Notices
Scion tC 1G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Need help with sparco seats.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Need help with sparco seats.

I just got a set of sparco seats and did not do enough research into them before buying that I have top ask you guys this question to anyone that knows.

Anyone know how to mount my harness so I can have a seat belt apparatus? or if possible keep my factory seatbelts? I was looking at my stock seat belt and it is connected into another wire with it's harness that goes further into the seat, probably intoi a sensor(am I right?)

Any ideas? They are Sparco Torino2 in red if anyone wants to know.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mmm Sparco Torino 2s, sexy as hell.

Sorry I cant help you, but I can sure congratulate you on the nice seats.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

The buckle section on both your stock seats will unbolt off the seat,when you get the new seat frame that bolts to the floor,Weapon R sells them the buckle part remounts to it with a new bolt you get at hardware store with lock nut.

What year tC is it going into as then you have sensors in the stock seats to contend with for position,airbags,and person in the seat,each year has a differant procedure to one degree or another....
Old 03-24-2009, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by BZinn1
The buckle section on both your stock seats will unbolt off the seat,when you get the new seat frame that bolts to the floor,Weapon R sells them the buckle part remounts to it with a new bolt you get at hardware store with lock nut.

What year tC is it going into as then you have sensors in the stock seats to contend with for position,airbags,and person in the seat,each year has a differant procedure to one degree or another....
I have an 07
Old 03-24-2009, 01:52 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

be careful when your order brackets.
i ordered mine at diff times.
when i ordered the driver bracket i ordered it from northstar motorsports and it came with a tab to mount the stock seatbelt clip.
when i ordered the pass. brackets i ordered it from dezod however it didnt have the tab, which means you dont have the option to run the stock seatbelt and also means you will need to drill 1 hole somewhere for the harness eyebolt.

there are several diff. manufacturers that make sparco brackets so just take your time and do your research to make sure you get the ones you want.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

As hoodie said there are a couple of places to get the brackets,most comman I have seen is Waepon r brackets,best no probably not but they work fine.....on 3 seats of seats I have modded only one bracket had bad fitment and we jsut dremeled and rewelded it to right spot.....honestly not even sure how they screwed it up.......lol

does your car have side air bags and bags in seats or not,if not then there is only a simple sensor coming to seat and 4 simple sensors to remove,if it has airbag then it is a little mroe time consuming.........no harder,just takes two people and takes longer......

happy to walk you through it,done 3 cars now and all three work with all safty features such as airbags,position sensors and seatbelt sensors working correctly....if it ain't safe no need to do it.......lol.....the guys we did theirs ride with their kids so we had to make them work right or else.........got about 40 hours into figuring out how to make them all work and install cleanly.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:09 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

Brian, you need to walk me through that. lol
Old 03-25-2009, 05:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Can do let me know the year abnd waht you got and I can probably get picutre of what we did.......it took us about 14 hours in the cold to figure it all out.....but it works all three cars,all three were differant setups.......we made it work properly and cleanly which in my opinon was the most important........it was done clean,tricking the sensors was a pain....... and kinda halve butted........but none the less it wil trigger air bags in an accident with no air bag light......

PNW crew working hard through the winter to find the ways to make it work.......lol
Old 03-25-2009, 05:21 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

Sparco Torino 2's in a 09 tC.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

PM sent.......getting late and can get photos this week of waht we did if needed....can call me if needed to.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I don't have side or seat air bags if I got a harness bar how would I hook up the harness to it?
Old 03-26-2009, 01:10 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

you need to drill and thread holes for eyebolts or use a 3 bar slide adjuster to wrap it around the bar.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Can I mount the harness to a c-pillar bar?

Do I have to hack up my stock seats to get all the seatbelt stuff out? My seats came with brackets they are made by Wedge engineering. They don't appear to have any other mounting points for a harness or seat belt for that matter.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No no no, do NOT mount it to a C-pillar bar. That's not safe. Get a harness bar from NRG if you need to.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

c-pillar bar is defff. unsafe, way to flimsy.

idk what you mean by hack up your stock seats, all you have to do is transfer the wiring harnesses from the undersides of the seats.

if the brackets do not have an extra tab for eyebolts you will need to drill a hole.

this is the extra tab im talking about, but only some brackets have them.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by kiss_kiss_kill
No no no, do NOT mount it to a C-pillar bar. That's not safe. Get a harness bar from NRG if you need to.
good to know, I was originally told by someone that you could do that. I only want to run a harness for car shows and use my regular seat belt for DD.

http://weapon-r.com/english/index.ph...oducts_id=6163
Weapon-R bracket, Is that the bracket to mount the seat belt I see a side tab but not sure if that's what it's for.

My current brackets does not have that tab on the side to mount anything.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Chrisb319
Originally Posted by kiss_kiss_kill
good to know, I was originally told by someone that you could do that. I only want to run a harness for car shows and use my regular seat belt for DD.

http://weapon-r.com/english/index.ph...oducts_id=6163
Weapon-R bracket, Is that the bracket to mount the seat belt I see a side tab but not sure if that's what it's for.

My current brackets does not have that tab on the side to mount anything.
Oh, if you're only using it for car shows then screw it, mount it to the c-pillar, but don't use them that way.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

if you want to do it for car shows just run them to the backseat and tuck them in.

if i were at a show and i saw a harness mounted on a c-pillar bar i would prob lol. and if i saw the owner id have a little talk with him/her. haha
Old 03-26-2009, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Where does the harness bar bolt to? The harness has 4 points to mount it to Where do they all mount to I know the two that are connected to the straps mount to the bar but where do the bottom two mount for the straps that go around your waist. I think I'm going to have to run either one of the other since there are only so many places I can think of to mount the harness bolts for your waist. Can I still have stock seat belts with a harnessbar and not block the back seat? I'm most likely just going to run the stock seat belts but I wanted to harness to be atleast functional so people don't laugh.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

a harness bar is mounted to the stock seatbelt location underneath the b pillars.

the other two mount on the side, one eyebolt screws into a hole by the doors thats already there, the other one will need to go on the tab of the seatbracket (if you have it, like in the pics i posted) if not you will need to drill and thread a hole on the side right below the center armrest.

Quick Reply: Need help with sparco seats.