The 4 channel, possibly bridged to the 3-ways?

I'd agree though, get some components. 99% of the time much better than a 3-way. Plus, you want to get 6 1/2's not 5 1/4's. You'll get a better midbass response from a larger driver, and 6 1/2's fit just fine in a tC.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:00 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by Yanki01
well for those subs, the amp should be around 3-400Wx4 @ 4ohm.
?
Old 05-26-2006, 03:04 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by 2LoTc
Originally Posted by Yanki01
well for those subs, the amp should be around 3-400Wx4 @ 4ohm.
?
HAHA...there it is...totally missed that one.

Can I have a 400x4 amp?

That's be awesome...but I'd imagine wider than the back of a tC
Old 05-26-2006, 05:36 PM
Banned
SL Member

heh heh... yeah that'd be one nice amp to have around..
Old 05-26-2006, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member

Oh well... it couldnt be too bad.... Im not really worried about it because i know itll be better than what i had before... which was nothing
Old 05-28-2006, 04:42 AM
5 Year Member

Its just about finished, it sounds & looks great... ill have some pictures tomorrow
Old 05-28-2006, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member

Heres a picture from the back... it might look a little dirty and kinda wierd around the edges of the plexi glass but we can fix that. The plexiglass is pretty much just a cover for anything i want to put in there.... its also lit up but not in the picture

Heres another one but the camera sucks and made it looks almost black and white

Here is one with the seats up.... the amps are hidden behind the seats whenever they are up... they were kinda big so we couldnt fit them in the back

We still have to put plexiglass and a small fan over the amps so they dont overhead and do a couple other small things but overall its pretty much finished... we are also probably gonna switch to the Avic-D2 head unit so the door thing on the dash will flip down
Old 05-29-2006, 12:01 AM
5 Year Member

Heres a better one i just took
Old 05-29-2006, 01:02 AM
Banned
SL Member

looks GREAT bro! congrats and enjoy. I actually want to do something like that setup with my 2 tens. Give me a little trunk space.

Is one of those amps for comps, or one to each sub??

so theres a fan behind that plexi? and did u rip that scion emblem off the car???
Old 05-29-2006, 02:20 AM
5 Year Member

The mono amp runs the subs and the other one runs the components

And tomorrow we are going to put a big square piece of plexi glass that is going to cover the amps that are behind the seat and cut a square in the middle of it to place a fan so they wont overheat and air can exit from the space.

My dad runs a car dealership so they had a few emblems laying around.... :-)

Tonight im painting the edges of the plexi glass black because when its up against the black carpet it shows up white and it looks like crap... ive already got one half of the side painted im just waiting for it to dry so i can finish it up
Old 05-29-2006, 06:21 PM
Banned
SL Member

nice. little rough around the edges (ie. scion emblem doesn't look centered, screw holes in the plexi) but i'm being real nit picky here.

Thats def a nice clean install. Now all you need to do is swap out those pioneers and drop some beefier subs in there.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2LoTc
nice. little rough around the edges (ie. scion emblem doesn't look centered, screw holes in the plexi) but i'm being real nit picky here.

Thats def a nice clean install. Now all you need to do is swap out those pioneers and drop some beefier subs in there.
dont think he can go much beefier, its a sealed box. wont be but so loud.

Quick Reply: My new system setup (FINISHED)